2017-02-20 19:42:54

Greetings all! So after the hole manual landing system proved to not really work in practice last night, i'm doing something different, which will also work for space stations and anything else that has a landing bay. So first off, the hole orbitting system? That's going out the window. Now, their's 2 new options, initiate landing sequence and initiate launch sequence, both when hit will enter the planets atmosphere. I'm thinking of a little minny game that'll require you to line up with the position your intending to land on or launch from. Missing the target means a ruff crashing onto the surface of the object your trying to land on, however, if your landing or launching from a ships landing bay the process will be more automated.

Check out the new reality software site. http://realitysoftware.noip.us

Thumbs up

2017-02-21 02:06:59

few suggestion based on experience from previous version too.
1. Keystrokes for some actions in the sip for examples status, change speed, may be tractor beam if user is near console.
2. categories of object in sensor scan, autopilot etc for quicker choosing.
3. Possibility to automatic speech of some stats like speed, distance from destination etc. it can be changable in ship panel in settings.
4. I'm not sure that turning off autopilot after reaching destination is good idea be cause most of moving is with autopilot so you must turn it over and over.

Thumbs up

2017-02-21 02:27:48

A sujestion that for me would be good: An auto updater. This way when a new verssion comes out (or a new patch) our game already downloads and
installs it.

Thumbs up

2017-02-21 03:00:47

I'm getting an error saying that it's not a valid win32 application... What the hell?

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

Thumbs up

2017-02-21 03:07:58

For those of you giving suggestions just remember it's on a to do list and the game's not finished by a long shot.

That being said, enjoying the game here.

Now for my suggestion:

Lock the flight computers to the ship owner. This will prevent people from screwing with other people's ships. It's too easy right now to...say....dock with somebody's ship, go to the console and start salvaging and deliberately failing it. Something like a locked flight computer would prevent this and still allow people to hang out on ships.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

Thumbs up

2017-02-21 10:00:04

hey danny we cannot dock on earth  its  got away from dock list but not from auto pilot menu  plese help us

Thumbs up

2017-02-21 12:33:30

You can't dock on earth because of the new landing feature, thus, no docking on planets, that's reserved for space structures like space stations and starships and the like. For now, the landing on both is automated until I can figure out how best to go about that landing minny game I was talking about. All i've got to do is place a landing pad on earth.

Thumbs up

2017-02-21 14:23:16

So I literally JUST ran into this.

I can start the game up...but....no key inputs Work. NOthing at all. I was chatting with you guys. I was hearing the sounds, but no keys were being pressed at all. What's going on?

I'm kinda stuck at the main menu unable to hit any keys at all. I'll grab a fresh install from post #1 andtry again. I've a feeling it's something stupid

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-02-21 17:31:06

Also love the new launhc/landing system

It's actually pretty good and gives the feeling of landing and launching without messing about with course changes.

Also....I really get nervous salvaging with less than 200 hull.

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-02-21 19:13:10

I'm still getting that error. It might be because of my OS. I'm running xp in a vm

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

Thumbs up

2017-02-21 19:53:48

Something to take note of.

The salvage system seems to act rather strangely.

In some cases the controls are inverted, in others I don't need to press anything for a successful salvage and in others no matter what I press the system swings wildly on its own.

Additionally, I have had the system activate but not lock the controls to the beam, so I'm walking around the ship instead of using the beam as well.

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-02-21 20:42:20

When this Linux versjion will be released?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-02-21 22:39:04

can someone tell me how to change course i try to type x and y coordinates but i'm not sure what i need to tipe first x/y coordinates or wordmark and how to type wordmark. Thanks for help best regards, Karlitos

Thumbs up

2017-02-22 00:18:22

You type the three numbers basically

LIke 0 90 0

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-02-22 03:27:04

Greetings all. @nuno, the linux version is still receiving testing, i've been having ishues with my vm so I haven't been able to do a final check to get it compiled and uploaded. So no, i'm not sure when it'll be ready just yet. And turning to other matters, i'm upgrading the door code so that we'll at least not only be able to have code locks, but the elevator will also hopefully function better.

Thumbs up

2017-02-22 03:50:24

I don't understand the salvage system, My ship gets damaged, it seems like I can try to control it but its wildly successful or a complete disaster.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-02-22 07:28:51

Salvaging is a rather tricky thing to master. The idea is to center the bit of debris your salvaging, not right on center unless you can, but center it as close as possible. If its too far off left or too far off right, then the operation won't be successful. Do keep in mined that the bit of debris will move back and forth. My stradegy for this is to go in the oppisit direction its going, that way when it swings around I have the best chance of catching it.

Thumbs up

2017-02-22 08:11:10

is it server down for now?

2017-02-22 08:49:49

Hi danny!
the surver is down now I think.
are you working for an update again?
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

Thumbs up

2017-02-22 08:54:48

Hi.
I think I'll wait to check this out again until there is a lock on your ships. It's really not nice that players can steal your ships, and they do that, just to be annoying.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-02-22 09:19:38

I have an idea.
What is bestWhat You will ssay to enter special password for the ship, which You can enter, if You move to door or computer, which You define in shipiard?
Also please, where to buy cargo?

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

Thumbs up

2017-02-22 09:37:38

Greetings all. So i've put out an update that'll restart the part of the server that handles connecting and logging in, as that's what was crashing, it wasn't the hole server going down. By the way, because this question came up quite frequently, updates to the game are for the most part server side. If their's a new client build i'll post it here with the download link in the same exact post as i've done in past releases.

Thumbs up

2017-02-22 11:36:26

So...this is kind of a big bug.

1. If you're on any level of Sol station, call the elevator

2. Pick landing bay

3. Get out

4. The elevator is no longer there at all.

This is especially useful when there's no ships  there, or other such situations.

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-02-22 15:13:30

ship security system wood  cool just like old  style

Thumbs up

2017-02-22 17:06:50

I'm hoping some of the rumored changes actually happen really
Just hurling them out there ya know

Also on Linux natively