2019-10-01 20:32:23

aha, understood, thanks dark.

2019-10-02 10:41:46

I gotta stop flying into stars. It's like. There's a star here. I'll warp. I'll go through it *boom*

Somehow, I forget stars are a thing....derp

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2019-10-02 19:18:56

I still wish the ground combat situation was a bit more sorted. I really like how the system works with the grid and the entombed type damage, but there is no indication of what missions to attempt when, plus, stunning is a nightmare and the gear to defend against stunning is so high level its ridiculous.

I did manage to complete the first two alpha missions, though the rewards were a bit stingy, and the battledroids in mission beta 1, though not actually doing enough damage to get through my armour were a bit too tough for me to knock off with my current attacks.
Again, I really wish there was more by way of ground combat off of sola invictor, and that there was some indication what to do when.
On the other hand, other activities are fun and I'm just about to go and try ship combat.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-10-02 20:06:27

its beeing worked on
expect some big changes in the upcomming months probably

2019-10-02 20:52:54 (edited by Dark 2019-10-02 21:03:15)

Glad to hear ground combat is getting a fix, its one of my favourite parts of the game and I used to enjoy doing missions as my dragon character, even if they weren't lucrative, see my other topic in general game discussion for more thoughts.

Okay space combat is annoying! I decide to start off sensibly, go and use the simulator, then in the second sim where you need to shoot the enemyy I can't hit the bloody thing no matter what I do or how much I pay attention to the directions on the track command, indeed I think the track command on the sim is broken.
So I decide bugger the sims, I'll try the easiest mission instead, I buy a combat ship go to mission central andd decide to check my weapons, however with no idea how to set my laser charge, I end up over charging them and before I can decide what is a good charge my ship plummets out of space and crashes!

grrrrrrrrrrrr!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-10-02 22:12:33

I mentioned this on newbie channel when you were on about it....but actual combat is more a crew type thing. If you ask nicely enough IC I may well see about helping you out in a mission, but fighters are a pain in the ass no matter what.

I much prefer crewing with a bunch of people and us all tackling a mission, really. I'm fairly sure you'll enjoy it even if you suck at gunningg. I've always got room for an engineer on my ship and missions, yep. THe actual track command works like so. It tells you the direction to fire, like port up range 35

Ignore the ship type for now. Focus on the directions. And...remember your weapon ranges.If it's not in range don't fire.

Also for charge, you got three systems, and a max power level. It's up to you to set up your weapons to work with your power levell.

Cheat sheet:

wc l/c/w is to recharge
w-config will set up your weapons
la/ca/wa <direction> <angle> fires

Example:

I'm in my ship. I can do everything from the control room. As you get bigger ships, learn where the engineering room is....

So, from a control room or engineering room on a bigger ship....type w-config. Then note down your max charge. Set up your weapons to go under the max charge or just up to it.

For example: Max charge of 100. Each of my three weapons gets 33 charge each.

Then, type wc l/c/w/ as above, to charge your weapons.

Then, red for red alert. Yiou can't target/fire without being in red alert.

THen Then track and once you're in range, open fire.

Also on Linux natively

2019-10-02 23:36:01

for stars.  best way I find to avoid them. or not have them argue with me.  get the immunity from the pull of stars donator item.
you can work with stars and study them with out it. but,  it makes things easier.  set your course to one unit in the star's min or max coords. subatomic to there lock the star sit there and study away.
otherwise look at the pull of the star. and set your warp 1 level or 2 levels above it. 
that's what I used to do.

as to space combat, it takes practice. no one's going to get it right off the bat

and mutariancy aren't your ground combat race they're your healer from behind the sceens race hense why their abilities all do light damage.

I'm a blue eyed, pale pink, kitten.
A blue-eyed, pale pink, kitten that can smash the smashing out of people.
I'm mew, and you're going to get smashed.

2019-10-03 11:18:19

So apparently the server's down again? o.o

I thought that was fixed, for some reason? Okay, not sure now....but I'll put my thoughts here.

I know the hosts are working on adjusting activities, but.....

I'd rather have less than more. Like, I'm rank 920 something. I got a ton of activities to do, but I'd rather have less, but more evenly spaced out. Like, I'm rank 920 something at last check, 924-925 I think? But I have too many activities to try. You may sit here, read this and say great, that's a good thing. No, it isn't, because only one gives good points and cash.

Ah, I hear you say, but you're meant to RP. Yes but with a player base that small, and the need to grind and rank up....you have to either make a choice. Either you RP, oryou grind. If you don't grind, you get left behind. If you do, you don't RP.

Now, the hosts are on about balancing out the economy. THis all sounds well and good. But....here's the thing. Somebody like Dark will suffer because of this. The hosts idea of 'fixing' the economy is.....not a total reset, which is the smart thing to do. No. It's just to (going by the HTPC logs at any rate) to lower payouts and rewards. Which will hurt the new players or those resetting. Instead.....get the activities and economy to where it needs to be, and wipe the quads off of the old players. Hell, I got a quad in total due to (what I consider) broken mechanics. I'd argue fix the economy and take everyone's money, and let them play in the new economy. Why should new players be penalized for a new economy when it doesn't affect the old players who have absolutely everything, exactly?

Also @Dark: I read your activities topic. You just wait till you get to star studying rank (around 600), you will rage. You absolutely will raaaaaaaage.

Also on Linux natively

2019-10-03 11:56:58

And the game's back up. Just hope the server crashes get fixed. It's the only MOO I've ever been on, where it crashes this frequently

Also on Linux natively

2019-10-03 14:39:51 (edited by Dark 2019-10-03 14:42:16)

As I said on newbie chat, if space combat is group only, then that is a bad thing for me. Group activities might be okay occasionally but they're not my main focus, indeed I'd prefer to sort out what I'm doing solo before I try grouping with anything.

Likewise, I never got the impression that mutariansi couldn't do ground combat or that they shouldn't do solo ground combat, indeed from what I can gather with the right armour ground combat is possible if you ignore stun time and make heavy use of the take cover command, though it'd really be helpful to know what stats are required for what.

Actually with all the forms and the different combat abilities, I thought Mutariansi would be fun in combat, but hay, hopefully this will get a fix.

As to the economy, we'll see. Currently it seems most things are doable by doing activities, the only odd things I ran into that were really too expensive were orbit harvesting upgrades, and those were possible to buy once I went and did some salvage and sold off my debris.

Actually I do remember that when I used to do asteroid mining, it  always irritated me that I'd mine all these elements and the only thing to do was transfer them to the default market, nobody wanted them and the trade posts thing never seemed to work out for me, so I sort of like the idea of making tradables and resource gathering more of a thing so long as it doesn't hurt advancement too much.

As to higher level activities, we will have to see.

Edit: eh? I literally just logged on, and less than a minute after the server went poof!

2019-10-03 14:46:32

It's explained in one of the help files ( I don't remember which one and can't check due to reboots) that dragons and humans are the main offense....dragons being front line and huymans being back up. Muti/Yuchi/Paugy are support types. When the MU* is back up I'll find the exact help file.

No, space combat's not exclusively a group activity. Though it's easier to take on harder stuff in a group, many of the higher end ships need at least a competent engineer to fix things in your ship while you shoot stuff, and extra gunners never go amiss. You can certainly solo the easy stuff once you get space combat down, but if you're faced with a Vacus Spaawner, you will want either insanely good ship weapons, or an engineer who can keep your weapons charrged at all times, as when you're running around, that ship is fixed itself and firing on you.

Also on Linux natively

2019-10-05 00:50:03

@Jase Kay, that help file also said that Mutariansi were lightly offensive and that larken were the main healers, so while I didn't expect to be as good in combat as a dragon I still hoped to hold my own, after all, clerrics should still be reasonable solo players.

Well I've tried asteroid processing but honestly I'm a bit confused and I suspect I didn't do as well as I should've done since I must've misunderstood something.

So I have I got to a point where my drones wouldn't harvest anymore water and I couldn't process anymore bricks because I'd not got enough. The funny thing though, I only had 2k minerals in the storage bin. The help file said you can have a max of a thousand of each type, with a total of six thousand (I didn't quite get thatt). However, whenever I told my drones to go  harvist some water, they went out to a segment with water in, I got the message about them harvesting water, then they just came straight back to the bay and the water was never dropped off.
I can only assume that the storage limit is waaaaaay lower than I thought it was, and next time keep a drone on processing duty to make sure I use the resources efficiently, still it was really rather annoying to still have a bunch of resources in an asteroid that I just plane couldn't use.

I did raise a rank out of it, but given the 10 minute fly out to the asteroid and the processing time it was not very efficient for the reward I got, though I suspect that was more due to the lack of processing than anything else.

Does anyone know what the total storage limit for asteroid processing is exactly?

2019-12-16 17:22:32

I wanna get into this game but I don't wanna use VIP Mud. I've never used it before so don't know how it works. The financial side is also a contributing factor, but as I'm more used to MUSHClient, having played two different Muds with it, I'd like that option if it has become available since this thread was begun. I don't wanna spoil myself too much looking through the thread for alternative client options, so could someone tell me if you can play this in Mush yet?

2019-12-16 20:15:55

you can play this at any working mud client i believe
though, looking from the soundpack side, the v i p one is the only one beeing worked on at the moment
there is also a mush pack available but, i'M not really sure about its status

2019-12-16 22:49:35

*sighs*

All right. I may have to invest in it at some point. It's not the worst price I've seen but it it's one to plan for and not right now. I'm already planning to buy a Reaper license for Christmas.

2019-12-17 02:42:38

You don't need to pay for it, just restart every 2 hours or so, its fine.

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2019-12-17 07:50:56

you dont need to pay 30 bucks for it smile

2019-12-19 02:08:56 (edited by Boo15mario 2019-12-19 02:09:21)

Does any one know how to get the sound packs to play in VIP Mud? I have installed a sound pack and I am not able to hear the sounds.

2019-12-19 07:45:26

type fixbuffers, that should fix it, if it doesnt fix it, you  have to create the cosmicragebufferlist.txt inside of your vipmud folder the one in documents

2019-12-19 08:04:32

Cosmic rage is mostly shit when it gets down to the brass tax. all the system crashes makes me pull hair and want to execute the idiots who run the server. then they tell you to ignore the fact your character just passed out for no reason. oh the illogic of it.
moron fucking central.

2019-12-19 15:07:08

I've been playing for a couple of months now and haven't really experienced that. I don't play all day, every day or anything, but my experiences have been pretty good.

2019-12-30 16:24:56

Server down. growl-snarl

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2019-12-30 16:35:13 (edited by moaddye 2019-12-30 16:38:45)

@#726. You are totally  100 percent correct
Roleplay is broken, thas what! some stuff happens to you and your told to ignore it. You have a bunch of roleplay laws, so everyone speaks english, says it's galactish(galactic) never change your background, get a bunch of stupid 3 letter comboed idiots(noe, biad) that guvern what you do and may even get a right saying who you can get as your lifemate or not and told to just follow their rules or be sent to jail with no way to play a criminal, berry them under tuns of a mineral, allow them to stun, shoot, kill, build when and what they wish, with them not even respecting your god damn wishes of staying in your house. I had to reset 2 times because of them. You got gmc with godly powers, MI with jailing wires, SDL with failing fires.
This post makes no sense, but the main topic is about how(rp is broken) (MI taking all yo cash leaving you with nothing but a bunch of trash) (gmc seditiving you like gash!) (sdl threatining you like fats) (a bunch of rules that makes the game boring because it's all the same)
<note(Your rp crue is like the worst? the game is actually enjoyable if you want to do the same thing all the time, the host work as hard as energy cans. Anyway, but your rp people? are totally irrespectable jerksh if you do one thing wrong, as well as MI being like totally ungoable against. Really? You give em fancy tech but not us? what we got, a small laser sword that goes swush?
Oh. and people hide the fact that rp suckse by saying it's all good if you know how to rp, but it's like 100200300 percent broken do to the players and the many mistakes your told to ignore! ignore!

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2019-12-30 17:35:39

moaddye wrote:

Server down. growl-snarl

Haven't people said stop posting that the server is down?

2019-12-30 17:37:17

oh, haven't heard it. also, it's really stupid to say server down because someone will know there's a server down, think no one else knows about the server down, post the server down, get told by people about the server down, but these who said don't talk about the server being down just talked about the server being down