2019-02-15 18:38:23

You people make me think I should maybe give deciced another shot, lol it seems to be quite the popular pick. Dussocket first though, seems to have a fairly decent moveset anyway, not sure how it pans out stat wise.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-02-15 18:48:32

I generally stick to the same team I used in the play through. My reasons and rationale follow.
Fauntozaur: He's my starter, so he has the highest chance to level up from the start. He gets pretty powerful moves, mainly starting with aquazap at I think level 25. He is worthless against iridium, but that's where my other teammates come in.
Deciced: I use him for mostly the same reasons as others. Working with a couple other teemmates, we can take iridium down in 5 or 6 hits, give or take. I would use the ice mythical, but he doesn't get super effective moves until higher levels. In other words, he is busted. Wait for Bergan to learn bubble burst before transforming him into deciced, and you've got a pretty powerful water and ice type.
Skirial: He can take down plant, ice, and shadow types pretty well. Well, OK, ice types if equipped with a polarbug. I hate that you can't get that equipment until shadow kingdom, so by all means trade with someone and equip it early like I do. Keep him away from earth types though if they have the gravity magnet, or he's toast.
Pandourbit: Despite his slow speed and his pain in the butt to catch, he gets some decent moves, though sadly way too late. For instance, it would be nice if he had spirit force before level 31. He can take out a sound type in one hit with that skill. He also shuts down iridium pretty effectively with unending curse. Put him in front of an electric type, and the electric guy is gone in one hit. Keep him away from ice, plant, and water types though, or goodbye.
Junanchel: Is it just me, or are plant types underrepresented in this game? there are tons of water types. I can think of 5 or 6 off the top of my head. The only real plant types that come to mind are this guy or the starter, and this guy gets better moves. Use nature dance on a water type, and the water type is gone. If you can manage to hit an ice type with these moves, they are also gone, for the most part. He keeps my team balance.
Terruffalo: I have had some people tell me it's redundant to have him along with pandourbit on my team, but I like this guy a lot. I don't understand why you can't get him until so late in the game, and when you can get him, his levels are terribly low. This is why I trade, either with myself or someone else, but usually with myself, to get this guy before I even enter the tunnel and second stadium. He makes these areas a breeze. He gets good moves like quake and tunnel, and mudslide, though not always accurate, generally hits 1 of the targets on the field, if not 2. I enjoy using that move in the fifth stadium and against the admins in shadow kingdom. Again, keep him away from ice, water, and plant types, or he's gone.

2019-02-15 19:23:24

Yeah, makes sense for the most part. Except for junanchel though, I personally favor Guererrol's ability to leach health. Assuming it isn't up against something that'll oneshot it, anyway. And power kick could potentially hit an ice type pretty hard, which junanchel wouldn't be able to do. Although I guess the last thing would only really matter against other players.
I'd also like to experiment with fiendour, mortrex, remullion and dussocket, but can't decide who to replace, or just revamp the whole team.

2019-02-15 21:36:58

I confess I haven't experimented with the ones you mentioned. Guerrerrol does worry me bc he seems to be weak to a lot of things. I want to experiment with erroir and myaneko, mo9stly for their massive health and strength. It would be nice to have more than 6 on a team, but I can see why we can't. I also know very little about trumer and fenrir.

2019-02-16 14:59:33

Myaneko is absolute trash. No doubt about it. All the HP doesn't save it when its defenses are paper-thin. Insect move? Dead. Undead move? Dead. Anything else? Dead in two hits. And it doesn't have the firepower to be your prototypical glass cannon. It is reasonably fast, and...that's about it.

Guerrerrol beats Junanchel, hands down. The tree has more HP, but Guerrerrol has better everything else. And all that life drain is nice.
Terruffalo is absolutely pointless on a team with a dedicated ground type. Either ditch Pandourbit or ditch the buffalo; me, I'd ditch the buffalo for something totally different in this slot. Like Mondevol. Or Oristar. Or Sacroloon. Or Fiendour.
Frenrir gets HydroFang, so that means it can partially counter two of its weaknesses (stone and flame). It's quite quick, a little frail on the physical side, but decent otherwise.
Skirial does not stand up in the late game. It's mediocre at everything, which means it also dies in two hits or less to everything. Insect really isn't a needed type, and neither is poison, so there are better air types out there. Fowliture is decent. Martiagle is very good, albeit very niche. Oristar gives very good speed and a lot of flexibility. Also, in the few bits of the manamon walkthrough I heard, Terruffalo missed a lot and Skirial was cannon fodder, so...yeah, not sure.
Mortrex is absolutely dead to holy attacks, but keep it away from that and it's actually pretty good. Well-rounded almost everything. Annoying to have to trade with yourself, but it can be done, obviously.
Dussocket has nice stats and a fair few moves to play with, so I like it decently well as an electric-shadow type.
Giving Deciced Bubble Burst sounds great on paper, and it's not a bad idea, but Deciced's special attack is kind of bad, so I personally don't find myself using this as much as I'd otherwise think to.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-02-16 18:56:01

Yeah, honestly these days I just find myself using skirial pretty much just for paraconfuser fun when it's needed. Like I like rage bug for hitting holy types, and it completely wrecks fighting or shadow types, but...

2019-02-16 21:49:38

Skirial is great against hydrake, especially with toxic storm. I will never ditch terrofalo or pandourbit. I think I will try gurrerrol, but I honestly tend to not waste time with health draining moves. I'd rather just concentrate on supereffective moves that will take an enemy down in 1 or 2 hits rather than gradual hits.. I'd be interested to know if anyone has used erroir and how effective it is.

2019-02-16 23:22:44

I personally love it. If you have the time to level it up, it gets sparking tale which, at low leveled areas and high areas alike of the game, it will reck. It also gets lightning bolt too which is a five up move which recks also. I love it because it seems to get good stats. It has a few weekenesses, but nothing that nobody can't handle.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-02-17 00:41:59

Anyone else spend thousands of gold on healing items for the Irrodium battle then only need one revive and two  medical miracles?  I don't know whether to count this as good luck  fighting the dragon or bad spending about 50,000 gold. Well, Onwards to ascendance path  either way.

If life ain't eventful ... Make it, For there is infinite potential.

2019-02-17 07:16:46

I hate hate ascendance path! Yes, I used to spend tons on healing items, but I typically only needed a couple revives bc my team was so highly leveled. I've gone through entire games never using the full revives. I am going to give gurrerrol and erroir a try in my next playthrough. I will ditch junanchel and someone else, maybe pandourbit.

2019-02-17 10:04:13

Never  seriously used gorrerrol  before,  couldn't generate one with satisfactory stats, But it has some  pretty good moves from what I remember after trying to level it for a bit.  I'm pretty sure it gets a more powerful version of sucker root  with, I think it might have been 60 power. erroir  however I would definitely recommend,  though it can be inaccurate,  it's pretty powerful when it strikes.
Ug, Ascendance path.  Oh electric Mythikal, why must you live here  and force me to return with something that  won't run the risk of killing you.  Even approaching him from the Masters stadium direction is annoying.

2019-02-17 13:47:57

Yeah, gammadrain. Only has 8 points, but recovers half damage and is 100 percent accurate. Combined with slash, power kick, implant and alphadrain for a slightly less powerful healing move.

2019-02-17 15:57:10

Yup, that's my general Guerrerrol set. Gammadrain is actually pretty bloody good. And no, it doesn't outdo Nature Dance for pure damage, but Guerrerrol has better stats and is faster, so you will not only heal back damage but you'll also kill in 1-2 hits if you're hitting for super-effective damage.
Terruffalo is just outclassed. Hell, use Grandlan. Tons and tons of move variation there. Terruffalo is bulky, and that's about all I can say for it.
Skirial. Again, outclassed. Parafuse is neat I suppose, but I'd rather, y'know, kill stuff? Because this game already relies way, way too much on luck. I don't want to waste time with status unless your name is Irroadium. And even then, Skirial just straight dies to that thing. Not worth it. Would rather use a Titomaton or Dussocket or Mondevol there and just paralyze, then go for big damage.

My ideal team is something like Grandlan/Pandourbit/Leonatar, Sacroloon/Oristar/Martiagle, Mortrex/Deciced, Mondevol/Erroir/Dussocket, Fiendour/Titomaton, Banyardan/Guerrerrol/Remullion/Dramagon.
There are others, but for me, those are your basic top tier pieces to a great team. Obviously don't go heavy on the electric/magic/earth types, but yeah.
Manamon like Fauntozaur, Tylovile (if played physically), Bombusect, Submenno, Dragomier, Fowliture, Bellaard, Tenshaino, Garganchan, Ekspunge, Tarboo, Hydrake and Frorgerol are great second-tier options.
And pretty much everything else that isn't mythical is either underwhelming, straight-up busted or just...not inspiring. I want to like sullorb, for instance, but its moves are awful. I want to like Turoison, too, but same deal. Ditto Steelion. Ditto Placebot. Ditto Arctana, Domestress and Rhinodyo.

2019-02-17 18:13:44

Yeah, fair point on the parafusion. If you're just talking about fighting through the story, you potentially can probably just never make use of it and do just fine. If the game had an actual active competitive scene like Pokemon does, different story. But...

2019-02-17 18:20:10

Even then, with the fact that a lot of moves have accuracy penalties, it would be a real crapshoot. Great for fun, but not for competitive play. I used to battle competitively in the Pokémon GSC days. I used to run some nice parafuse sets and stuff, and they're great fun for annoyance...and sometimes they win you matches. But statistically more often than not, you'll get someone getting lucky once or twice and it's lights out. I'd rather build a team that can theoretically wreck everything than a team which is going to flail and maybe annoy you to death.
Look at how inaccurate Sing, Subliminal Radio Wave, Stun Spray and other status moves are. Hell, Aaron couldn't even give some main attacking moves 100% accuracy. I think even Storm Rush (correct me I'm wrong on this) has an accuracy penalty, and it's a two-freaking-turn move that is just straight-up outclassed by Bubble Burst. There is a reason I have amade a list of literally almost a hundred tweaks this game needs. But it won't get them, so it's virtually dead on the vine. Quite a shame.

2019-02-17 18:28:00

Wow, you actually made a list? lol Or was that not a literal statement

2019-02-18 01:34:44 (edited by MegaCharizard 2019-02-18 01:38:21)

Can confirm. Storm rush has 10% accuracy penalty. I really, really, really want to play pokemon, but I don't know how I can do it. Its frustrating I only got stuff that's close like manamon, but it just ain't pokemon.

2019-02-18 01:46:11

I don't know if stuff like alpha and gamadrain work on iridium. I know some moves like soul split that have a fixed damage will simply fail. As I do not want to waste a hit on a move failure, I don't know. As to electric mythical, approach, save your game, use a few gigs to try and capture it, and if you run out, close without saving and start again. I used to do that all the time.

2019-02-18 02:18:18

Wow... a 2 turn move that's outdone by a weaker move used twice, and on top of that can miss? Yeaaaaaaaah, nope.
And yes, alpha/gammadrain would work... they'd just do very little damage since plant is weak against dragon. A power kick or two might do something though, but you're probably off using a magic type with meteor rush.

2019-02-18 04:23:04 (edited by MegaCharizard 2019-02-18 04:26:59)

Yep, This is why I use drench instead. It does have an accuracy penalty but has 90 power  and definitely isn't a two turn attack.
Power kick from a strong fyrate is actually really effective against irrodium, almost as much as a deciced's frigid touch. Don't know about the gorrerrel though but I imagine it would be good.
Most of my low damage moves would kill galvana if  I use it too many times, and too less  damage  if I don't use it as much, it's really hard finding the balance.  Why does it have to be level 40!

2019-02-18 04:46:05

Try using pandourbit with soul split.

2019-02-18 09:35:14

I don't really want to come back after the ascendance path so I'm just deciding what to leave behind to make room for the treasure chest

2019-02-18 23:10:32

So...yes, it was literal. I wrote Aaron an email about Manamon with a whole pile of fixes/suggestions, and he pretty much ignored me while being upset that I had the temerity to suggest it at all. He played the "I've tested longer than you, so I know my game better than you" argument, which I'd respect nine times in ten but which...doesn't really fly here. I wrote a guide. I've done the comparisons. I've used dozens of level-up herbs to see stat profiles and done selective breeding in order to see stat ranges, at least in rough. I have a pretty good idea who gets what at which level. And the resuls is that things like Storm Rush exist, and half the manamon are busted. SMH

Plant is not weak to dragon, but dragon resists plant, so using Gammadrain is pointless. Now, I don't know if Implant works, but it might be worth a try. I do know that Unending Curse works on Irroadium though, so there's that. Smoke and Mirrors will work on it as well I believe.

I'd be willing to share that email I sent Aaron if any of you actually care what sort of suggestions I made.

2019-02-18 23:29:13

I'd definitely be curious, personally. I love drilling into mechanics and things although it seems like you're more analytical about it, I just like knowing the details. tongue

2019-02-19 03:51:53

Yeah, I'd like to see that email. I probably agree with you on several points there. Ultimately, I think what makes a good team depends on what the goal of the player is. If you just want fighting moves that will deal effective damanges in 1 or 2 hits, then there are manamon for that. If you want to do some gradual draining of health and healing, then there are manamon for that. I personally prefer all fighting moves. I rarely keep moves that paralyze, confuse, sleep, etc. I never keep ones that gradually drain health or transfer health. Any way you play it, you can beat it. The tamers you fight are seriously underleveled, at least if you use herbs and EXP Pals, and the wild encounters are underleveled no matter what. There is no reason the electrical mythical should be at level 40 in ascendance path. I have never used it for that reason.