2017-05-01 17:04:27

Yeah you need to replace the key that is in the init.py file with the one they give you and change the url in ocr.space file to one of the servers they give you.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-05-01 17:13:18

guessing that's all in the addons folder?  I'll have a look.  sound pretty self explanetory though.  thanks as always.
I've just started battle city.  Seeker, I hate you so much.

2017-05-01 17:24:05

Yeah it's all in addons. Also I hate seeker more than any other duelist.

2017-05-01 17:28:17

same.  especially as you have nearly no control over whether you win or not.  I don't have most of the cards that can stop exodia yet.

2017-05-01 17:29:20

I hope we can get more people to play this though.  duels against each other would be epic.
I still can't quite believe this is playable though.  so many years of waiting.

2017-05-01 17:56:23 (edited by death 2017-05-01 17:57:08)

Yeah I'd love it if more people played this. Write now I'm just building up cards, but I'd seriously love to eventually have tournaments if people were willing. Also I hear you about the waiting for years part. Now that it's happened I almost can't believe it.

2017-05-03 04:35:30

In my case, really I'm not building a deck,  because I'm only playing with a cousin that have sight, and in our case, we play yu-gi-oh in the reality and we found more interesting try to replicate the anime battles using the characters decks.

Well, when you want to build a real deck to use in online battles, get in mind the bandlist cards. For example chaos emperor dragon is absolutely forbidden in the tournament banlist. Other cards like monster reborn are forbidden, raygeki is one per deck, and other things. And yes, the game implements these cards rulings, but not in the story mode.

Well, I have to play more, I'm resent in panic duel. Win that duel using the yugi's deck isn't easy, specially that the game wants that you use the catapult turtle, and that  card is a really boring strategy.

bye tongue

2017-05-03 04:42:33

Yeah I know about the ban list. Honestly doesn't bother me at all because some cards are just stupidly powerful. (Also I may have uh accidentally deleted the walkthrough/explination I had on dropbox, so I apologize.)

2017-05-03 15:05:09

I was actually highly entertained with the catapult turtle strategy, mainly because I beat him with the combination of that with burning land.  didn't expect that to work like it did.
On another note, I've finally figured out how to surrender.  it's a great way to get quick points for packs, as well as an extra card if you start off with a bad hand and don't feel like dealing with it.

2017-06-20 01:22:28

Hi,

Trying this and it worked for a while but now when I do cloud OCR, I get absolutely nothing back. Not even in regular Explorer Windows. I didn't get close to 500 yet though, what could have happened?

Zersiax

2017-06-20 03:29:54

Could have something to do with screen resolution. If it's too large it can't OCR the entire thing.

2017-06-20 09:49:21

Hmmm it had to do with a tool I use to keep my screen very dark smile Now, a lot of stuff works quite well but I get in trouble once an actual duel starts. The dialogues and tutorials read fine but in a duel I just get what looks like four options read, one which isread as "buat" and I can't seem to see the rest. My resolution is 1920x1600 though, is it too h igh?

Zersiax

2017-06-20 14:09:34

I usually have my resolution at 1280x720. It seems to be the best resolution I've found as of now. Also holding Y in order to go into detailed view on a card is the best way to OCR because it doesn't try reading the extra stuff.

2017-06-20 14:45:32

Going to try that resolution system-wide first. For some reason the graphics options screen doesn't read well for me, so I can't see what the in-game resolution is set to and if I'm in Windowed mode yes or no. Any pointers f or that anyone?

2017-06-20 15:14:32

Ok so I just played my first duel. I  can read inform8's dialogue, as well as the story way better now I managed to put it in Windowed. However what I continue to have trouble with is the phase menu and the actions menu for a card. Specifically when playing a card I often only see the show details option, not the option to actually play it even though it is there. Is that something others have ran into?

2017-06-20 15:50:39

Never really have that problem personally. I just focus on it going attack, defense, details, or activate, set, details. Sometimes there are 4 options depending on abilities in which case it's usually the ability then attack defense details. There's also four options for penjalim summons in which case it's attack, defense, and set in pendgalum zone.

2017-06-20 16:23:58

it's very doable once you get used to things.
however when you get to the battle city arc, press Y while scanning a card.

So far though, that's the only place I've found to mess the game up that bad.

On an unrelated note, I'm playing an old wrestling game which would be completely accessible if there was a way to read the textual storymode. 
I'm not sure if that is the emulator causing issues though.
so disappointing.

2017-06-20 16:42:21

Yeah battle city's the only place I've seen that messes everything up to a huge degree, and I'm pretty sure that's just because of the visuals.

2017-06-30 12:44:02

Death, can you reupload, or remake your explanation video? Want to get this but I think I'll be horribly lost without it.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2017-06-30 15:35:44 (edited by death 2017-07-01 17:53:31)

Yeah I'll have to redo it today. I wasn't paying attention and removed it from db when I was deleting files.
edit: I'm a liar and will hopefully have it up by tomorrow at the latest.

2017-07-11 03:23:18

Hey death, could you rerecord that tutorial? Pretty lost as to what to do lol.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2017-07-11 17:15:36

Hello folks.  I had no idea something like Cloud OCR existed.  This would make my life so much easier.  I cannot get it to work though.  I may just be stupid though.  I downloaded the add-on and installed it.  However, when I press NVDA+Shift+R nothing happens.  Is there a sound or something that lets you know that the OCR is actually picking up on text.  I have tried this on images, web pages and even just my desktop when I have a wallpaper with text on it, but it never seems to do anything.  I am a bit new to NVDA too though, so I don't know if I should be in a specific focus mode or something to make it work.  Can someone please help me.  I bought this game quite some time ago, but I gave up playing just about a month or two after buying it because it hurt my eyes too much to actually try and read card descriptions.  Now I almost can't read them even if I try.  I would love to give this another shot.

2017-07-11 20:28:29

Sorry, here it is.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 … 300-52.flv Will edit the first post with the link as well as the link to cloud OCR. Got incredibly distracted, so again I apologize for not having this up sooner. It's not the best, but if you have any questions just ask here and I'll hopefully be able to answer them.
Also to the post above, yes cloud OCR should make a tri tone sound when you use the shortcut.

2017-07-11 22:30:34

Sorry for the double post, but tensoon try this.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 … nvda-addon

2017-07-12 08:29:08

Thanks, it works now.  I don't know how the one you posted differed from the one I got from GitAHub, but it works fine.