2008-03-18 01:47:18

Open book 8.0 crashes when I switch pages. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it. I have here a three page document that I scanned and saved, but I went back later to read it, only to have Open book crash when ever I get to a new page. f I'm at the bottem of the document, I can hit ctrl home to get to the top and I can hit ctrl end to get to the end. Also the go to command also crashes it. I just can't access the center page of the stupid doc..

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-03-20 22:12:57

My advice would be to report this to FreedomScientific. They might fix it in a service pack, upgrade, or whatever the heck they call them these days...

Too complicated. Service packs for Windows, upgrades for KeySoft, SMA's for Jaws,...

2008-03-20 22:33:59

I've aready and found out later that the file I saved some how messed up. Rescanning and resaving the fix the problem. Don't really know what happened to the first file I saved and the odd thing is that the everything else worked ok. mavagation in other files works find. Worse yet, I can't seem to repucate the problem. Hmmm. Crupt file?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-03-21 00:15:14

Maybe it was a corrupted file or maybe it wasn't scanned propperly or maybe both. I don't use OpenBook at all but I know what it is and partially how it works...