2017-01-24 17:03:01

And, apparently, using the breaks in stead of the end key seems to have worked, or that was just a coincidence. big_smile

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2017-01-24 17:36:47

That's a new one....wher e were you flying? I've had it change my frequency when I'm out in the middle of the ocean with no land in range anywhere at all....like....going from NZ  to Antarctica.

Also, lol at the fact a 747 is the preferred aircraft to go McMurdo Station. Then again....there was a DC-10 that colldied with Mount Erubus  flying out of NZ for a sightseeing flight....so there's that.

Either way....I would love to see seaplanes and rivers implemented.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2017-01-25 11:27:22

Double post since I really want to get this down.

I'm trying to get the specs for an airport I want added.

I go to skyvector and pull up the airport page, I get the coordinates, Then when I try to convert them....bam, floating point error.

Or, if I just put the coordinates in straight from Skyvector it does the same thing.

So, anyone want to tell me what I'm doing wrong? I know where said airports are listed in real life and the sizes of them as far as the sim goes, but for some reason, I can't seem to get the data needed to give over to the devs to put into the sim, which is a shame as the area in question has a boatload of airports I'd like to see in the simulator.

Also on Linux natively

2017-01-25 20:20:42

@Post 125,
As soon as you enter in a new country's airspace, you have to identify yourself. You should here a message like this: "identify yourself". To do this, use F2 key.

2017-01-25 20:29:02

I have a suggestion to the developers of this game regarding ending flight or a task. A warning/conformation should be showed after pressing F4 key as sometimes we accidentally press the F4 key and loos our current flight.

2017-01-25 22:01:18

@130: Yep agreed and also an option to restart a task if you crash too would be nice.

Okay, here's an odd one...

I got Eurofly on my desktop, where I do most of my flying, and laptop...given it's not very comfortable on a laptop.

Why are rebindable keys no a thing....? It's a hassle having to crab my hands to reach over to the corner of m laptop to hit home/end/pgup/pgdn.

Anyhow....I can fire up the sim on both systems, desktop and laptop, pick the same plane, set it ready to go for takeoff, get cleared to the same runway....this is where things start getting strange.

I can stop at the exact same point, turn, wait till I'm done turning toward the runway, and start my takeoff roll.

ON my desktop, no issue, get into the air and get flying.

On my laptop, more often than not, boom, off runway.

I'm turning at the exact same point...cleared to the exact same runway in the exact same airport in the exact same plane with, yes, the exact same weather conditions, with the plane set up the exact same so how come I'm getting a different result from the same action on both systems? THis is puzzling me honestly and I can't figure out what's causing it.

The only thing I can think of is somehow the faster CPU in my laptop is somehow making things get out of sync but that shouldn't be happening....the last game I ran into that issue with was 18 years ago and it was fixed for modern OSes....so what's going on?

Also on Linux natively

2017-01-26 16:55:23

Hello again

I finally manage to battle my way through the first set of tasks, and finished the first task of group 1. Weirdly enough, even though i supposedly am trusted enough to fly larger plains, the new plain from my last task doesn't show up in free flying. Do i have to complete all tasks in a module to get those crafts added?

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2017-01-26 17:22:04

Try 2 or 3 tasks and the planes SHOULD hopefully appear in free flight.

That being said....sometimes for some reason it doesn't show up after 2 or 3 tasks are done, in which case yeah keep trying.

Also on Linux natively

2017-02-01 11:49:23

Well, several tasks later i have the plains from category 2 in free flight witch is awsom. But now, i'm stuck. I'm at task 2-7, but can't figure out how to avoid stupid austria. Once out of fuil, and once flew like being drunk rofl ... big_smile

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2017-02-01 14:12:33 (edited by grryfindore 2017-02-01 14:13:36)

Ahoy there,

@criticview. Been a while since I was on task 27, so I couldn't really give you exact directions, but one way to avoid any restricted country would be to press p and control p once you are heading towards your destination. turn a few degrees say 5 or 10 left or right instead of heading straight towards your destination and see if p and ctrl p announces the restricted country. if it does, turn a bit more.
You could also try manual walking the map to map out a rout for yourself,to see what's where and what not.

hth
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-02-01 15:17:15

Well, i didn't know about the p and ctrl p keys, so that's a huge step in the right direction.
<spoiler>
As for the sollution, i used the countries list, first to set germany as destination, and then slovakia. After that, it was rather easy, except those annoying air controlers requireing you to switch hights as often as new under wear... big_smile
<spoiler ends>

Also on Linux natively

2017-02-01 15:20:43

this is really stupid.... how the hell is this even possible that i write poasts as someone else, and if that's not enough, i have access to the other person's profile... messed up, to say the least.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2017-02-01 15:23:48

DracoSelene89 wrote:

Well, i didn't know about the p and ctrl p keys, so that's a huge step in the right direction.
<spoiler>
As for the sollution, i used the countries list, first to set germany as destination, and then slovakia. After that, it was rather easy, except those annoying air controlers requireing you to switch hights as often as new under wear... big_smile
<spoiler ends>

That was me... but seriously, this needs checking into... i'm suspecting that after a refresh, writing a poast could mess up things when someone else is either writing or has just submitted a poast. what ever the case, i hope there are some logs to clear this up, and hopefully fix it.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2017-02-01 15:27:39

DracoSelene89 wrote:

<spoiler>
<spoiler ends>

That's not me posting that. Just FYI. Hey admins can you please look into why my posts are getting posted as other people? I know what I posted but it's sort of weird seeing my name on other people's posts not to mention it's a big security risk.

Draco

P.S. Just want to point out that that was me with calling out Eurofly in the other topic by the way.

Also on Linux natively

2017-02-01 17:12:55

hey draco or criticview or whoever ... that was lol big_smile

you guys should check out my tutorial on how to avoid a country, it contains Three available methods ... or major  Points.
It can be found in the developers help center which I don't know where to find XD

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-02-01 17:38:52 (edited by grryfindore 2017-02-01 17:39:47)

The first post in this topic has the link to the english version of the website and all things eurofly, along with the help center.

And ahh,yes. that's an issue, the admins have been notified, check the feedback room. I stumbled upon something similar,loging out and loging in fixes that issue,although if someone else is posting under your name you can't do shit, accept hope that that person logs out and logs in again. lol
still,go and write out about this in that topic,perhaps sandaman will see it there.

edit: post 2017, in 2017 tongue
grryf

Follow me on twitter

2017-02-05 20:24:23

Hi,
I've only just managed to register here. I just want to give my thoughts on this game, the great things about it and the ways in which I think it could be improved.
Firstly, I love this game. I'm really interested in aviation and so when I found this game in January just ready to use I was so excited. I'm now on task 35 and havn't looked back since, I've basicly played it every day.
I've always wanted a flight simulator and of course I knew about Microsoft flight sim, but i'd heard it could be difficult to set up whilst also costing quite a bit depending on what addons you got for it.
This game is great in that it is free and has a lot to offer, plus a lot of potential.
In terms of what I think is good:
1. The takeoff works well, as in you can experience the lift off and the acceleration of the aircraft.
2. I have been able to experience the sounds and 'personalities' of different aircrafts I have never flown in myself before.
3. I can explore the world and find different places. It's especially interesting around my home city.
I like being able to manually control the aircraft, checking altitude and speed and making sure everything is correct.
Things I would like to see added or changed:
1. The realism of the game needs quite a bit of work. In a real plane, you wouldn't just fuel up, extend flaps on one setting, turn on engines, set nose angle and take off. There would be a load more things to do, if not all then at least some of which could be implemented over time.
This Is the same in flight. If you have automatic functions in the game, especially auto pilot, then there is little to do. Real pilots would have many checklists to do, not to mention ATC randomly telling you to go up and down. Maybe we could press a key to bring up the checklist for the time, which we would then carry out. I just think there could be more to do in the game to make it more immersive.
Some sounds could be better too, like some aircrafts sounds not being completely realistic. There should also be some more warnings, like stall warning. It would also be nice to have real warnings like 'pull up' instead of 'rise'. Sounds like the landing sound are also not very realistic.
The weather could also be improved, with realtime weather. For example, airports do not close or not allow you to land just because of light rain and the weather can be very unpredictable.
These are not in any way criticisms of the game, just what I think could be improved. I know the game is free and the developers do it on their own time so these aren't going to happen overnight. I just think the game has a lot of potential and could be built upon to make something special, at least in my view. It could be a completely accessible, relatively realistic flight simulator, that could just be downloaded onto a computer that would work straight away.

2017-02-08 17:14:45

It gives me real pleasure to fly up in the skies of my own country!
But I have found that some cities and states have misspelled, even some airports too. Is there any way to correct them?

2017-02-09 00:47:36

I haven't seen how to do this in the manual or quickstart, so thought I'd ask.  In free flying mode, is it possible to choose the airport where you depart?  It looks like by default, all planes start in airports in Europe and I wanted to choose an airport in the USA, such as DCA.  I'm not sure if you need to complete a specific number of tasks before this option is made available to you.  I'm in the process of completing task 32.

2017-02-09 01:31:27

If you land and park at an airport it stores your plane there....but it's not perfect by the way.

One trick I found is to teleport (f* key) to an airport, take off, get about 3km out and then turn around and immediately land and store yor plane there.

It's a pain to do that for all the aircraft though...

Also on Linux natively

2017-02-09 05:02:23

Just press f8, find the Airport from which you want to depart and press return. There you are.
Regards

The Answer to the question about life, the universe and everything is?

2017-02-09 10:28:59 (edited by grryfindore 2017-02-09 10:30:16)

@cwfenton, in the freeflight mode if you want to start from any other location other than the default, just press f8, choose the airport you like and press enter and it'll have your flight start from there.
It doesn't have any task requirements, the only thing the tasks help you with is understanding the game, gaining ranks to unlock different catogries and so on.

Been a while since I played Eurofly, might as well load up and start a flight,eh. big_smile

Edit: ahh I see Rico already answered that question. my bad.

grryf

Follow me on twitter

2017-02-10 22:31:58

Hello to all. First thanks to Stefan and all the developers WHO develope this great Project. My question now. I have completed 15 tasks how ever in my profile in Free flying i can't see aircrafts in the second category.  My next question is  how i can have as First airport the Athens WHO i am locating in Free flying because is Mpratislava.  Nany thanks
--Kostas--

2017-02-11 09:34:04

Finally in the last message from grryf  there was answer in my questions. Many thanks

2017-02-27 20:57:04

Hi, so I do enjoy playing eurofly, but it  was getting a little boring for me. Because of this, I decided to change some things around. I have basically modded the game. here is what I have done:
I have changed almost every plane sound using ones from the internet to make it more realistic. (it took me a long time to find all the sounds but I did my best and I think every plane now sounds much better, including all the boeings which no longer have the same sounds as each other)
I added a couple of new planes, like the learjet 45, a Cessna caravan,, gulfstream g650 and an airbus a340. Please note any planes I have added have been placed in category 3 so you will have full access to the planes automatic features if you should want to use them. The warnings I have added are the pull up warning instead of rise, master caution warning for nose angle, and another warning for low fuel. I also changed the crash sound, not sure if that's better than before but it's certainly something different.
I am not sure how to upload my mods here, I could just upload my audio folder and aircraft folder as that's where all the changes happened. Hope you will enjoy the changes I have made if I manage to get them uploaded some how, any tips would be great.
Declan.