2018-11-04 19:06:06

I have the option buttons appear fine but the button for traveling doesn't read and I can not find buttons to purchase anything after clicking buy.
Also when scanning or sending messages no names appear to select

2018-11-07 15:27:28

Hi Utopian,

Are you using the web version of Messenger others have suggested in this thread?

2018-11-07 15:29:58

I have tried but it keeps sending me back to the app

2018-11-08 17:36:00

I don't believe the mobile version of Messenger is as accessible as the web version. I'm not sure on your device how to stop it going to the app unless you visit www.messenger.com directly maybe?

2019-07-26 09:35:38

I would like to ask the admin of Text Spaced, Apollo, to let me back into the game, and allow me to at least play it. Whatever I did, even if all offenses he accused me of would be true, I have committed those when communicating, chatting on the game's Discord channels, and not in the game itself. In the Text Space game itself, I haven't committed any bannable offense, haven't violated any game rules, haven't cheated, used multis, intentionally abused features, nor harrassed or annoyed other players with messages, again, in the game itself. I have even donated real money to it, twice even, despite my pretty modest financial situation. So permabanning me from all game related Discord channels, including the possibility to PM other users there,  should be a strict enough punishment for whatever I did, there is no need, nor a valid reason to permaban me from the game itself too, taking away from me my main, primary entertainment, which occupied, filled the very most of my vast spare time.

Regards,
Caccio
from Hungary

2019-07-30 17:57:59

No.

Apollo.

2019-07-31 02:10:04

@textspaced Hello there! How's the game going? I've not played it in a while, are there any news?

2019-07-31 16:09:21 (edited by TextSpaced 2019-07-31 16:14:59)

Hi @caio, thanks for your continued interest.

It's going very well, we are getting close to 5,000 active players and have introduced a ton of new features. We're hoping to leave beta by the end of year, once all of the skills trees are in. We're also starting to receive interest of investment which is exciting.

2019-07-31 16:32:40

so come on apollo what did caccio do this time lol.
sadly after my faction fucked up and got us effectively techfucked i lost heart and well left quietly. didn't see the point in shouting about it. shame because it is a good game.

2019-07-31 16:52:55 (edited by Dark 2019-07-31 17:23:44)

Okay I'm having another look at the game myself since this one has needed an entry on the database for a while now. My old account seems to have gone bye bye, but I don't particularly mind since I wasn't exactly far into the game anyway.

I'm currently trying out some mining and hoping its working.
One thing I do find a little odd, is that when I try scanning for stuff I'm told nothing is around, and yet when I look at nearby sectors, everything is unexplored. I'm literally stuck in the middle of no where big_smile.

Is there a way to scan for stuff that you can actually get to? EG mining destinations, trade ports etc?

Similarly, when I look at missions, they're all thousands upon thousands of L Y away, which makes them pretty useless to me, even those that would actually be possible to complete.

So right now I'm mining away, even though the sector has very low in most everything since I can't find anywhere else to mine,  and hoping that I will then be able to actually find a place to sell stuff once I've finished otherwise I would be all kinds of stuck.

Btw, I thought there was a way to scan nearby sectors for planets, minable stuff etc, yet when I look on ftl I'm just told the sector name and unexplored and that's that, heck there aren't even any stable planets round here.

Edit: okay, full hold, no where to sell anything, and not enough light speed to get to the nearest trade station or wormhole or whatever even if my drive was at maximum power (I found the scan structures option and the nearest trade station is 63 LY away and I only have a max of 30 in my drive), talk about making things hard at the start, I seem to be %100 stuck .

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-07-31 21:20:28

Wow, lots of questions @dark, I'll attempt to answer them.

Different players will start in different parts of the universe, to see what is around you, cou can use the nearby option under FTL which is under helm. If you are looking for a specific strucutre, such as a trading structure to sell your cargo, you can either use the FTL trading macro by typing "FTL trading" in the top level menu or visit Helm > FTL > Structures > Tradings > Your preference, this will show places you have discovered. If you haven't discovered any sectors yet this may not show a lot, so you will need to explore by travelling to near by sectors.

Your light drive will charge over time, a Shuttle charges a light year of travel every 5 minutes and yes, it is a difficult game everything has to be worked for. You should aim at getting a faster ship when possible (ships are cheaper then you think), most player controlled shipwrights have crafted their own ships that are pretty quick and of course NPC shipwrights have their own collection as well. To see a collection of some of this ships available and who sells them you can visit out Wiki at: https://textspaced.fandom.com/wiki/Ships

We also have a Discord server with a dedicated team for new players where you can ask as many questions as you like: https://discord.gg/pwTTNyn

(and @darren too many things to go into, we have just had enough big_smile )

2019-07-31 22:29:22

Darren:

I did nothing, which should normally be sanctioned with a permaban even from the TextSpaced game itself.

I guess what I did, Apollo would summarize with something like (excessively annoying the TextSpaced community on its Discord chats", (although that definitely wasn't my intention), and after he permabanned me from the chats for that, I complained about the case in a forum of another online game I still play occasionally.

Ok, banning, or maybe even permabanning me from TextSpaced Discord chats for that would be eventually justified, but he could really at least left me play the game itself, especially by knowing how much it meant to me.

It indeed kept me occupied, and entertained me during the very most of my vast spare time, which I simply cannot find anything to fill it with now, and it doesn't look like I will ever be able to find a replacement for that game.
(knowing my sophisticated game expectations, not even one close to it)

Since regardless of being permabanned from it, I still say TextSpaced is, by far, the very best textual game I ever played, plus it is one, which I am able to almost totally perfectly play as a blind gamer with screen reader.

So it is actually by far the very best game I found, and played since my vision loss!

If Apollo would let me just play TextSpaced again, (so only to play it), totally regardless of my personal oppinions and convictions, I would promise, and do for him literarily whatever he demands!

Caccio
from Hungary

2019-07-31 23:47:02

And I shall make a last, desperate attempt now:

Apollo, I appologize for everything I did, which lead to this current situation

We came quite well along at the beginning, and I admit it was my fault it ended in such a dreadful, catastrophally sorrowful way for me.

Will you please accept my appology?

2019-08-01 01:49:03

@textspaced Oh, quick question how is the current combat system? Last time I checked it was a card game but it wasn't very accessible to screenreader yusers.

2019-08-01 07:34:27 (edited by Dark 2019-08-01 08:08:52)

Sorry about the questions.
I believe I understand my mistake. I didn't realize that - negative numbers indicated direction of travel, meaning that all that's necessary to get to something out of range is to wait, I also didn't noticed the "next" and "previous" buttons on the destinations page to get to stuff further away.
so I will eventually be able to trade my goods after all big_smile.

@Caio, you can try combat simulations under I believe the tactical tab. I tried one just now  to see what the interface is like.
It seems clear enough with everything labeled that should be and indicators as to what is happening, though since its real time you do obviously need to keep up with incoming messages.
Actually that's the one thing I do wish, that incoming messages were read automatically, but hay going up to the last heading and reading down isn't too bad, and often necessary to click buttons.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-08-01 18:11:20

@cacio we actually updated the combat system a couple of days ago to help address this further. The combat is still card-based, but now you set targetting modes for your weapons instead of manually targetting them (unless you really want to). This free's up time to focus on playing non-attacking cards of which you can play 3 of each turn, with the choosing time being 2 minutes. Additionally, the targeting modes work with autoplay, meaning you can choose a targeting mode (strongest, weakest, fire at will etc) and then enable autoplay to play the rest of the cards for you. The default targeting mode is also 'weakest targets'.

2019-08-03 14:48:24

For some reazon, the game isn't responding to my messages.

2019-08-03 16:58:12

@caio That's odd, our Discord server has people that can help debug any issues you have. Are you playing on the full Messenger site (not the lite) on, or on a mobile device?

2019-08-03 19:28:55

@textspaced I've tried on both, the game simply doesn't respond to any of my messages.

2019-08-03 19:54:43

@Caio, you should see buttons for the various actions.
If you go down to the bottom of the page and then back a heading to the last message from the game text spaced, you should then be able to use button navigation or the arrows to see possible actions, as well as the game text.

Hth.

I'm afraid I'm no expert on facebook messenger, indeed facebook generally I find a right pain in the rear, and Text spaced is the first time I've used the messenger, though I'm glad it seems to work for me.

2019-08-03 20:56:06

@dark There are no messages from the game, only the ones I sent. They show as delivred.

2019-08-05 11:52:58

@caio How far have you gotten in the game, have you made a character? If so, what captain name have you chosen?

2019-08-05 16:19:47

@textspaced I will try again now but I've received no imput from the game. I send a message to it but n answer comes.. I've not created a captain yet

2019-08-05 18:53:27

@caio we found an issue with your account, sending any message now should allow you to proceed.

2019-08-05 19:10:39

nice and efficient as always apollo smile