2008-04-26 21:28:37 (edited by andy smith 2008-04-26 21:29:52)

Hi guys.

If you have or are considering WindowsLiveMessenger, consider MessengerPlus! It's a plug in for WindowsLiveMessenger, that allows you to do a lot of cool things, such as sounds, custom status, lock (make messenger disappear) and unlock (make it reappear).

Also, it has the power of scripting--one of my favorites, is called usay. Look at it for yourself if you use  WindowsLiveMessenger. You can also change your status or name within an IM window, so there's no need to alt-tab back to the main window and sign out, change your status or name etc.

Hope some of ya find this interesting, there's also apparently a website which offers a version of messenger for a thumb drive, if anyone's interested I'll post a link to it.

2008-04-26 23:12:31

Andy, I'll say this much, you're a resourceful fellow.
I daresay that Windows Messenger (yes, the one built into Windows XP) is doing the trick for me just fine, though, and I'm fast with a keyboard.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2008-04-27 00:03:17

Well actually usay can be combined with other commands, such as like this:
/usay /me Knocks on the door
Which would translate to, when sent:InsertContactNameHere knocks on the door

It's pretty cool. The only thing you can't do is force them to sign out. I tried it. Heheh

2010-08-02 00:04:43

Oh my god that was hard! It was all in a difrent lang!

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2010-08-13 17:06:12

wair can i get windows live mesinger? i've got windows XP but it isn't on my laptop.

2010-08-14 01:15:16

u can get it by googling windows live mesenger.
smile

2010-08-14 13:11:48

o yair. i fogot to try that.