2019-01-02 02:00:48

@Chris, run this command:
mono TDVServer.exe
You do not need/want wine to run it, just mono.

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.
Try my free JGT addon, the easy way to play Japanese games in English.
Or try the free games I've created.

2019-01-02 05:42:30 (edited by Chris 2019-01-02 07:29:20)

Thanks for the command. The server application starts, but I can't connect to it. When I check using a port checker, I'm told that ports 44444 and 44445 on my server's IP address are closed even though I allowed traffic on both of them from the firewall. Do I need to open all the ports the server uses in the firewall?

edit

I get an error when I attempt to connect. I'm not sure what's going on here. As far as I know, I'm doing everything right. Is it a problem with Mono? Here's the log.

Error log, created with build version 2.24.0.0:
Error base exception: System.InvalidOperationException: BeginConnect cannot be called while another asynchronous operation is in progress on the same Socket.
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoMultipleAddressConnectCallback(Object result, MultipleAddressConnectAsyncResult context)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoDnsCallback(IAsyncResult result, MultipleAddressConnectAsyncResult context)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalBeginConnectHostName(String host, Int32 port, AsyncCallback requestCallback, Object state)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginConnect(String host, Int32 port, AsyncCallback requestCallback, Object state)
   at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.BeginConnect(String host, Int32 port, AsyncCallback requestCallback, Object state)
   at TDV.Client.connect(String host, String callSign, Int32 port) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Client.cs:line 216
   at TDV.Common.startGame() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Common.cs:line 648
   at TDV.GUI.startGame() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\GUI.cs:line 358
Error Description: BeginConnect cannot be called while another asynchronous operation is in progress on the same Socket.
Stack trace:    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoMultipleAddressConnectCallback(Object result, MultipleAddressConnectAsyncResult context)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoDnsCallback(IAsyncResult result, MultipleAddressConnectAsyncResult context)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalBeginConnectHostName(String host, Int32 port, AsyncCallback requestCallback, Object state)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginConnect(String host, Int32 port, AsyncCallback requestCallback, Object state)
   at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.BeginConnect(String host, Int32 port, AsyncCallback requestCallback, Object state)
   at TDV.Client.connect(String host, String callSign, Int32 port) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Client.cs:line 216
   at TDV.Common.startGame() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Common.cs:line 648
   at TDV.GUI.startGame() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\GUI.cs:line 358

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-01-02 12:12:24

My first guess would be that you're running the server and client on the same system and this is causing problems, but to test the damn thing I've run both TDV and the server multiple times on the same system with no issue. Do you probably have two instances of TDV running unintentionally?

2019-01-02 21:35:51 (edited by Chris 2019-01-03 22:13:44)

That's not the issue. I'm running TDV on a Windows 7 and 10 computer and the server on my Linode VPS which runs Debian 9. I discovered that typing my domain name doesn't result in a crash, but the program can't connect. Do I need to open all the ports the game checks? Currently I have 44444 and 44445 allowed through the firewall.

edit

I've opened ports 44444, 44445, 4567, 6969, 60385, and 32000, and it still doesn't work. I've rebooted the server and it doesn't help. What's blocking the connection? Everything else I've allowed through the firewall works fine when I conect to it.

edit

Disabling my firewall allows incoming connections to the TDV server. Of course, that's a really bad idea to leave my server open to any kind of traffic. Is it something to do with the firewall I'm using? I'm using UFW. I've tried adding rules for all the ports the game listens on as well as adding outgoing traffic with the "sudo ufw allow out <port number>" command. Any ideas?

2019-01-23 00:27:25

Is there a rogue mode in this game? I found an option in the learn sounds menu called rogue warning. What is this?