2017-05-29 08:02:59 (edited by assault_freak 2017-05-29 08:03:43)

Definitely some better music when compared to the original... much more life in it and less of a sleepy soundtrack. For orchestra fighting game scores though, Sooul Calibur 5 still has the best one and remains the only one I bought the official soundtrack for.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-05-29 09:56:20

not played soulcalibur V but, soulcalibur 3 had a blasting music. at least for me, man! what a good soundtrack.
of topic here but, @assault_freak, do you plan on doing an audio demo once tekken 7 is released?. i wasn't much into tekken, but tekken 7 looks very interesting.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2017-05-29 14:57:08

Someone correct if I'm wrong, but is I2 audio really back to MK9? I was watching a stream, and it definitely sounded like it was hard left, right, and there wasn't really the same amount of character tracking as there was in MKX.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2017-05-29 16:08:58

I think the audio panning is broken for some reason. Because sometimes it's excellent, but other times the voice just won't move and I'll have to jump to the other side, attack the opponent, then switch to the other side for it to actually fix itself.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-05-29 16:16:33

Not sure about a t7 demo, but I may do it. I will say though, if you've never really been into Tekken, then 7 won't change your mind... unless you get it for the story mode which is expanded a little, but from what I've seen, the plot isn't anything new or impressive, so I'm not sure if there's anything that'll be worth getting for someone who's never really been into it. But if you're willing to give it a chance, it's definitely a good point to start.
I don't know about it being broken, but it's definitely weird... and is still subpar compared to MK X.

2017-05-29 16:37:29

Well, you've got to remember, the game hasn't been out even 2 weeks yet. Maybe MKX was like this in the beginning. And I did just get a small update a few days ago that fixed one thing kind of, but maybe they're still fixing things. Because part of Darkseid's super move isn't playing any noise, same for Green Lantern's. It's only in the start up in both occasions, and I've seen it in streams too so I know it's no singular situation. But it kinda half got fixed in this last update, so maybe they're still working out the sound kinks.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-05-29 17:45:56

Okay, so to those who have been talking about the stereo, I have something to share that will help you.

So, we've all noticed how the sound doesn't seem to be panning correctly. I'll do my best to describe why it's panning the way it is. Basically, the sound will always be to the right or left, unless you're right in front of the person your fighting. Even if you're all the way in the corner doing combos, you'll still be centered, because you're right in front of the person you're fighting. I'm guessing NRS did this to make the sounds have a more surround sound feel to them, but who knows. I hope I explained this correctly. I would do an audio demonstration, but I don't have a capture card to capture the audio.

2017-05-29 17:50:37

Also, does anyone know how to go into tournament mode when playing online?

2017-05-29 17:59:53

If they have to fix sound kinks... they should not be releasing the game like that. But NRS is notorious for releasing patches to fix broken stuff after release... and it's one of the reasons the games don't last very long competetively. I will say though, MK X didn't have any audio bugs when it first came out.

Ross, thanks for that explanation.. I don't think it gives any more of a surround sound feel, however. Two channels wouldn't be surround... and on that note, Injustice 2 has a pretty crummy 5.1 surround sound mix this time around. MK X and the first in Justice were both fantastic in that regard.

2017-05-29 18:43:30

@335

Yeah, agreed. Even though it is pretty crummy, I would rather not complain and just be happy that the game is still playable.

2017-05-29 19:14:05

PSA

To turn on tournament mode online. After you pick your character, press x and then lb for xbox1, and square and then l1 for ps4. Square is the left button on ps4 right?

2017-05-29 19:15:48

Fair enough... though personally, because it's a fighting game, which are always playable... I can focus on smaller details. And with the gear system the way it is, I still say we're missing out on a huge part of the game.. so playable yes, but to the full extent of other fighters where we can enjoy about 90% of the game? Not with this game unfortunately, though I'm liking it. Gameplay is priority for me, but sound design is a close second... and this one has missed a lot of marks in that department, imo.

2017-05-29 19:47:52

@338

I remember you saying like playing Techin. Isn't the gameplay in mono?

2017-05-29 20:02:12

Mono or stereo doesn't bother me... if a game is going to pan though, it should do it properly. I grew up in the 90s when there was no such thing as stereo audio in home console games. Like I said, sound is a second to gameplay... and even though Tekken has everything in mono, I've loved the sound design of almost all the games.

2017-05-29 21:40:10

I suppose it depends on how serious you are about fighting games and where your priorities are. IMO, a fighting game can't even be played if the sound doesn't pan in some way.

2017-05-29 22:08:57 (edited by Sightless Kombat 2017-05-29 22:38:38)

@341
I'd replace the word "playable" with the phrase "easily enjoyed".

Tekken's gameplay has and will be in mono for this installment, though I was also given to believe that it would work better with a surround system, which is very unlikely if at all true.

I really do believe that Tekken is hard to get into precisely because it's in mono and you can't fight properly against an AI or opponents that can see your moves and where you are in the arena etc.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-05-29 22:31:15

What?

2017-05-29 22:39:29

@343 I hope the post's updated properly with an edit I made.  Wasn't the original text, but hope it still works.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-05-30 05:18:03

I will be at Gamer Grace this September running a panel on accessibility. I don't know if NRS will be there, but am hoping to network with some devs to elaborate on access. Originally when I bought this game I regretted it, but a little OCR has gone a long way. It's a freakin blast, and I've done a little character customizing, though you're not always sure which piece you're putting on and if it's worse or better than the piece you took off. I have 0.00 interest in Tekken 7, so I hope you all have fun with it. It'll be the first Tekken game I end up not purchasing.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2017-05-30 10:07:04

I mentally track my character movements, throws, and anything else that would change which side you're on regardless of whether the game pans or not. My stance is clear on this so I won't argue the point to antagonize anyone... just expressing my thoughts. I played games growing up with mono audio, and beat all of them. From Tekken 3 to 6, all the early sf games on snes, Dragon Ball Z games also on snes, etc. None of which had stereo panning... and I played them through tvs, no less. If you can keep track of your character position mentally, panning is just a nice way to be sure of that... but you should be aware of what every movement your character makes will result in.

Tekken 7 won't work better with a surround system... at least, I doubt it. We'll see in a few days, though. Again, not trying to antagonize... if panning determines your enjoyment of a fighting game, then that's fine. I'm willing to explain how I do it, for those people who are open to the idea... by that logic one would miss out on half the fighting games on the market.

2017-05-30 13:15:53

It's a very good game. It's got a story mode with a whole lot of replay value too.

2017-05-30 16:59:53

If you can, rent it first to try it. I definitely prefer this ove rthe first injustice, but I would agree that "okay" is probably the word I would use to describe it. Definitely not bad, but nothing I would write home about.

2017-06-05 07:27:48

If someone want to addme to play online, my ID on PS is ulisesgamer99
I bought the game resently, but I got some problem in PS Store regarding my devit card, I'm posting this because I'm the only one who couln't buy the game digitally? In the end I bought in game planet the Ultimate Edition physical copy.
In other hand, I played all the story mode, I liked the story and that, but, I don't know why but I like more the spanish voices, although I speak bot english and spanish.
If someone wants to play there is my ID

I am a gamer from the begining of my life, and that will not change :p

2017-06-07 02:01:17

Hey everyone.

Tyler Lansdown made on a post on the injustice subreddit on Reddit asking for questions they will answer for the watchtower stream tomorrow. I figured you guys may want to throw in a question about adding TTS into the Xbox version. Who knows, maybe enough of us will get their attention.

https://www.reddit.com/r/INJUSTICE/comm … atchtower/

2017-06-11 18:47:20

I am having so much fun with this. smile
does anyone know where to go to change story mode difficulty ?