2019-07-12 13:42:36

Seems there is nothing more we can do with the .ini file that makes the thing more stable. I checked the Code Factory .ini file, and it was identical to mine. It must be something about the interface it self. Perhaps I should try to copy some dll files over.

Best regards
T-m

2019-07-13 00:55:03

and speaking of sapi5 stuff. I contacted RC-systems about the possibility of them making a sapi5 doubleTalk. they said it is not possible because doubleTalk is no longer under active development. So, I guess we will lose yet another speech synthesizer to history and abandonware. too bad there is not some organization dedicated to preserving old access tech such as doubleTalks.

2019-07-13 06:01:02

@Joshknnd1982: Perhaps because there was never a true software rendering of the Rc8660 chipset? There's Monologue and the Soundblaster soundcard speech synthesizer, but Monologue is most definitely different from Double Talk, and the Soundblaster speech system is not really a software speech synthesizer, but was rather generated by the hardware of said soundcards.
The other problem is that there are no real store rooms that actually preserve this hardware unfortunately. I have a Road Runner that is seemingly unable to pose as an actual! Doubletalk LT, never mind the fact it has the same serial connection. The Dectalk Express is still in use as is the Braille-n-Speak. It's not just speech synths that are hard to emulate and get into software form, think of the many consumer electronics that are just now being emulated through Mame.

2019-07-13 07:42:29

What exactly does this Sapi 5 eloq do? Windows defender was pretty serious about flagging it.

2019-07-13 16:58:35

I believe the reason why Windows Defender thinks it's a virus is that for some reason, it installs itself in the Windows directory. That is not a good behaviour for a program installer.