2016-11-25 07:55:18

Yeah, I knew about this, glad to know it's at least doable and not impossible, the way that the flying gym was in black and white 2. Don't think blind people can do that without hacking.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2016-11-25 12:40:26

So, a few things.

1. I've been listening to this game, and there are a lot of sounds for stuff. Have you tried surfing on Lapras, running around on Tauros/Stoutland, etc, and if so, how accessible is that?
2. If hitting left on the d-pad actually turns you to the left instead of making you step directly left, how do you figure out angles? Are routes and towns pretty big and wide open, mostly? Because I could see this getting really, really awkward.
3. There is a dance-based trial on the second island. You have to figure out the differences between specific dances, which means I guess we have to just guess and hope, right?
4. There's another trial on that same island which has you running around a jungle collecting stuff. It occurs to me that if the game's movement is truly 3d, it is going to be a right pain to pick things up if their locations are specific. Have you gotten there, and if so, how did you manage?

It also occurs to me that this game's version of Pokemon Amie, not to mention the optional Poke-pelago, will probably be inaccessible. Plus clothes (which are just for show anyway). Plus photos. I also happen to know that eventually you will have to push boulders (like Strength), and I can't imagine that in full 3d without sight.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but I feel like with each successive generation, blind players are getting less out of it.

That said, speaking for myself, I am absolutely not going to get a 3DS just so I can fumble around and maybe get 1/10 the experience this game will offer a blind player.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2016-11-25 18:49:09 (edited by kingzombie 2016-11-25 18:53:43)

Riding on Lapras and the others is accessible.
This game is not like lumios city in x and y, where you have to constantly turn. finding buildings is hard sometimes and the cities are not huge.
In the dance trial I did softresets until I figured out the answers: The first one is the second answer and for the second dance press the up twice, and the third dance all of the answers are correct.
I did pass the jungle trial. Here's how: if you hold B while riding stoutland the hidden items make a beep sound, so I just run near where I hear the beeps and when I don't hear them I go back to where they were, and when you hear a ding, you are on the item location.
The extras I don't use, like clothes and photos.
I am now at my sixth trial and I have Charizard to fly me to pokemon centers. You get it after the dance trial.
I'll try strength when it comes, hopefully I have success.

2016-11-25 19:14:12

I'll be getting this later today. King zombie, are you using a guide? Think marriland is in the middle of writing his, they've always been really solid in the past.

2016-11-25 20:58:31

Gonna pick this up as well, i'm just going to go for it.

2016-11-25 21:36:44

I am not using a guide, never thought about it, I usually use LP's to find where to go and just play.

2016-11-26 01:44:30

While I must say that the pokemon clones we have are impressive (shout out to the developers who made them) unless you have console games like stadium 1 and 2, I really don't see much purpose in this one the in game mechanics make it hard for each game. Tried to play the previous red and blue versions thanks to my cousin owning game boy and it was rather struggling. Usually I'd find myself wandering in places until I get lost and want to either take the game back, or take a nap. But without the use of the d pad in this one might be a little challenging ross is good at these he might have a tip in mind if you ask. As for me, I'm more of a smash brothers man, or fire emblem guy. I mean text and items from doors may be a problem but you have guides, and also the game maps are layed out like chess board. As for doing an lp on it, I'll have to do one while further in the game to show you how battle works. But it'll be on youtube soon.

2016-11-26 03:01:35

I've played basically every pokemon generation up to and including generation V. Those games are top-down and grid-based, so you could usually follow walls and you were fine. Red, yellow and blue were a bit tricky because you sometimes needed to use an HM like Surf or Strength, and there was no indication of where to do it. Gold, Silver and Crystal let you click on a barrier you could interact with, and the only really frustrating part of that game was the Ice Path. In the third generation, Ruby and Sapphire were almost a hundred percent playable, with only the sixth gym really providing serious headaches (but there's a literally step-by-step guide on GameFAQs). Diamond and Pearl were also pretty good, though a couple of areas have loud, bassy music, which impedes one's ability to follow walls. In one such area, there's also a rainstorm, and the place you're looking for is a bridge which is not actually reached by following walls. You sort of have to find the pillar or edge of the bridge, get around it and then move up onto it and above part of the route. It's awkward, hung me up for days. The fifth generation, particularly black or white 2, are excellent for the most part. The sixth gym is not doable at all without help, and the fourth will probably require you to get some help riding the rollercoaster. I've never fully beaten that one, but I've gotten to the Elite 4, anyway. I just never picked up my game file.

All that said, if Sun and Moon are no longer grid-based, navigation gets three or four times as hard, particularly in tighter spaces. You guys try it out, see how well it works. I personally don't feel like fumbling.

2016-11-26 06:55:34

So I got the game, just got to the festival and second rival battle, seems playable, although using the circle pad feels strange.

2016-11-26 07:12:52

You are almost at a kind of hard part in the game.

2016-11-26 07:55:05

I'm not really sure where to go now, I'm blocked off by a toros and not sure where to go.

2016-11-26 08:09:14

After the festival, you should be at your house. Just go outside and lilly will tell you to go to Professor Kukui's lab.
From the toros go right and up to the corner and go down until you jump off a ledge I think. The lab is somewhere to the right of there.

2016-11-26 16:18:51 (edited by pulseman45 2016-11-26 16:21:18)

@Jayde: Wow, now I feel like I am the only one who has trouble with Johto's route 29. I mean, I was stuck on it for days. Though Crystal Access somewhat helped me by indicating when you are close to a ledge. I was also playing Liquid crystal at the time, and managed to pass route 29 as well, but now I feel like I would probably be unable to do it. Though, if there is a step by step guide for HG/SS, I shouldn't have much trouble.
Anyway I will get Sun and Moon when I can.

2016-11-26 21:31:56

Do you guys use the modern XP share from generation 6 and 7?

2016-11-26 23:43:12

Yeah, I tend to use it. It can be annoying not knowing what's leveling but it's helpful over all.

2016-11-27 00:03:58 (edited by pulseman45 2016-11-27 00:07:04)

I personally don't use it, because I want to know what my Pokemons will learn and grinding experience doesn't bore me much when it doesn't have to be excessive. Plus it was mostly during grinding sessions that I encountered the shiny Pokemons i possess in previous versions so why not continuing like that.

2016-11-27 00:08:37 (edited by kingzombie 2016-11-27 00:12:12)

Also how do you guys deal with learning moves? I'm just currious how you guys do this.

2016-11-27 02:47:30

I usually look up move lists on serebii.

2016-11-27 04:30:16

Thanks for the answers, I wanted to know what everyone else is doing about these things. I will attempt to record a playthrough of this game, so what starter should I pick, fire, grass, or water? This will be who I will use for the entire playthrough, if it works out...

2016-11-27 04:56:21

I'm using rowlet for my first playthrough. I'd pick litten just because I haven't seen a single playthrough on youtube that's used it.

2016-11-27 05:29:15

Alert for SM players: Do not forget to gej the munchlax mystery gift with the snorlium Z, Z crystal. I think this the only way to get snorlium Z.

2016-11-27 05:34:53

Yep, I picked it up yesterday. How do you equip ZCrystals?

2016-11-27 05:55:38

About the snorlium Z: You need a snorlax with the move giga impact. Then you go to your bag and hit left there is the Z crystal pocket just pick a crystal then hit use and select the pokemon. You will hear a sound when it is equipped.

2016-11-27 19:10:09

The whole idea of the exp. share totally trashes any difficulty the game might have had. It killed x and y, it killed omega ruby and alpha sapphire, and it's going to kill sun and moon, at least as far as difficulty goes. It's the lazy man's levelling tool, and I loathe it. Worse, I'm pretty sure that it's on by default when you get it, rather than being an optional item you can turn on at will. If I ever played a game from gen 6 onward, my first order of business would be turning the friggin' thing off. I'm something of a purist. I know how to level pokemon. Knowing who's levelling is extremely good, and I don't really need experience shared to an entire party.
That's just me though. Obviously go ahead and use it if you want. Don't let my grumbling stop you. lol

2016-11-27 20:38:28

It is on by default, but you can certainly turn it off as soon as you get it, so you don't have to use it if you don't want to.

OK, so I'm sort of stuck. Trying to find the place where I'm supposed to fight team skull in this big city.