2021-08-05 22:13:00

khomus wrote:

As it happens, I have the game. I just contacted the Audio Games Archive about submitting it, so we'll see what happens. But don't worry, your dreams may soon come true.

I wish somebody would work up a better version actually. It has no sounds, for example. You could also do some of the variations if you could find the rules for them, which I could possibly help with.

That would be great. I haven't played Mancala in a while, so I need a refresher. I think the variant I played was where you would drop a stone into the goal each time you passed by it, and when you ran out of stones you could collect all the stones in the hole that you stopped at, assuming there is more than 1. If there is only 1, your turn ends.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2021-08-05 22:26:15

i do, in fact have the actual game itself, can record sounds if anybody wishes to add them to a game.
Though myne is plastic.

2021-08-05 22:49:03

I actually found a good video on YouTube which has about 5 minutes of someone playing Mancala, and I managed to trim out some nice sounds. I think the best plan of action though is to start this in a new thread. As Amerikranian stressed, this is probably not a good idea continuing a thread which was abandoned about 4 years ago.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2021-08-06 18:26:12

Just so people who wanted it know, the existing mancala game people have been asking about is now up on the Audio Games Archive, I assume under various developers, but I haven't actually gone and looked for it.

Re:  mancala variants

Here is bao, the most complicated version, as far as I know. I don't know if you could play this as a blind person without modification because, if I remember rightly, both people play at the same time. I'd love to chase down a bao set and try it though, assuming I could even understand it. It's played in Kenya and nearby places.

https://www.kibao.org/kanuni.php?lng=en

2021-08-12 19:51:43

link on first post not work.

2021-08-13 17:13:25

when i try launch link is. The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire. And the fact that someone wants to find a game, you should not like someone. EHH

2021-08-13 17:47:53

i think the original poster took the game down....but i love this game, wish someone would make an accessible online version.....but i have the game of my dreams accessible at the moment, hearthstone, so i won't even complain

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2023-08-08 13:34:09

hello, the download links have expired, I would be very happy if you send them again.

history and strategy games are my main interest. but every developer who does his job well manages to attract attention.

2023-08-08 18:17:57 (edited by DevilGuardian 2023-08-08 18:21:33)

Hear you go
https://agarchive.net/games/other/mancala.exe

The people who love you the most,   are the people who matter most in your life.

2023-08-09 00:47:34

yes def would like an updated version with sounds

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos