2016-08-03 19:20:06 (edited by boy 2019-03-17 18:42:43)

This is the recreated topic for The Blank Game. The Blank Game is similar to Alternative Magic, meaning all the item names, place names and other things are the same. Also, the sounds and music are also the same, but I have the developer's permission to use them now so their shouldn't be any problems. In this game, the last hope, sword from shadow rine, gets mathhed by these 2 people calling themselves boy and girl. Mathhed means that when something is mathhed, it will continue loving math, and only doing things math related. It also won't be able to be controlled. So, aria from the temple decides to stop boy and girl from keeping the sword mathhed! More of the story is in the included books that come with the game. The game is based off of a book that I made called bookbook3, witch is the third book in the bookbook series. The game is still partly in Japanese, so you will need q translate or JGT to play. To translate a menu option, press nvda and numpad 5 3 times to copy the option to the clipbord then use the translate command. On Q translate, it's control comma. To play the game, just download and open the zip file. You will also need the addon for fixing the use of the enter key for NVDA. It's in post 95 on the topic about JGT. So, download the game here.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ma2iqh26uoc3r … e.zip?dl=0

A Squared, Plus B Squared, Equals C Squared!

Thumbs up

2016-08-04 14:14:52

Hello!
@boe where I can find and download the book book series?
Thanks.

My skype:
[email protected]
Add me if you want to chat about gaming and stuff like that.

Thumbs up +1

2016-08-04 17:08:27

I wrote the books, and they are not games, they're books. I'm only saying that because you may have thought they were game books, meaning those books that you can play online as games. These books really don't have any point to them. They were only written for my own interest. I also wrote 4 books called the Term Paper books. That's ware I got the idea to make the term paper games. And all that started from my English teacher giving me a term paper! Anyway, you can find all the books here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101239271/Books.zip
The bookbook books are their as well as the term paper books. Bookbook4 isn't complete, but it will be soon.

Thumbs up

2016-08-24 16:37:34

Version 1.3 is here! The main change is that a ton of the menus are now translated. All the way up to the valley of fire, and more are coming. I finally finished the ending of the game so it ends the normal way. More changes are in the documentation. Download here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101 … 20Game.zip

Thumbs up

2016-08-29 23:11:32

how do i use q translate with the game?

Thumbs up

2016-08-30 13:57:28

download Q Translate from here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101 … .7.0.2.zip
Once you have it unzipped, open it then press alt f4. It will now be running in the background. Press control comma to translate what was last copied to the clip board. If you picked up the latest version of the game from the first post, menus up to the valley of fire are translated. To translate a menu option includes anything like items, weapons, or any menu in the game press NVDA and numpad 5 3 times to copy it to the clip board then press control comma. Sometimes you have to press it multiple times. The next version should have everything translated, accept for the results in battle like how much damage you or an enemy took, saying how an enemy is attacking you, and basically evry other part of battle. These will never be translated because of how text game maker works and Japanese grammer. And no, you can't change how text game maker desplays results.

Thumbs up

2016-08-31 04:12:56

the control comma command doesn't work for me. i'm running QTranslate 5.7.0.3 when i tried to translate Šw¶‚́AƒAƒŠƒA‚ðAUŒ‚I
from the english translation i get SW ?? ¶, ég AƒAƒŠƒA, ð ?? ?? A ?? UOE, ég ??

Thumbs up

2016-08-31 15:24:07

The reason you can't translate that is because your non Unicode programs aren't set to display Japanese correctly. If you change this, you will still be able to do everything you did before in English, but you will be able to read Japanese that looks like Japanese, not weird symbols. I know on windows 10 it's in region and language or something like that, not sure exactly ware it is since I had windows 8 when I set it up.

Thumbs up

2016-09-16 23:31:58

bringing this topic back.

boy wrote:

The reason you can't translate that is because your non Unicode programs aren't set to display Japanese correctly. If you change this, you will still be able to do everything you did before in English, but you will be able to read Japanese that looks like Japanese, not weird symbols. I know on windows 10 it's in region and language or something like that, not sure exactly ware it is since I had windows 8 when I set it up.

ok, i'm using windows 8, can you tell me how to set up the programs? sinse the game gets murderesly hard  and i need those shop menus.

Coding is not hard. No, not at all.
What is hard is making code that accepts different and sometimes unexpected types of input and still works.
This is what truly takes a large amount of effort on a developer's part.

Thumbs up

2016-09-20 00:06:13

Press windows and c to get to the charms bar. Go to settings, then control pannel. Once you're there, tab until you find language, or something like that. It's not display language, that will change your computer's language. Press enter there, then choose add language. Add Japanese, then press the ok button. Your computer might have to restart, so let it then you can play the game and translate it. There won't be a lot of translating necessary after the next update. As of now, the only thing in the status menu that isn't translated is magic defense, have to think of another way to say that because the game only let me put magic def or something similar. This is because Text Game Maker has a limited number of characters per line, and it's not long enough to fit magic defense in English, or magic evasion. I'm also working on all the items and skills. You'll notice that you'll have to use the translator less and less as new updates come out.

Thumbs up

2016-09-20 00:09:04 (edited by amerikranian 2016-09-20 02:23:32)

so why won't you put magic def?
also do you have an idea as to when the update comes out because i really love the game, it gives challenges, such as find the type working against an item that will let you get on... anyone is reminded of orb in the shrine of the earth? smile
why did you put trump in the game? i'm asking because it's funny, the way he speaks and all. i gone into the sewers and got malled. hey sniper, why are you just standing there and doing nothing why i'm getting owned, a? that's not friendship, if your my friend at all. i'm worried about the biocontrol system, someone said it's impossible in less you have 999 defense, oh well. maybe you'll get an item that will destroy it in one hit, or you can buy items to stop it's turns allowing you to attack for a couple of times. we'll just have to see i guess.

What is hard is making code that accepts different and sometimes unexpected types of input and still works.

Thumbs up +1

2016-09-20 14:48:56

I put Trump in the game because I like showing how stupid he is, at least in my opinion. Not trying to offend Trump supporters. The update should come out in a few days, can't start working until this weekend when I can use the computer. I have school during the week. I like how you're doing with the game, never thought I'd make a game that would be this fun. About the sewers, are you trying to fight the boss after the slimes? That should be done at the end of the game. And the biocontrol system, that's way way at the end. I'm guessing you got the non-unicode programs set up correctly. If you did and the enemies are too hard, just make sure you're paying attention to armor, and it's defenses. You will get your second character in the ruins. About Sniper, you can't use this character at all, that's why you get a second person in the ruins. Without this person, the plazma will be really hard.

Thumbs up

2016-09-20 22:17:59

hi. so i've hit windows c, then gone to settings, then add language, then chose jap and added it,  now, when ever i pressed alt shift, it switches between english and jap keyboards, how ever, i still cant translate, i press nvda nubpad 5 to copy it into the clipboard, then press control , and i cant translate it, this makes me sad. i love music so far, too bad you cant suicide when you jump from the buildings in the town which you have to go onto the ship to get to, exponents  or something? what is the differents between sword and math or magic levels?

Thumbs up

2016-09-20 22:50:46

Math is the level of the character, and sword and magic, are proficiency levels for weapons. The higher the level, the more damage the weapon does. It also controls hit rate. If you have the Japanese key board, that means that you're non-unicode programs are set correctly. I don't know what's going on with the translator, it's probably a bug. Have you tryed using JGT with the game? As I've said before, the manual explains how to do it. And no, you can't jump off of buildings in Exponents. If you're talking about the job that Trump gives you to find the kid in the building, just keep going up and down the stairs or elevator and talking to people. When you find the kid, go back down to floor 1 and keep looking. I believe you have to do it 4 times. If you think you've done it enough, go talk to Trump again and see if you get the cashcash you expected, or at least half of it. He only gives you half of the cashcash because that's what Trump does in life. He only pays people half of what he says he will. Just another reason why he shouldn't, and probably won't be president!

Thumbs up

2016-09-22 00:15:47

i have tried using the local to play the game but saddly, it doesn't want to instaul on my PC, it says something about it being intorupted or something. i want, i want to get this game working!

Thumbs up

2016-09-22 19:26:23

Since you're able to play the game and you're able to translate battle results, the only reason you might not be able to translate things on the clip board is because it might not be copying. When you press NVDA and numpad 5 3 times, does it say copied to clipboard? If it does, then you're good to translate. About App Local, all you need to do to get it to install is run it as administrator. Also, try App Local in compatibility mode for windows XP. If this still doesn't work, grab the clip copy add on from guide for playing japanese games. When you have this, you can press F 12 and whatever NVDA last said will copy to the clip board.

Thumbs up

2016-09-23 02:53:32

ok, i will do that, but even if i copy stuff to the clipboard, ctrl , doesn't work.

Thumbs up

2016-09-24 02:27:34 (edited by amerikranian 2016-09-24 16:32:05)

yes! yes! yes! yes! yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
i got the translation working! woooot! so now, i have 2 armor slots, first one is having eq, second one doesn't. when will i have eq in the second one? does guns have ammo and if so how do i get more?
edit.
couple more questions.
1. does magic/weapon leveling up only when you use them, or you get enough math and level them up. in other words can i use magic only and level up my weapon?
2. can you explain what the status means? such as scilance and stuff.
3. how can i see how much i need  to level?
4. how can i get a bag, and can bag be too full?

Thumbs up

2016-09-24 16:34:02

With guns, they have a number of shots, meaning you can only use them a certain number of times in battle. The number will reset back to 1 after finishing the battle you used the gun. And with armor, you can by it in shops. By equ, I'm guessing you mean equipment. Slot one is for either robes or armor. 2 is for clothes, shields, or hats. Also, you can't have to of the same thing equipped, or 2 of the same type. Example: say you bought iron armor and a robe. You would only be able to have 1 at a time equipped.

Thumbs up

2016-09-24 18:57:23

Version 1.4 is here! Some of the items as well as the status screen is in English now. The documentation explains status effects as well as all your character's stats. All the magic now does actual damage. Their are a couple more things that have changed, read the documentation if interested for the changes or just play! One of the things in the next version might, and I say might be that the bgm will be a much higher quality MP3, and I mean that it might happen. It will happen eventually. Download here:

Thumbs up

2016-09-25 01:28:50

ok this is really pissing me off. the ghost ship, yes, i got that far into the game, done the book puzzle, and now have to stuck fighting this stupid swordsman. the thing has a crap tun of hp, and it poisons, and when i cure the poison it just poisons me again, oh, and i forgot, it also has a ghool and a ghost for the party, the ghost can make you die in 5 turns, i can take it out with 2 to 3 hits but it's really annoying. boy, did you meant for snipers eq to be removed when she joins your party? if you did, ok, my life is easier. if you didn't, whoooooooooops! she has a weapon that hits 9 times, with 50 power, and she has 125 normal and 65 magic defenses. nothing is damaging me that baddly, and if you change it, please don't take away my eq, it was a bug, you fixed it, next time i will not be able to use it. but yes, this ghost ship boss is really hard, and i cant use an item on it that will make it blow, can i now? i think you should be allowed to use sniper, she can pack a punch, the story will explain it something like: you don't let me through? die! 3 on 3 would be at least more fair. thanks for help. and i think i'm level 18, the Aria has about 808 hp and blank has 913. i found out how the ghost can be recked, i used the moonlight skill from blank on aria and shot it twice, it's dead. ghoul is tanky, but goes in 2 hits from aria and blank combined. i just wish the swordsman did as well. he's level 27, and my gun attack does around 400 damage, and when i'm out of shots i do 300 damage per hit. that's only aria, blank hits for 200 hp, i forgot to get him better eq, whooops! so in total we were doing around 500, 800 if luck decides to crit, i'm guessing if it's just raw power i'll just go grind around 10 more levels for each of are guns and try again, he said something about being weak to light magic? he isn't. the star shot does nothing on that guy. again, thanks for help, and i love the game, i love the challenge of it, and did you meant for ghost ship to be really quiet? no music, no waves splashing against the bored, nothing. it's like the see is dead.

Thumbs up

2016-09-25 04:31:13

Ok, I haven't even gotten that far when testing the game. By light, it means light attribute like twinkle attack, holy ball and those spells. Moonlight and light are 2 different things. I think I'm going to be doing another enemy reecreation on bosses. Does it do too much damage or is it just too much hp?

Thumbs up

2016-09-25 04:51:01

It's fixed now, you will be able to use Sniper for that boss and only that boss. I also lowered it's hp from 20000 to 10000.
Also, you shouldn't have Aria using guns, maybe blank can. Aria get's some pretty good sword skills later in the game, and you need it to be at least level 40 to use the strongest sword skill.

Thumbs up

2016-09-25 16:56:32

a problem to report. now i cant fight the boss at all. why? well,   aria shoots the ghost, then blank shoots at it, it dies, i see that it's dead, then i press enter, the game goes unrespawnding and i have to close the program. so yeah. this needs to be fixed ASAP, i want to play this and finaly own that guy!

Thumbs up

2016-09-26 20:25:46

It should be fixed now, try redownloading the latest version of the game and see what happens. Note I won't have computer access until Friday because of school so I won't be able to fix anymore problems. Also as I said before, Aria shouldn't be using guns. You'll be getting so very powerful swords later in the game, and when you get them they'll be way stronger than guns, believe me. If you want guns, Blank can use them as well as the hammer he's been given. You will also get a new hammer for Blank when you arrive at Prom after the ghost ship.

Thumbs up