2008-02-14 16:19:50 (edited by dark empathy 2008-02-14 16:24:03)

much newsily things to discuss today, particularly on the up and coming developement front, and particularly related to the freedom of certain African cainine scavengers, ---- and maybe other nasty creatures as well. Don't panic, I'm not about to announce the opening of a certain park where certain extinct animals have been genetically engeneerd for your pleasure and terror, ---- I'm talking about many and various developements in the field of ear hole insertable gameage!

Said African desert dogs however are very, very real, ----- in the form of the Hyena audio player, a piece of software for various platforms currently being developemented, which will make it possible to play and create gamebooks, not just in text either, but potentially in mp3 sound format. Imagine all the fun of a fighting fantasy style adventure, with all the unexpected deaths, complex statistical turn based combat and large, fanged axe wielding nasties, ---- brought to life by whatever deviously evil audio the creator desires. You can download a test version of the software, with an mp3 copy of the first lone wolf adventure book read by niospeak Here on Hyena's own page and have a chin wag about wher you want the software going in This here forum thread and if your not familiar with the joys of gamebooks, you can find much linkage to text gamebooks collected for your torment,---- er I mean pleasure, on this gamebooks page from the Whitestick website

but it's not just monsters that are developed here, ---- we also do a fine line in world destroying robots, ----- er, I mean game research. Gareth white is currently carrying out a study to develope a user friendly interface for the massive second life online world game. if your over the age of 18, and can spare 30 minutes of your time, this is deffinately your chance to have an effect on the directions audio games will go in the future. for more information and contact details about the research, check this forum thread about the project Just remember to read the resources and other docks first.

now, back to the monsters, pluss wizards, witches, warriors and warlocks, and probably a lot of other things begining with W, ---- or at least waaaah! Many moons ago, faithful forum regular jayde announced the developement of a stonking online brouser based rpg with quests, combat, skills, history and many other good and tasty things. The road has been long, ---- but the goal is in site as the free city game goes into private beta phase. To discuss the game, ---- and perhaps test it, please expell your appreciation upon This poor pathetic forum thread

So with all this, I think the future is looking up, and we stand on the dawn of a new age where humanity will, ----- hmmm, ---- was that a test tube smashing? Waaaaaaah!!!!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)