2017-02-17 22:44:20

Post 25, yup, that's  exactly what it is. Thumbs up. oh well. It's SAMs game, and I bet Connor won't be the last to  make a topic that is similar to this.

2017-02-17 22:56:03

that is totally correct. And yes, I actually just looked through all posts so far and its true that the only people who posted in favor of r t u were... of course, r t u. Don't believe me? Go check just the first two lines of every post, and you'll usually know what's going on very soonish. And just a note to everyone, this, all of this is refering purely and only to redspot. Not to tupy, and not to stw. Because stw is actually a very good game for what it can do, the only problem I have with that game is that its unusual for survival game to have dfcs and teleporters but i think such things belong in a different topic altogether.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-02-17 22:59:11

Speedhacj, haven't heard that word in a while. Well, if you ever get speedhack in this last update then let me tell you it is your computer's fault, no other explanation.
You guys are just crying as they said, just cause you had no chance against us, just cause you are powerless, or lazy to think of a plan to defeat us? That's I call childish

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-02-17 23:20:50

1. If you are getting speed hack messages, it is your computer's fault.
2. If you can't take down our team, that's on you. You're just childish.
3. If you find the game unbalanced, that's just because you can't be bothered to set up a team and take down the RTU.
4. The RTU is not unbalanced, because one day, someone took down our base one time.
Examine the patterns of those arguments and rebuttals very carefully, look at the pattern. big_smile

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2017-02-18 00:20:43

Hi.
Zeah, usual talks from an over powered team, if you cant handle the game, well, it's not our fault. I guess that team didnt earn all it's resources legally, with sam on there, hmm, I guess you know what I mean.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-02-18 00:42:29

I think the 2 problems are as follows:
1. Teams. Why were they even added and encouraged in the last update on a server with solo players? this created an imbalance, and now it has gotten much worse.
2. Invincibility. The more items you pick up, the better you get. This isn't a game of skill, it is a game of who has the most boring life of all and will pick up items all day?
You should really think about things before implementing them. This game is very unbalanced when it comes to the connection of skill and time played. And if you add teams into the mix, you've got a total disaster. And no, I don't think rtu cheats, Sam doesn't have a habit of cheating in his own games.

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2017-02-18 00:47:48

its more because of people like sito and hamata, who I see online almost 24 7. They keep saying they have a life, y yet I really don't see much of one in their online patterns. While I actually do balance school, friends, gigs, parties and gaming all together, and get very good at it. But sometimes, one thing needs to take its place on the back burner, and gaming is always the best candidate since all of the others involve doing stuff with other people or further my musical or educational careers. I simply do not have the time to sit around in front of the comptuer and play redspot all day, and this is something I'm truely happy about.

2017-02-18 00:58:44

hello? yes? am I posting in a different thread. Maybe, my posts are, in fact, headed into a different dimention where noone can read them due to the fact that they are all strapped to dentist chairs being tortured with endless renditions of rick astley songs. They can't possibley be showing up here, despite  looking like that's the case. I say for the third and final time... Timed deathmatches! How's about we discuss that, instead of the constant git gud scrub posts?

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2017-02-18 01:55:18

Here are 2 easy things to implement that would solve this problem while still keeping the integrity of the game as it is now.
1: bases are limited to 100000 health.
2. You cannot buy item grabbers at the base computer so you actually have to go out and run items like everyone else who doesn't have one.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2017-02-18 03:45:30

Hello,

I typically dislike posts such as this that only seem to point out unfavorable results or an unfairness towards the original poster. However, this time, I find myself unable to ignore the obvious unfairness that exists between players who seemingly spend a lot of time perfecting their game play and those who just want to log on to play a few good rounds of killing other players. I am in total agreement with connor142's comments regarding the path that this game is taking. Sam, I just have to tell you directly that your games are quite fun to play. STW is a game that one could spend hours playing. And Redspot... Well, when I heard that a game like this was released, I was simply excited to get on and play a few friendly rounds of virtually killing other people. Unfortunately, justifying the RTU or whatever it's called is simply not a good approach to maintaining or growing your player base as a whole. Perhaps you couldn't care less what happens in that regard. However, as another post already indicated, if you continue to reenforce a single-group domination tactic, you will undoubtedly lose players. At first, gradually. And then, before you know it, you and the people in this so-called group will be the only ones on the map. This whole situation has "slippery slope" written all over it! As to the others maintaining a similar opinion to connor142, all I can say is that we, unfortunately, have no say in the matter. At the end of the day, this is Sam Tupy's game. If he chooses to enforce this approach to gameplay, noone has the right to tell him otherwise. Obviously, expressing such an opinion is a reasonable way of letting him know your discomfort with the whole matter. However, I don't see this changing anytime soon. It's just too bad! Again, I really enjoyed playing the game. However, I don't think I'll be opening it anytime soon either. I wish the best to you Sam.

Thanks.

2017-02-18 05:29:46

Why would it be unfair. Imagine yourself as Sito now, you got a bunch of stuff, and someone logged in. Would you kill? Or care. What if they attack Sito? Does he have to be silent? The way is really easy, just run from Sito and problem gets solved. People don't get me started and say.....

2017-02-18 05:42:13

Hey ho! Hey Ho! Back to posting I go! RTU doesn't  have any defense at all.  If we work to set up a debate, with Connor on the one side, and RTU on the  other, Connors side will win.  You say that someone has destroyed your base, I ask where is the proof?  You say that what are  we doing is childish, however it is you who are kids.  You can't set up a team when RTU are on the server. They just won't let it happen.  So far, all RTU said: we don't care.  Let me ask you this question, what happens if  The roles are reversed?  As post 25 said, it's basically a case of power feels good.  Power Feels good, so we won't let it go.  Power feels good, so we'll  blind   Ourselve to the truth.  Power feels good, so he won't fix any balance issues.  Again, power feels good.  RTU, next time you're posting, think of something better then you don't care to set up a team to take us down,  because it's fucking impossible to do.

2017-02-18 06:35:57

I have just spent an hour writing this post. It is about 11 KB of text. I am telling you now, I shed my professionalism completely. I give opinions that may be sort of harsh. I try not to say anything however, unlike you guys, with out the facts. I try not to assume. For me, this is how this drama ends.

I'm pretty sad, honestly, if I can be truthful. People claiming I use give commands and cheat, people thing I'm lying about our base getting destroyed? I guess this world just will never be a fair place to live in, I'm honestly sad to be a part of it sometimes. Very sad.
Here. Let me give you the knowledge needed to defeat us. And you may understand what we mean. I hope someone succeeds, so people can no longer say I'm lying. Steps follow.
1. Get a base set up. Use an invisibility shield while your making it, call it a weird name, put it at a very random looking location, don't post about it, be sneaky. The RTU can never find it if you do that. Use an invisibility shield when ever your near it, be it entering, or exiting. You can't just track a base, there is no way. Next, spend a long long time collecting. Like at least 6 hours. When you get bitcoins, spend it on item grabbers. Then you will grab more bitcoins. Spend them on grabbers. Just get as much shit as possible for a while, making sure your base is strong but unfindable. Once you feel your ready, here is all you have to do. Get as much health as you can to survive as long as possible. Eat all of your food, take all of your antibiotics, all of your poison drinks and stored health and well, every health item you can. Maybe even save a few bitcoins to get like 300 food, wait till it is all cold from the fridge and eat it. You will need a looooooooooooooooot of health. Then, once your ready, find one of the entrences. all you have to do is use a bike. They will make you fly past the claymores before anyone can set enough off to damage you much with your load of health. You can't use a bike when coming threw an entrance, so walk threw, and quick face north and ride the hell away from the entrance before we can kill you which with your health level, should take like 50 claymores or more. So your passed the entrance. Your in the tunneled area. Now, the biggest reason for you needing a lot of health. You need to zoom near our bases location on your bike. Of course, barricade bombs. Well, riding a bike gets you passed some of them. When your at our base you will be forced to set some off, the ones you can't quickly ride passed, but once done, your at the base, good job! Now, you have a couple things you can do. For example, use empty gas cans to steel as much gas from the generator as possible. Then, if you can figure out the lock picking skill, you could lockpick your way into the base, steel all the food and all the shit there which would give you a hole fuck load of stuff, Then use a store quadded sword as much as you can until you blow up the base. There you go, you fucked over the RTU's power. Not our spearet, we will maybe come back, but there you go. Of course there are guards, but if you have some skill, you can gas and kill them, because you should, at that point, be a walking base. The base machine gun could be a problem, but you can just use gas cans and steel the power.
So, there you go. No more excuses of us saying figure it out, I just gave you 1 possible strategy to own our power source. And, there are plenty of others. You may not need to be skilled, but at least dedicated to the task to do it. Ware there's a will, there's a way. And now I must say a couple of things. I must make a couple of complaints. After all, that is all that's been going on in this topic, so I must make a few of my own. I think I am in titled to this, right? Well, here goes. I feel as if all you guys want this to be handed to you. Just like all the games that you say can't get paid (not just from me), from all the cheats you must obtain , All the strategy you feel you don't need to learn, on and on. I feel as if a lot of you expect everything to be given to you that is not in the physical world. I am sad that anyone ever released a free game. I really am. ok, they are no ware neeeeeeeeeeeeear mainstream games, not mine nore any ones, but you still have to purchase them for like 60 dollars be it online or at a store unless you go down the cracking root. Everyone scemes to comply with that. You purchase your food, your drinks, your digital recorders and mixers, your trips to the arcade or the fair, Your movie trips, You have to purchase all that. But then as soon as you enter the audio gaming world, your just expected to work for a year to make a game that's free. It could be the best game ever, but as soon as you give it a price tag, it's just not worth it. It's not up to me what you guys think is worth, but also not up to you to try saying as fact that I use give commands, for example, so I will choose to do something not up to me either. I will give my opinions on how I think stuff should be... worth. And how messed up I think this whole free paid audiogame thing is. Your high end computer, it costs you like 500 dollars. It lets you browse the internet and play games and write documents, but with that money, you could purchase enough food to keep you alive for a damn long time. The food is more worth it, it literally extends your lifetime. But you got that money anyway, so you get your amazing gaming computer, your headphones, your ultra expensive sound proofing, etc. But then when a dev who works alone asks for 10 dollars for years worth of work, much as you may do for selling your music album, my game is suddenly not worth it. It has all these problems that did not sceme to be there before. It had it when they were free, but soon as it's even a dollar, you get so much shit in your face it's not even funny. As players, you want and now expect all the games to be handed to you. Just to tell your computer I want this game, and it gives you that game. I'm not talking about everyone here, but just some of you. People with main stream game experience especially want nothing for a game that's so much simpler. Saddly, the entire blind audio game section has not reached the mainstream point. I doubt it will for a while. Either way, they may have 2000 dollars to spend on what ever they want. Maybe they spend $9.99 on an ultra large bag of trail mix. That bag will run out. That trail mix will be gone. That was all ya got for your $9.99. Maybe you'll spend 20 dollars to get into an arcade, then another 10 for game tokens and stuff. But then you play these game and get 200 tickets, which is enough to get 3 candy bars and a stuffed bear. I think, could have gotten from the store for 3 dollars, as well as a game for 10 that will last a lot longer than those arcade games would have. And I will still purchase that 72 dollar video game. But 10 dollars for a much simpler game, including the price drop, is just not accepted. People say that they don't have the money, but damn, they got a computer, food, all this stuff. You'd think I'm asking people to purchase a popcorn kernel for the price of a computer. Those are all opinions, lets not start a flame war about all that. Either way, as you will have noticed, I just said an whole lot on my view of paid games. I did that for 2 reasons.
1, that hole thing may cause a couple of people to get a little pissed off. But of course no one cared what it would do to me to just try telling the world I use give command for my team when I know I don't. That in it's self asks this question. What would you do if I was not on that team and the players couldn't be using give commands. What would this topic be like if I was not on the RTU.
and, 2. That hole thing leads right back, and gives a perfect example at least for me, of what I'm trying to say. I feel like people want to be given a whole lot around here. Do you also want to just be given the success of destroying the RTU? Or the simpleness of an easy game? Do you want it to just be easy to rise to power if you want? Because that's not how it works. If you want the RTU gone, fight. Don't say I didn't tell you how. The RTU's downfall will not just be given to you like most other things are in this community. You need to do something about it instead of waiting for someone to do something about it for you. I don't stop it as the dev because I know that I could single handedly destroy the RTU if I was against it. Also, some people sceme to think that I actually coded it so that the RTU is the only people who can get to the top of the map. Let me ask a question. This only applies to the people who think this. Are you just as bad as the people who say I've been using the give command? Just because there is a wall in front of you, is the only possibility that I made it impassible? Because if that's true, you need to go back to school and learn that there is this thing called going, around. Some people also think that I'm making rules. Like, game rules. Someone on RS said you need to remove your rule that only your team can get access to the top of the map. Nice to know, I can't play my own game properly. Wonderful. You couldn't say that or treat it as a game rule if I was not on the team. I just play like everyone else and do what any other powerful team can. None of the rules my team impose are actual rules that are ban/punishable rules that are actually real rules, it's the dominating team's rules. Which again, I just told you how to beat. Now, lets continue here. Before this update, people collected for a while and went around fucking people up because they were skilled, and collected up to like 60 K health. Why the hell is this imbalance just being talked about now? I'm kinda confused. But finely, I'm not doing anything about this. If you are not dedicated to the game, You won't get skilled enough to even damage the RTU so don't even try in that case. I may add a nubie training feature some how so that new players can learn to play, but redspot requires a little strategy. Just ly low secretly getting powerful, and then own the fuck out of the RTU. If you do not have a little bit of strategy and patients to own a large enemy, then I'm sorry, this game is not for you. You should delete it now. I make games for the people who can enjoy them. Just as an old timer won't wanna spend time in a new shop with all the new fancy computers and robots, people who expect everything to be easy are not going to be the right type for redspot. Also, the people who see a large number and give up instantly are also not the right type. People who say OK, this looks hard, but I can fucking do this and those assholes are going to pay for all the pain they've inflicted, are the right type. There is no poor balance here in my opinion, just people who are not willing to try when they see hard odds. Again, this game is not for these people. I don't want a small player base, but I also don't want a player base that is composed of people who say oh god, 2,000,000? Fuck that, it's impossible and now the game is unbalanced. So I don't know, it's a really hard choice. But I just shared some strategy with you guys, so go fuck up the RTU now. That is litterily a way to do it solo. Anyway I will now end this long ramble, I expect it will earn me many hate complaints, but I must stand for what I believe in. I want a game of ownage players who actually have it in them to try, not I see something bigger than me, this is pointless. I don't want to make a game that has very little challenge. With that, I say good bye.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2017-02-18 06:55:31

Lol you guys are funny, I don't know what up with blind gamers are taking games as a part of their life. All the problems and complainings I sau, simply was cause of this reason.
Ok, connar or whatever your name's, my life you don't ever have a hand on it. it's my chois if I dicide play red spot the whole month, or get away from it. Yes, I've a life and studies. don't tell me when, of course you don't know cause when you logging you see me on, while other times I'm off for 12 hours. Anyways leave us in the topick! I've a question here, what's the aim of rs? I guess is to kill and not get killed. I won't say RTU's good or bad, but it's a team. Any one can make one like it. for the point of good players, this is the challenge. For god sake tell me! how are you going to destroy a base with a grenade launcher, while I'm hitting your back with the sword. This's what players do, they don't get strong no; they just die and come back. Also if I see claymors in the entrence, why will I keep  going and dying in there. If I were you, I'd think for an other solution. Now people will say ok we're trying, but you kept blowing our base, let me tell you, and I'm going to make things strait about admins as well, some of players are saying admins are moving their selves, don't know from where the smartness came to my computer to do something which doesn't exist totaly. Admins can just ban people, nothing mor and probably something less. k, we were talking of bases, pritty sure noone will believe me in this, but we can not find other bases all times. One kept standing three days til I found it yesterday; thus, If you know how to hide your base, believe me, you have time to power up, because we won't find it that fast.
The bases topick is a good meel to talk about for a month or so. what will be the next? oh this reminds me how some players were complaining about someone having over 100 kills. Unlike mr connar said, I never, or let me just say it we never reached 200 k as you're tranna believe. The max of my health I always go with is 10 k til 20, with 40 shielded shots, or even less. so don't put your brain in a hard exam to think of what we're doing, just ask me, or the dev him self, he'll tell you even how the code of the game works, oh I believe he did already. when you were putting some crap down of how the item_grabbers work. So please make sure from your info, then post it down, else you'll be just a lyer.
didn't meen to be harsh, but if someone is beeing with me, why would I care? leave you guys, going to my unevercity to live my personal life, that mr connar said I don't have.
Greetings.

2017-02-18 07:08:00

Hi.
Or make this server specific, if you get what I mean. On one, you get this whole clan wars and base building shit, and the other one is just plain killing like we had it before.
BTW, is this already the big update, or? How much is this anyway?
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-02-18 07:16:01

First I am going to say this. I'm blaze on the game. I'm an admin, an RTU member, and proud of both things. I will try to voice my opinion without restating what others have said, but as I agree with them, it's almost inevitable. I will start by admitting that although I'm good, I'm not excellent. Most of my teammates are able to kill me when we both have default stats. All of my kills, however, come from being good, not from collecting or cheating. Some of you may recall that a fair number of the times I've logged in, I do it just to take my anger out on a few people. I don't even stop at the base for items. Why waste the team's resources when I'm just going to die anyway. I kill a few people, some guy gets smart with a shotgun, ouch, I'm dead, just like anyone else. I didn't have any shields or items, so because some guy figured I didn't have much health, he whipped out his most damaging weapon, took a shot and nailed me. It's all about skill guys. Let me use this example to prove it. I'm not making this up.
A guy asked me if he could join the RTU the other day. I'm not sure why he asked me. I'm not the leader after all. Anyway, I sent this back to him: "Give me one good reason why you would make a good RTU member." After having a good think, his response was something like, "I have items to protect the base, and I can fight well." "Let's see about that," I sent back. Here's how the fight went.
First fight: 150 tiles away, I fire grenade 1. Miss. grenade 2: ping. Grenade 3: ping. Splat. Dead.
At this point I sent, "You don't have items because you're dead, but I'll give you another chance to prove yourself."
Second fight. 150 tiles: grenade. Ping. Grenade. Ping. 100 tiles. Grenade. Ping, grenade. Ping. 50 tiles. Grenade. Ping. 30 tiles. Rocket coming my way. Move to the left. Rocket dodged. Target centered. 10 tiles. Shotgun drawn. Shot, shot, splat, dead. "You can't fight," was the message he received upon reconnecting.
If that account doesn't prove it, I don't know what to tell you guys. Would an item collecting drone know that firing rockets at 30 tiles and standing there waiting for them to hit is bad? Would a cheater be able to dodge said rocket, slide in and murder so easily? If I was cheating, I would just walk up to you, not worry that I'm being hammered in the face by a million shells and grenades and tase you right dead. Actually, scratch that, I wouldn't even be able to catch you because I wouldn't know how to track properly, and yes kids, there is a proper way to track. And speaking of item collecting drones, a person with no skill who just collected items for hours wouldn't live long enough to deposit anything of use in the base, especially with the dramatically increased player base where you can't be anywhere, except maybe in the underground, without having a player 130 tiles away from you or less.
Now, let's talk for a bit about why everyone's base keeps getting destroyed by us. An example I will use is Mr. Jason Blaze who, despite being a pretty decent player, decided it would be a good idea to announce on public chat that he was about to create a base. Does that sound like a particularly good idea? Nah, didn't think so. This is an FPS we're talking about. There are no laws, strictly speaking, so people can just destroy whoever and whatever they want. So saying you've just created something that could make you powerful is like inviting the entire game to kick your ass. Since he hadn't yet created his base, I just happened to be the only one who took notice of this, so naturally I chased him down and took care of him before he got to create his base. That took the skilled use of a bike, knowledge of the ledges and towers of the map, and very good tracking skills by the way.
Now you might be thinking, "The game tells everyone you've created a base anyway, so couldn't they just kick my ass anyway?" Aah, but you're wrong. If you're scared of being found out, think carefully about the name of your base and its location so people won't find it right away, and you have a chance to get powerful, especially if your team is small. That leads me to my next point.
Where on the bloody fields of redspot did people scavenge up the idea that bases are a solo thing? Everything about them screams "TEAM PLAY!" You can't collect enough bitcoins to buy anything useful without help, which means you'll never be able to fend off the hoards of irritants shooting your treasure with their pesky weapons. And since it's just you, you can't fight 10 people by yourself, which means sadly for you, the work you just spent on your base will be gone in a matter of minutes all because you didn't find a few people to help you. It even says in the readme, which I helped write by the way, in case anyone cares, "Bases are a new feature to encourage TEAM PLAY in RS." I remember about a week ago, when the update was first pushed, there was a team called RTR that dominated the map because of their numbers. I have to admit, I was a little nervous that the RTU was never going to push its way to the top because of this insane team with their big bad base. But would you look at that, while i wasn't even online, a few of my teammates took them down, and we were able to make our dream of the RTU come true, all because of, again, skill and dedication. I'm not scared that the RTU will be taken down, not because I'm an errigant dick (although that's how I may seem when I play because come on, it's fun to talk shit in an fps) but because, well, it's just a fricken game. Go ahead and team up guys. Honestly, we would love a challenge. That's what keeps it interesting. We don't want to dominate forever, and that's why we're trying to explain that, just like anything else, practice makes perfect. You'll get killed 100 times, but maybe the next day, if you worked hard enough, maybe only 99. Then 98. We were noobs who died in stupid ways all the time too, just like everyone else who starts a new thing. I don't know what else to say to prove to you guys that there is no cheating, no imbalance, and no unfairness. This game went through months of testing to ensure all of this, and to say that we're all wrong is a huge slap in the face to the developer and the entire beta team. I am going to end this post by sharing, publicly and openly, a few tips to help you all play the game better. This is just one last way I can think of to prove to you guys that practice is the only way to get better, just like anything else worth doing.

long range weapons should be for long range

As mentioned in the above example, it is a terrible idea to fire rockets when you can hear the player at all. If the player has any skill, they will just dodge out of the way, and it'll just give them more time to close in on you and less time for you to run away if that was your plan. Grenades are a little harder to dodge, but its still just a time killer, and you'll just end up wasting ammo. Save your rockets/grenades for that guy standing straight behind you 150 tiles away using a grabber.

press the w key like your life depends on it, cuz it does

This is a tip Sam gave me, and one that has helped me insane amounts. When you are more than 40 tiles away from your prey, press the w key every second and a half or so, just long enough to hear the angle your facing to the guy, both to make sure you stay on track and so you can line up grenades or whatever. As soon as you hear that beep, start hammering that key very quickly in such a way that it overlaps itself and creates a constant sound for you to aim and shoot at. This should drastically improve your aim, and your ammo reserves will thank you for it.

have that fricken cyanide mask ready!

We all know and dread the sound. *cough*. We fear it as the end for us every single time. There's nothing to fear, however, when you have that mask ready in one hand to slip on at a moment's notice. There's a feature I, in my haste, forgot to write in the readme, called favorite items. Press control+alt+an arrow key to set the selected item to that arrow. Then all you have to do to use that item is press alt and the arrow, and boom. That could save your ass a million times. Oh, and when you hear the cyanide pistol come out, and you have no air to survive a fight like that, run, the hell, away!
That's all the tips I can think of for now, but who knows, I may play some more and come up with others. but please, please consider everything both Sam and I have said. We're all just people here. I truly believe none of the beta team, or the RTU (because they are different things guys) really give a flying fuck if our base survives. It's all just a game to us in the end, like it should be. What Sam does care about however is his players, you guys. Do you honestly believe that Sam cares so much about dominating a game that he'll use the fact that he made it to his advantage and make everyone else miserable? I highly, highly doubt that, especially since he's smart enough to realize that no one would play ever again if he did that. Even a self-centered dick wouldn't do that for fear of losing all his little player toys. I really do believe, however, that Sam writes his games because he enjoys them sure, but he also enjoys seeing people logging on and enjoying them. It's a fantastic feeling to have, your life's work being enjoyed by a community.
I'm going off on a tangent here, but it really comes down to this. i doubt Sam is going to make any changes to the game. I believe it is balanced enough as it is, and if we lose players because of it, I'll be sad, but I guess if you don't want to put in a little time to get good, that's ok with me. I will close with this. Please, please stop hammering on this guy just because you're not good at a game.

2017-02-18 10:02:05 (edited by JasonBlaze 2017-02-18 10:15:44)

oh yeah blaze vs blaze, we should do that hot chase again, rofl pritty cool!.
still remember when you said "if you want get a base protection, then build your base on the tunnel and pay us 3 bitcoins per hour?"
well on the chat, I said I gonna build the base on your ur, lovely tunnel location, so I could got a protection, I  tryed to  gave you the 3 bitcoins  to getting started, you already chase me down and shoot my face anyways, so yeah. big_smile
yes im sooooooo freaking idiot/stupid/what ever on pvp stuff, I come in to the game just for fun , and usually I don't really use my head that mutch for it, rofl

2017-02-18 10:53:02

alright, got a few posts to address here. First, tupy:
I'm pretty sad, honestly, if I can be truthful. People claiming I use give commands and cheat, people thing I'm lying about our base getting destroyed? I guess this world just will never be a fair place to live in, I'm honestly sad to be a part of it sometimes. Very sad.
Let me just get one thing straight right here. I, who is the one who originally created this topic, never ever stated that you used any sort of give command. Those are all other people and with how powerful your base is atm, you can't blame them for being paranoid.
Here. Let me give you the knowledge needed to defeat us. And you may understand what we mean. I hope someone succeeds, so people can no longer say I'm lying. Steps follow.
There's just one problem here with those steps you mention. The r t u has methotically inducted all good players into their ranks, and no, they did not! have to pass a convoluted set of joining criteria unlike every other average joe and john doe who asked you. So those are the only people really who are left, and lemme just say that when it comes to team fights, they are the ones who just don't know what their doing. I'm sorry to any readers, but that's my honest opinion.
I feel as if all you guys want this to be handed to you. Just like all the games that you say can't get paid (not just from me), from all the cheats you must obtain , All the strategy you feel you don't need to learn, on and on. I feel as if a lot of you expect everything to be given to you that is not in the physical world. I am sad that anyone ever released a free game.
This has never been about free/payed. Let me tell you one thing. Before all this, I really liked this update. I would have gladly payed $15- or $25 for it. I can't really help it if a large amount of your playerbase is located in cuntries that don't have support for paypal payments. And those people are the ones I see complaining the most if a game goes payed, or is payed originally. One thing you need to know is that you will always get shit from others if you make a previously free game comercial. Do you really think ultrapower, btb, and swamp were any different? There were complaints. There was backlash. But ultimately people bought it, and they were happy with it.
and btw, who even goes to the arcade these days?
Do you also want to just be given the success of destroying the RTU? Or the simpleness of an easy game? Do you want it to just be easy to rise to power
This is an fps, and it used to be a casual one. Go check with call of duty, team fortress, whatever you want. All of their multiplayer modes either do the following:
1: Rotate maps based on a set amount of time by the server, resetting all player's kills, items and whatnot.
2: Regularly just reset everyone and the entire map, basically the same as above but without new maps to play on.
3: If they do have buildings or constructs to build, their health is either limited, or you can't reinforce them at all and live with what the server gives you.
And do not compare this with games like grand theft auto online, because firstly that is not an fps and secondly the entire way that game is layed out is for character advancement and co-op play in missions. And if rising to power is the true goal of rs instead of just having some fun causing virtual chaos and destruction, there needs to be a framework in place to allow new players to also gain something. Most games that are based on advancement and are also multiplayer don't encourage ultra powerful players to go murder the poor newb who just decided to try out this game on a rainy sonday afternoon just because they can. Consider this carefully, and consider what direction you want your game to take, then add systems that actually go along with this.
None of the rules my team impose are actual rules that are ban/punishable rules that are actually real rules, it's the dominating team's rules.
So basically what you're saying is you're giving the dominant team, which is currently yours, even more power by openly allowing it to make its own rules. And if their not followed, either they will get hunted down forever and a half until they eventually ragequit the game permanently, or an admin will find some excuse to ban the player. Since you apparently do not even bother talking out bans with players as I've seen a number of times, there is nothing the player will do about it and it will b asoomed by everyone that they did something wrong even though all they did was refuse to give Sito those 91142069422113 bitcoins he wanted because he wanted to buy more wood to add even more health to your already rediculously powerful base.
If you are not dedicated to the game, You won't get skilled enough to even damage the RTU so don't even try in that case.
a little hard to stay dedicated, and become skilled, when the r t u is the first who comes after players with names they haven't heard before, or if that player asks noobish questions which is by the way not! a bad thing at all, its just that everyone sees an easy kill as soon as that starts happening. Thus, no questions about how item x works can be asked, and thusthus, those people will need trial and error to figure things out. Or they understand what I've written in my guide enough to figure it out from there. This probably has discouraged many new players from trying the game. I've read a lot of posts that state how people who ask questions are treated. Again returning to the mainstream world for different examples. Most fps games with a multiplayer mode also have some sort of either a campagne where all the items are available to be tested, or some sort of training room to use items on things before they actually go play the multiplayer mode.
Ok, now alec.:
First I am going to say this. I'm blaze on the game. I'm an admin, an RTU member, and proud of both things.
Most probably the reason you are in the ar t u and proud of it is because you are for one a beta member, and are good enough friends with sam to get a garanteed pass into the team without even having to proove yourself. And please don't give me any bullshit about "but but but... I did on so many occasions before r t u..." those really don't count. They didn't count for any of the other players who wanted to join it didn't they?
.A guy asked me if he could join the RTU the other day. I'm not sure why he asked me. I'm not the leader after all. Anyway, I sent this back to him: "Give me one good reason why you would make a good RTU member." After having a good think, his response was something like, "I have items to protect the base, and I can fight well." "Let's see about that," I sent back. Here's how the fight went.
Ok, at this point, little secret for you guys. I was also among the people who asked for r t u membership, before I realised just how fucked up this entire situation was. And what I got back from them was a very, very different response. It said something to the effect of get at least 15 kills, be trustworthy (whatever the fuck that means), and destroy our base by using a smart strategy. AS I said, completely different joining criteria from what this guy had to do. If you're going to only accept new members on trial, at least get a solid list of requirements that these people need to fulfill and give them that every time. Btw, the person who I asked back then was Sito. Oh and here's something really amazing for everyone. So when I realised how imbalanced the game was, naturally brought it up with sam. And as expected, all the r t u members start railing on me "man you're a pussy you can't stratagize holy shit noob noob noooooooooooooooob". Sito was not a member back then, we were actually in a team then and I made some efforts to destroy the r t u base. However, he did not help, he took their side, repeting what everyone else was saying at this point. So I log off, and when I come back on a few hours later, bam! r t u sito in the house. Here's something even better! When all that was going on, Tupy actually said in the chat "Exactly sito. You may be offered an r t u position soon." Get this! get this everyone, he did not! have to get a certain number of kills, he did not! have to give a reason why he'd be a good member, he did not! have to fight any of the r t u members, and he most certainly did not! have to destroy their base. So think about that for a second, tupy, and the r t u as a whole, and then come back to me and talk about fairness. In fact, i've seen instant inductions happen on a regular basis with people such as comoto, and at least two others whose names I forget at the moment. And the r t u completely changed their playing style, the messages they sent on chat, and their attack patterns. But all that's to be expected, its the result of having power. Everyone enjoys it, and I don't say that I wouldn't. I probably would have acted the exact same way if I had still been included in beta stuff, and would have been in the r t u now. I would have acted jerkish on chat, killed anyone who said something I didn't like, and all that jaz.
Where on the bloody fields of redspot did people scavenge up the idea that bases are a solo thing?
ok wait wait wait, what? If you're talking about me, I actually support the fact that bases are ment to be run by a team, which can be confirmed if you look at my redspot guide, section 7, about team! bases.
We were noobs who died in stupid ways all the time too, just like everyone else who starts a new thing.
Oh but that is not at all correct. All of the original r t u members were beta members. What this means is complete and total access to a seperat beta server with either only a few players on, all of which knew each other very well, or being alone entirely making it easy to get used to new items as soon as they were added. On the update, when everyone else basically went back to square 1 because of the game changing new features, you were basically already on the home plate. rtr just had the fortune to get the memo quicker than the others, which you didn't antissapate, which allowed them to briefly rise to power.

2017-02-18 12:28:16

See, conner, there you go assuming things. So basically what you're saying is you're giving the dominant team, which is currently yours, even more power by openly allowing it to make its own rules. And if their not followed, either they will get hunted down forever and a half until they eventually ragequit the game permanently, or an admin will find some excuse to ban the player. Really? I litterily just said they weren't real rules. It was a rule the team tried enforcing on, there, own. No helping admins, nothing. And we can't hunt many people down for ever once a rule was broken, we, after all, don't have 2000 members to keep one dedicated after a person. Also, why the hell does it matter who and how people get to join a team. I don't think sito knew the situation between the beta team and you. You know why your not being added to the RTU. And I'm also not just talking to you BTW, this is a public forum and I addressed my post to everyone, not just you saying I used give commands, etc. And we did not get all the players that are good in our ranks. Just sayin. The steps, that I mensioned, only take moderate fighting skill just to stay alive. For people we know to be more trustworthy than you *The whole situation, and that do good at the game, of course we instantly add. For people we don't know, we do the 15 kills thing. I think sito over did it with you have to destroy our base to be added, but lol. COnner, your an OK player, and your not on the RTU. So there ya go, statement completely proven false. And the paid thing? You know why I put that there earlier. And I also stated for all games, not just mine. I could very possibly made 2 servers. DK, maybe 1 with the old update and 1 with this one on it for those of you who don't wanna join a team. You also assume that we just kill new players all day. Dude, we got more to do than that, such as oh, I don't know, improving our base? I, try to answer new players questions sometimes. Eventually I will add a complete item guide. Most probably the reason you are in the ar t u and proud of it is because you are for one a beta member, and are good enough friends with sam to get a garanteed pass into the team without even having to proove yourself. Back to the situation, I think you were with in that circle. Your pissed at him being my friend now. Brandon Tyson is also my friend. One of my best friends. But he can't play redspot that well. Did I add him to the team? Did I set him as admin? So sorry to be harsh, but dude, go shove this hole friend circle thing up your ass. Those excuses will never accomplish anything. I was not even aware of that sito thing when he said destroy our base and be trust worthy and stuff, dude, no one on the RTU and the beta team really trusts you. We don't need to get into why, i've tried to explain that to you. RTU sito in the house? Yeah, I know him and trust him more than you. And if someone helps our team, of course I may offer them a position. Conner, what would happen if I wasn't the dev. Would you  make forum topics about how some random team on redspot was not treating you fairly? People, including you, need to quit mixing me as a dev and my team together. There is nothing in common, they have absolutely nothing to do with each other accept for the fact that we did know the items earlier than everyone else. And when you brought that up with me conner, I never said nube nube nuuuuuuuuuube. I have no damn idea what the hell your talking about. I will be completely fine with admitting to logs though if you have them. But then again, if it's my team, it's got nothing to do with my dev status. I want to play my own damn game. And conner, you had access to that very same beta server. Get your ass on and kill the RTU if your so sick of it.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2017-02-18 13:03:40

the thing here tupy is however that sito did not do anything to help. He killed me, because he knew you'd respect him for it. He didn't help me, because he knew he would get the same hate I did. He knew what would keep him out of trubble, and he knew that he'd only benifit from being friends with the powerful. Its humanity, you can't change it. In real life, if a dictatorship overthrows a democratic government, sure there will be rebellions, riots, you name it. However those will be enacted by the few, and the masses, guess what they do? They run along, do whatever they can to stay off the ruler's radar, and do all that is in their power to maybe even gain his interest because that is the only way they will be able to survive. This is how this game works now. Sorry to shove it in your face like that, but its the general trooth. While its not on a massive skale like a fucked up government of some real world cuntry, it still happens.

2017-02-18 13:13:49

And then you know what happens in the end? It's the few that finily fuck up the big dictator. I know sito can fight a bit, would have been glad to take him even if he didn't kill you, if, he was not on your team.

2017-02-18 13:16:01

Speaking of sito, his account got marked as spam somehow on the forum, so posting this from him. Even ask on skype if you think i'm making these words up.
From sito, connor, what you're saying now isn't the whole truth. you probably forgot to mention everything i said as it was with the tunnels. so to make things clear, when you asked how to be a member in RTU i told ya 2 ways, one, go and get 15 kills and show us that you're trustible, that's one way that you could be considered beeing added to the RTU team, the other way were, that if you tried to destroy our base, and you really maid up a good strategy for it as kipper the dog with the slipper did, doesn't matter if it gets destroyed or not as long as the strategy is good you could also consider beeing added to RTU. so , i didn't force you to both gain 15 kills and try to destroy your base, i've gave you alternative ways to proov yourself as a good and trustible fighter.  next time you post something about me, please don't just say what fits you and tell the whole storry instead, sent on Saturday, February 18, 2017 5:14:37 AM

2017-02-18 13:30:56

There there there, dude Connor, I'd really ask you to stop. You are getting on nerves and arguing after all what Sam has stated in post 38. So what do you actually want. Dude don't you like the game just delete it, you haven't even why to post it. It is just as easy as that.

2017-02-18 14:21:10

Hi,
The only question I have now, is what's the best way to learn our way around the map? Are there beacon style things or is it just walk around? I checekd the readme and it tells you about tracking players but not the map.

2017-02-18 14:58:43

I have a similar question, as I'm planning on trying this out today, and make up my own opinion as to whether I will enjoy  it or not .