2020-04-16 17:47:03

beta71

About 20 new battle cards. Thanks to Oscar and Glein for the ideas and the sounds.
4 new mini-games (2 in the heights, 1 in the volcano and 1 in the playroom).
4 new micro-games.
The solo mini-games party has been returned to its previous form. Then it's now possible to test a mini-games list.
Some mini-games have been slightly modified: across the sewers, volcanic zone, the Bomb's Lair, read the die, Crazy geography, sort the battle cards, the Fire Clouds, and some others else but very slightly.
Some sounds changes, as the buttons' timer and the lost competition, or when someone opens a new party on a server application.
By holding the shift key when going to the server list, it's possible to have all the server applications in the list. If you host a server application and you want it to be in the list, don't forget to use the -p parameter.
There is now a basic chat protection. If you write too many messages in a short time, you get disconnected. Please be careful. The chat messages have also a limit of 500 characters.
When the log is written with ctrl+shift+w, the save file is also updated.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2020-04-16 17:56:21

Great update! I like the fact the server list can be filtered now. Here's one small suggestion. In future versions, please have it say server application once. It's not necessary to repeat it.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2020-04-16 18:19:47 (edited by PatrykK 2020-04-16 18:20:37)

The new wer is glitched.
When playing, server kicks all players.

meow meow.

2020-04-17 02:41:11 (edited by Jeffb 2020-04-17 02:42:16)

Volcanic zone is to easy now. Wish that wasn't changed. Don't agree with the changes to the chat text limmit. The new games are great thanks for the update.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2020-04-17 02:45:16

Won't be able to play Crazy Party for a bit, but what changes were made to those games? I'm assuming it has to do with the intervals?

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-04-17 04:50:00

Hello!

Indeed the beta71 is available, but I think the beta72 will be released this weekend, in order to fix at least an annoying bug in one of the new mini-games.

About the sewers and the volcanic zone, there is now a warning sound, which makes this games less random. And about the bombs' lair, the map is now better.

2020-04-17 05:33:11

hi @pragma, if you're reading this.
Don't know if someone agrees with me here, but i think an update to the battle mission mode would be great, it is awesome imo.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2020-04-17 08:01:29

Hello?
I found a bug today.
Among the battle cards, the stupid program does not seem to work properly.
please check.

2020-04-17 12:09:02

That isn't very descriptive. What exactly were you trying to do? Were you playing against a psychic opponent?

Here's some observations so far.

That hang gliding minigame is fun, also different from the games we've had so far. The golems one is just brutal, though I did unlock it.

This warning sound has made the volcanic zone and the sewers easier, yes. However, in competition it's going to be more interesting, because you are still going to try and be the fastest, which leads to carelessness. It's far preferable over just randomly dying because the RNG said so.

I'm glad that being a cactus now seems to be a viable battle strategy, and an axe deck actually has some potential now. Full moon seems to be a kind of half-finished concept, so in future versions, some more cards to take advantage of that would be great. At the very least, werewolf howl should be improved greatly by it. It would even make sense if werewolf howl works only when the environment is full moon, but it would definitely need to do more interesting things than it does now.

2020-04-17 13:16:00

I would like to be able to make my own boards.

Best regards: Marco

2020-04-17 13:28:35

I used that card in the fighting main type and my opponent would have had at least 70% Esper cards in the deck.
I tested this on the training bot.
Need more details?

2020-04-17 14:02:16

in this new wersion the server glitch will be repaired?

meow meow.

2020-04-17 14:59:05

I just tested stupid program myself and it indeed doesn't work. The card plays (the sound is quite amusing by the way), but the temporary effects simply don't apply. So it doesn't say the succeeding conditions aren't reunited.

2020-04-17 15:37:47

I can't play the cp, because multiplayer think is fucked.

meow meow.

2020-04-18 09:27:25

@2300
Central server is down, yes, but right now there are 7 more server aplications you can conect to, so don't say online is not working. Pluss
the old regular servers still exist.

2020-04-18 09:49:13

you can connect a server
christopherw.me
port 2500

2020-04-18 12:05:56

Aj, it was my stupit internet from UPC.

meow meow.

2020-04-18 21:43:22

Can I just say I'm not happy with this chat tracking thingy or whatever keeps kicking me out of the game? It doesn't happen randomly like this before, but now it keeps happening. What's the point of chat tracking if it makes you leave the party mid game? Ranting here. Man seriously, can something be done to it to at least make it more usable? I didn't even spam the chat.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2020-04-22 03:34:40 (edited by serrebi 2020-04-22 07:54:37)

beta73 seems to be false positive flagged by windows defender. Had to go as far as disabling mealtime protection, tamper protection, and then using winaero tweaker to turn it off to play the game.

2020-04-22 06:16:52

Hey, can someone help me with the hangglider game? I simply don't understand how it works. Maybe it's just me, but I end up woth something like minus 3. Also, is there a decent strategy for that gollums game? Surely, there could be an adjustment made so it's slightly easier to get them before you just die. Thanks.

2020-04-22 07:12:13

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
The hang glider game is fun. I'll try to explain it by text, but if you need I can make an audio demo too.

Basically it's all about managing your descent. So you start out at -20 points and you're flying forward. The farther you fly forward, the higher your score gets (you check your score with s). You're also slowly descending as you fly (use d to check your altitude).

You can't change your altitude directly but you can fly into updrafts and downdrafts to change it. Steering into an updraft will make your altitude go higher, and steering into a downdraft will make your altitude go lower.

Don't aim for every updraft or downdraft though. The point of the game is to keep checking your altitude and score often, and when your score is close to 20, your altitude should be close to 0. Thus you have to use the updrafts and downdrafts wisely i.e. if you're score is close to 20 and you're high in the air, look for downdrafts to pull you down. If you're approaching altitude 0 but you're still far away from 20 points, look for updrafts to keep you from landing prematurely. I generally like to stay between altitudes 10-20 or thereabouts.

You can also change your speed with the up and down arrow keys. All this does is change your movement speed. Higher speed = faster forward movement and faster descent, but high speeds also will make it difficult to keep everything in check and will also reduce how effective the drafts are, since you won't remain near them for as long. I'm not sure if hang glider is a competition game though. It would be interesting if it was, since there's really no time constraint otherwise.

The gollumns game is indeed tricky. From what I can tell, in order to mark a gollumn, you have to get close to it and hit f, but you'll only survive if the gollumn is headed away from you, which means you have to chase it down, mark it, then quickly run the other way before it comes back. If you try to mark while one is heading toward you, he'll clobber you before you can get away.

You have to mark 5 gollumns to succeed, and they all seem to be located on their own little platforms which are separated by walls and ladders. I've never seen two gollumns roaming one section, so try to only pick out the one you're heading toward and focus exclusively on that one. It's tricky and the time limit makes it trickier still, but for me at least, it's not in my top 3 hardest games. Maybe top 4 though. Lol

HTH.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2020-04-22 08:37:27

i managed to get 4 on the golem game but that was my limit

2020-04-22 08:50:24

hi. can I paste mai save file from beta 70 to beta 73?

2020-04-22 09:17:24

Yeah. Most of the time you can do that when a new beta comes out, but keep a backup of the old beta and save file until you make sure the new one works with your save.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2020-04-22 15:48:04

LOL both these games are in my top 5 or 6 of hardest games. I think I get the hangglider game, but dumb q1uestion here. How can you tell an updraft from a downdraft? Not sure what I am doing wrong to end up with negative points. Thanks for your explanations though!