2019-03-10 03:23:25

OK. Deep breath.

I totally get how it looks like a dictatorship. And thinking back on some of the crazy shit that's gone on on that game, hell I'd think the same thing as an outsider.

What the hell is wrong with this crazy game and it's crazy, stupid, insane, unstable flakey developer?

I'd never meant for the game, or anything for that matter, to get this far. What Alokin does on the game, I honestly don't know, because I'm honestly not around on the week days to figure that out. I have training at the center Iowa Department of the Blind here, so that takes up most of my time. I can only just hear it from others.

So ... Do I run my game like a dictatorship? i honestly try not to. Do I have anger issues? Yes. Do I let things get to me? Yes. Do I always take criticism well? No.

Should I moderate my own game? Maybe not.

See, here's the thing. I really, honestly do enjoy developing and coding and watching my ideas come out. And I love the environment that SBYW provides when it's at it's best. A calm, cool place to just build. Maybe if I just create an alias account for a while and play as a player and not a developer, and develop behind the scenes, it'll help. I think what really sets me off is coming online to my game and immediately getting blown up with Mason can you do this, Mason can you do that, etc, when most of the time I just want to come online and hang out.

Maybe I need to make some kind of report system of some kind, where people who want things checked on can send it to and the admins can look into it. Maybe I can then put myself in the position where I'm not always constantly under pressure or stress and then maybe I can really start to work on myself and getting my temper and issues under control.

I welcome any thoughts.

Follow on twitter! @masonasons_me
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: masonasons.me
If this post is of any use, why not thumb it up?

2019-03-10 03:56:26

Well I think you should talk to NS because as much as you don't know what's going around the game, he's been getting very bad about playing extremely loud noises, banning people left and right, doing god knows what, and just overall being a pretty bad admin/dev. You can say you don't know what happens in the game, but it still linked and attached to your name, so sorry but it is your responsibility.

Ivan

2019-03-10 03:58:44

Oh, I'm definitely not saying it's not my problem or responsibility.

2019-03-10 04:00:45

Well your post made it look like you said well NS does his thing, that's him, not me so go talk to him.

Ivan

2019-03-10 04:01:28

Nah. That's not what I meant. What I meant was that I'm not around so was only recently aware of that stuff that was going on regarding that stuff.

2019-03-10 06:44:20

I'm still banned for suggesting that the code might be sold to Charlie or Ivan on a bad day for Mason. Not sending eloq crashes, not speed hacking, not persistent harassment of one or more players, not spamming chat, not engaging in any other disruptive behavior... not intentionally doing things to lag the server... just saying something that pissed Mason off after I said something that pissed him off on Twitter. I mean unless... dying 10 times on the maze of hell or whatever that shit is called is an offense, because I did do that. The problem is not always NS. People often say you can run your game how you want - and yeah, that is true. However, setting in place certain moral standards only that they might be circumvented by the top dogs is just that, a dictatorship. If it's not, you will not ban players for offending you, because someone like say Braille0109 couldn't ban me if I decided to go on and tell him his map was crap, horribly designed, and that he should leave the damn basement and go do something more productive. Of course I'd never do that, that was just an example, since of course he couldn't ban me for that because he's just a player.

Twitter: stevo399
Have a nice day!

2019-03-10 08:47:21

someone was getting banned because they said oh shit, that's an example of no freedom of speech.

you can't run from the darkness. we are everywhere.

2019-03-10 10:10:02

So would you look at this...Message of the Day: So, as many of you know, the game will not be discontinued. However, bans and mutes will be given out a lot more liberally. SBYW was built to be a drama-free, calm zone for players to just get away and escape for a bit, not to be harassed or bothered by others. If we see that there is drama going on in chat or between players, we will not be afraid to take immediate action regarding it. Thanks and happy scrolling!
Oh god...what he doesn't realize is that just what he and his buddy are doing, is getting everyone worked up and that is what causes his "drama". Seriously, that word just gets so over-used all the time. Drama drama drama. Its amusing how anything gets started and oh...its all now drama. One small disagreement is now considered drama to a lot of you.

Ivan

2019-03-10 11:09:06

@433 fully agree.

Regards
Add me on skype
Follow me on twitter
Our blind community is unfairly treated, when it comes to games.

Thumbs up

2019-03-10 13:45:40

Hey, why giving out bannes when you have done all ready, by taking this action you are loozing your player bace but slower. Oh, and what about the people that have payed for the game?

]

Thumbs up

2019-03-10 14:04:33

Well. Because of all the drama and especially the people who seem to constantly start it, there are places and people in the community which I'll stay away from in the future.

Best regards SLJ.
If you like the post, then please give it a thumps up.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Happy gaming... :D

2019-03-10 18:25:01

Lol, haven't they already been doing that? Handing out bans liberally. There are just no words.

I don't care if you pay the bills, if you can produce your deed or your lease,
If you have a cat, the cat owns your crib.
Sorry about that, I don't make the rules, the cats do.
For multi-cat residences, one cat owns the other cats, *and* your crib, dang, eh?

Thumbs up +1

2019-03-10 19:50:41

Lol yeah not to mention, the thing with messages like that is it gives them basically the freedom to decide they don't like something, and ban for it. That message of the day has a lot of wiggle room, as it does not define any of the behaviors listed. It simply states that, basically, if whatever the admins feel is drama, or if they feel they themselves or another player is not having a good time, they can ban them. This could also be if someone says something that ruffles Mason's feathers.
Hell, with the profoundly vast definition of drama used by Mason and others like him, you may get banned for passively aggressively stating opposition to someone's idea. Sigh and make them feel unsure of themselves? Who knows...

Have a nice day!

2019-03-13 06:48:00

I totally get your point. I should maybe change it then because that's not what I'm trying to get across at all. I want to have an environment where people don't feel like they're being judged, etc. If you guys have any other suggestions on how I should word it feel free to post here. I'm listening.

2019-03-13 12:17:55

Ok but that's not the environment you create. See, you say all these things like "Oh I want to be better", or "Oh well I don't want the game to be X and Y" but on the game its like everything you say goes right out the window. Someone says something and you're having a bad day? Ban!

Ivan

2019-03-13 13:00:10

I know. And it's something I can change. Maybe not immediately, but there are things I can do to at least try.

2019-03-13 18:28:47

@440 start by unbanning me and others who did not enact any dangerous or disruptive behavior. That's step 1. Otherwise, you should ban the possessed bear or whoever for saying someone makes out with sam's ass

Have a nice day!

2019-03-14 03:39:25

I was about to say...he talks and nothing to what he says is being done. I'm sure NS has banned a few people and he's just...ignoring any requests from anyone to be unbanned. He doesn't want to say "no" in worry probably that he'll scare away his "coding monkey" but he doesn't want to look bad. Well, wheather you say it or not, actions speak much louder than words Masonian.

Ivan

2019-03-14 17:10:27

Oh, actually I was going to unban I just haven't been near my pc.

2019-03-17 10:38:16

Mason has made a large update to the game. Some major things are ads a stream thing but I don't really know what it is, more surfaces, sounds, and yes, over 45 new music tracks! thanks Mason!

blindness is an ability. not a disability.

2019-03-17 12:13:59

mason very well said in post 426, I understand where you are coming from. seems like sam was also going through this same problem. at the end of the day these guys want to be players too, have fun too, and not just work work work on the game. us as a community needs to be more understanding to this, and really need to stop giving devs all this flack. I remember they use to do the same thing to aprone, just being ungrateful, complaining every little thing, cheating, complaining about every little change he would make to swamp, and aprone just said fuck this man I'm out, I need a break and I don't blame him. I said this once and i'll say it again, if we keep running our devs insane we won't be playing any new games in the future. we really have some bitchy whiny, complaining, players in this community man, is very disgusting. rant over

Thumbs up

2019-03-17 22:28:17

Hi Mason.
After your latest attitude on the forum in the topics which has been closed, I have decided to stop supporting you as a developer. I will never support developers who talk shit to others on public forums like that. You say fuck the community, and that you don't care at all.
I will just, like many others, never care about your games and your development in the future. Some people never change, and you seem to be one of them.
This is my last comments in your topics, unless I as a moderator need to take care of anything. If I do, then my personal opinion doesn't matter at all.
I wanna wish you good luck with the development in the future, for those who still cares...

Best regards SLJ.
If you like the post, then please give it a thumps up.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Happy gaming... :D

2019-03-17 23:15:49

I only talk shit to people who talk shit to me first. I will absolutely not tollerate being disrespected, after all the time I spend in development of these games.

That said, it's your choice to support me or not, and by fuck the community, I meant fuck the haters and people who are always bitching just to bitch, without even knowing anything about me, just going off of whatever everyone else says. Fuck those people. Now to the people who actually get to know me, knowing what others think of me? Hats off to ya, you're awesome!

2019-03-17 23:42:08 (edited by MasterOfDeath 2019-03-17 23:42:29)

And nobody catches him for swearing, personally attacking the community we can say. Nobody does. Funny, isn't it?

Thumbs up

2019-03-17 23:45:24

Think of it this way. Y'all attacked me first. And I'm tired of it. Tired of every little thing I do being made to look bad when it's not. Think about that for one little microsecond.