2018-09-22 18:59:54

oh right i see. how often does it do anything? also textspace, i had an idea, can we have an alert for when a ships drive is fully charged?

2018-09-23 00:35:51

do you gather stuff from exploration automatically? i ask because after i finished exploring a planet i found a gather button but because it had already been explored it wouldn't allow me to do it.

2018-09-23 08:09:10

Hi Darren,

We used to have a notification when the light drive was fully charged, but it drove most players crazy getting a notification every 20 minutes, so we removed it. Since the charge is time based, it should be easy to approximately work it out.

With exploring, you always have a chance of finding wonders, after points of interest, food, water and medical supplies and consumables. Once a planet has been charged you can choose to go on a gathering trek where you have a chance of just finding food, water, medical supplies or consumables.

This is especially useful if you are in the far frontier and are running out of food or after a specific consumable.

2018-09-23 12:33:23

could it be a toggle setting in the settings menu?
also could you find a way or suggest something that would stop my windows screen reader from jumping all over the place sometimes whilst playing the game? it can really slow gameplay down and get quite annoying.

2018-09-23 12:38:11

so is the gather activity also an idle one?

2018-09-23 13:10:13

Hi Darren, I can certainly look into having it added as a preference.

We have told Facebook many times about screen readers issues, it will be up to them to fix it. And yes, just like exploring it’s an idle activity.

2018-09-23 13:40:53

ok because i leave it for a good 5 minutes and nothing happens or seems not to. so how can i tell?

2018-09-23 14:34:06

Hi Darren,

Gathering is a bit different to exploring, where it will only notify you once something has been found.

2018-09-23 14:37:13

oh right i see

2018-09-24 12:47:36

ok 1 more question on gathering, does the activity actually end or does the character keep going over the planet looking for stuff until you stop it?

2018-09-24 21:23:45

Hi Darren,

Gathering will continue indefinitely.

2018-09-24 21:56:43

ok thank you.

with regards to ship upgrades and skills, firstly upgrades, is there either a helpfile or something that can tell you not where to find specific upgrades but what upgrades are available currantly in the game?
looking at skills, as skills increase certainly with the miner skill i've noticed that i am bringing in overall more material at any given time or i seem to be, am i just imagining this as i now have a scout or is this an accurate assumption? talking about master skills, can you have more than 1 master skill? i thought according to the helpfiles that once a base skill reaches 1.0 you can assign a master skill? either i'm wrong or i'm not finding the correct way to assign said skills.

2018-09-25 18:40:53

Hi Darren,

There are no ships upgrades as such, unless you count enhancing your ship. You can get better ships, or craft better one's with the right skill and change their port configuation. Such as fitting a cargo extension port or shield geneator and other equipment. In terms of enhanced a ship, if you spend lots of time in a ship you will gain FTUs (Flight Time Units) once this hit the target (2500) the shipwright can enhance your ship for you improving it's stats.

Skills indeed effect most things in the game from trading to mining and combat to engineering, once you get a skill to level 2.00 you can swap it for a master skill. A lot of the master skills are in (such as all the mining ones) but not all of them yes. You have to choose one master skill per base skill, so one mining master skill, one explorer master skill and so on.

2018-09-25 20:57:28

ok thanks for that. so are the currant port upgrades or whatever you want to call them available to see somewhere? so we can for example plan what sort of port upgrades we want on our ships?

2018-09-25 22:26:21

Hi Darren,
No there is not a full list of equipment, this is for players to find out. Also, there are many other ports that can’t be bought from merchants and instead can only be crafted. If you are interested in equipment though, asteroid bars only sell equipment ports.

2018-09-26 00:07:13

ok thank you. looking ahead, i've been browsing the helpfiles with interest, it mentions something about supply lines. can you tell me more about these? is this your faction creating it's own ships to go out and get resources or something? also talking about factions for a second, the npc factions, do they expand as well as the player factions? or do they tend to stay in their own area of space? the further towards the frontier i go the less of the npc factions i am seeing thus why i'm asking.

2018-09-27 12:26:33

Hi Darren,

I think I know the book you are referring to. This is more suggesting supply lines that factions run in concept, such as mining metal from a specific sector and moving it to a storage facility, there is currently no formal process for this in game to defien supply lines or routes.

Each NPC faction is controlled by a self learning neural network with their own objectives, they have the same controls a players and will expand as they see fit. They don't have restrictions, but since TransGov and the Descendants are often in conflict, they spend a lot of their resources on that.

2018-09-27 12:33:58

Started playing this a while ago but maybe it's a  thing or using mobile FB, but not all the buttons show up, and t least here) it seems like a ton of tabbing around to get to the buttons, then I hit one and it doesn't always register in FF. Is it still only playable Messenger?Mssengr?

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2018-09-27 13:42:24

yes it's still only playable in messenger.

2018-09-29 09:32:17

Yes, for the foreseeable future it will only be playable through Facebook Messenger.

2018-09-29 12:07:36

Okay so question, I've checked the macros but.....I'm not sure if I can just type in commands and do everyting via messages...or.......ya know, I gotta do buttons. I'm trying this via Pidgin because why not?

Also on Linux natively

2018-09-29 12:17:08

yes you can type in commands into the message field then just press enter.

2018-09-29 17:52:31

Hi JaceK,

Thanks for checking out the game. It’s ublikely to operate with Pidgin as unless it can replicate all the Messenger templates, there will be instances where you need to use buttons, lists or generic templates to interact with the game.

2018-10-04 02:56:14

Okay, this is weird now, I'm on both regular FB and mobile FB....and it just says Options: after the message, admittedly said one is I died due to computer issues/not being able to log on.

No buttons, nothing. There weren't any before, mind....

Also on Linux natively

2018-10-04 02:59:09 (edited by JaceK 2018-10-04 03:00:39)

this is....annoying. On mobile/regular FB it gives me the same 'due to lack of food and water you have died' message, I want to do something but the messsage has no options, no buttons, nothing at all. Even before I died, I had zero options after the first ship jumped in and asked me about if I'd seen that one guy at the very, very start of the game. Ideas? Or did I break  the game by being on mobile FB?

EDIT: Here,

TextSpaced
A lack of food and water has resulted in your death.
Options:

That's all I get. No buttons, nothing at all, no options, typing in any text results in the same message being repeated over and over.

Also on Linux natively