2019-08-08 07:50:02

I see. Wouldn't a rock/fighting deck be counter-intuitive, though? Those are two types which are vulnerable to quite a few attacks.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-08-08 07:57:21 (edited by Chris 2019-08-08 07:58:10)

It can be, but remember you can add parry cards and change your type during the battle if you need to avoid getting creamed by something that's super effective. Colossal Crushing can be incredibly powerful, especially if you combine it with a bunch of foot cards from ground and fighting. Oh, don't forget to throw in a Midnight Ring or two to boost your damage. That's just one of the many strategies you can employ. Look at the cards and experiment.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-08-08 08:22:21

Well my dark water deck is working out better when I cut it to 70 cards and got rid of extranious stuff, just lots of physical attacks, bloody scratch and seasalt plus midnight ring, kraken, tentacle choke and tentacle annoyance.

My only issue with parry cards, is that unless they're a parry against a very common card typpe, EG physical damage, a status afect or a type your main deck type is weak against, they mostly just take up valuable space, especially since they don't always seem to activate.
For example, for a long while I had water mirror in my water deck, yet even though magical ray is a comparatively common card, it never activated. Similarly there are a lot of cards like tale wind that only effect a specific type.

It would also help with general strategy if a few of the rules used in card desdcriptions were explained.
For example, that "the exile" means the pile of cards already played, and that when a card, like midnight ring or care book talks about cards being put "above the launcher's dec" it means that cards of that type get drawn next.
I only actually worked this one out by playing a midnight ring card and realising that it meant drawing a dark card next.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-08-08 09:16:43

Parry cards should activate as long as you have them in your hand, the correct card was played by your opponent, and you have the required levels. As for more documentation, I completely agree. Putting cards above your deck means you are guaranteed to draw them on your next turn(s). The opposite applies for putting cards below your deck, I.E you will most likely draw those cards right before the deck shuffles. The exile and discard are completely different. The discard contains the cards you've already played. It is shuffled to make a new deck if you run out of cards in your deck. The exile is a special place where cards are kept. This can be used for some attacks such as Supreme Punishment. It is very difficult to retrieve cards once they have been put into the exile. The only way I know is to use Souvenir, Water Memory, or several other cards related to specific elements.

2019-08-08 09:58:13

As I said, magical ray should've theoretically activated water mirror, but for some reason it didn't.
That makes sense about the exile with how magic flower cards work, though since practically speaking I've only ever had a few games go on for over 60 turns or so I don't think I've seen decks replayed too often, so for all practical purposes "below your dec" pretty much also means unplayable.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-08-08 10:37:24 (edited by keyIsFull 2019-08-08 10:39:04)

there are a lot more ways to get cards out of the discard pile than the exile. In your case, for  example, you have water memory. Your point about how parry cards are extraneous is actually a big reason why manipulation cards that make you draw other cards are so powerful: by using them you can increase your hand size by drawing extra cards from your deck which means that you get a higher chance of actually getting the card you want earlier. This is why cards like prudence/prospecting/passive intervention/climatology make it into almost all my decks. They're just that useful. And great maneuverability is very useful because it lets you draw manipulation cards which include the ones just mentioned. I recommend you devote 10-15% of your deck to manipulation cfards that let you draw other cards. Another rule of thumb is that if your playing a battle against one of the bots in the grand council, and you have a neutral type matchup against it, you should be able to defeat it in a number of turns equal to 10% of the hp. So a 180 hp battle, you should be able to win in 18 turns or less consistently. If you can't win in that many turns your deck is probably not efficient enough and you can get rid of some cards that you don't need.
Also the reason your water mirror card didn't work was probably because you weren't actually water level 1 when the ray card happened, or you were sleeping/fear/frozen when it hit you. Be careful about those.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2019-08-08 12:24:31

I still say most of my best decks have had absolutely no parry cards. It's like Dark says, why have a card in your hand that will only be useful a very, very small percentage of the time, as opposed to having cards in your hand that you can use under conditions you yourself can bring about? The only time I load up on parry cards is when trying to build an effective mirror deck with preventive trussing and other things that allow me to generate a ton of mirrors, set up mirror gallery, smash them, revive them and smash them all over again. Even then, they take up a lot of space.

Some of the new cards look decent, but apparently dice have been weakened at some point not too long ago. Good idea, but now they might be -too weak. I notice Ancient Time still appears to be overly strong.

I will have to try that sea salt thing, Dark.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-08-08 15:34:23

Also don't forget to look at the keywords for cards. As said, there's a way to use a crushing card from rock with a bunch of foot cards from fighting. I have a pretty scary pure flying deck that relies on a whole bunch of wind cards. I keep forgetting the card's name, but there is an attack card that grows stronger for all the wind cards you have played before, and that includes itself so as battles go on I can do crazy magic damage. By adding the aeromancer posture, and building a defense out of frenetic flight and bounce that allows me to buy time while my levels boost for my nastier stuff and not take too heavy damage I've built the deck around wind.

Some parries are admittedly useless or close to it, but some have a more general application and they can be pretty good.

2019-08-08 16:11:05

Yes. In fact, status and stat cards are extremely common, and you are definitely not wasting time parying. Maybe slightly less but still very common is manipulation, and three out of four I have mentioned here are parryed with a level 0 card. Ancient time? Status. All the ground stuff decreasing your success? Stat. Mirrors? Manipulation if you use mirror throw. That's just three common things. There are many, many more. Preventive trussing allows you to quickly draw them, and once you do you can just continue using your deck normally. The wind card you are talking about is I believe increasing wind, however could be slightly different in the English version but you get the point. Now, for added damage, combine your flying deck with a ground type. You don't need a lot, just energetic mining to easily boost your attack, prospecting to draw that card easily, and possibly 1 or 2 ground attacks just to gain ground level easier even though you don't need a high level, and you are basing that deck mainly around flying. Either a few attacks, or ground simbol to raise the level an dig out to draw a ground card. That combo is very good, and your talent is also great, but with that also add the clear skyes environment and you have a deck that works really well in anything below about 700 HP or so. Of course, it does not work that well  in a 30 HP battle but that's not it's purpose.

2019-08-08 16:26:44

Pragma, or whoever is trying to balance the experience, is trying really, really hard to sell us on a dragon-flying deck. lol

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-08-08 16:31:59

here is an other deck that can be useful
it took me 2 mins to make it after a dude cliamed that fire is bad but here it gos
snakebite 4 snake bite, "dark" type, the launcher's posture must be either "fire snake, muddy snake or basilisk", follows the number 3, 1 physical power, has a level 1 critical hit, 100 % success, the target has a 100 % chance of becoming +1 in poison, for about 1 turns, (dark, mouth, fang, contact, static, status, offensive, physical)
allumage 2 lighting, "fire" type, requires the launcher to be "fire" type, 100 % success, The launcher's type level is modified by 1, has a passive effect in the hand (+1 power on "fire" launched attacks, ), (fire, type, passive effect)
symboleFeu 2 fire symbol, "fire" type, 100 % success, The launcher gets 2 "fire symbol" cards in their hand, has a passive effect in the hand (+1 power on "major symbol" launched attacks, +2 power on "major symbol" received attacks), (fire, minor symbol, passive effect)
paniqueEnflammee 1 fire panic, "fire" type, works following the launcher's "fear" status, 4 physical power, can hit up to 5 times, has a level 1 critical hit, 90 % success, (fire, panic, contact, critical risk, physical, offensive, multi-hit)
evaporation 1 evaporation, "fire" type 1, works as a parry against a "water" card, 85 % success, The launcher gets 1 "evaporation" cards in their hand, The launcher can't draw during 2 turns, (fire, parry)
surchauffe 4 overheat, "fire" type 2, 100 % success, the launcher has a 100 % chance of becoming +3 in special attack, for about 2 turns, in 2 turns the launcher has a 100 % chance of becoming +2 in burning, -2 in freezing, for about 2 turns, (fire, critical risk, stat, status)
rayonEvaporateur 4 evaporator ray, "fire" type 4, follows the number of "water" cards in the target's hand, 4 magical power, 100 % success, the target has a 100 % chance to put 1 card "water" into their exile, (fire, ray, magical, offensive, manipulation)
chaleurEtouffante 2 oppressive heat, "fire" type 5, 100 % success, Changes the environment to "oppressive heat" (+3 power on "fire" launched attacks, -3 power on "ice" launched attacks, -2 power on "water" launched attacks, -1 power on "grass" launched attacks), (fire, environment)
fireSnake 2 fire snake, "fire" type 6, 100 % success, The launcher takes the "fire snake" posture (+3 power on "fire" launched attacks, +2 power on "ground" launched attacks, +1 power on "mouth" launched attacks, +1 power on "contact" launched attacks, +1 power on "poison" launched attacks, +3 power on "rock" received attacks, +3 power on "ground" received attacks, +2 power on "water" received attacks), (fire, posture)
extraHot 4 extra hot, "fire" type 7, the environment must be "oppressive heat", 100 % success, The launcher has a 100 % chance of getting +3 power on "fire" launched attacks, -1 power on "water" received attacks, for about 4 turns, (fire, temporary effect)
puissanceBrulante 2 burning power, "fire" type 8, works following the launcher's "burning" status, 100 % success, the launcher has a 100 % chance of becoming +1 in special attack, for about 4 turns, (fire, stat)
lanceFlamme 4 flamethrower, "fire" type 10, 15 magical power, 100 % success, the target has a 15 % chance of becoming +1 in burning, for about 2 turns, (fire, magical, offensive)
fireDefense 2 fire defense, "fire" type 11, 100 % success, the launcher has a 100 % chance of becoming -4 in burning, for about 8 turns, The launcher has a 100 % chance of getting -8 power on "fire" received attacks, -4 power on "bug" received attacks, -4 power on "grass" received attacks, -4 power on "ice" received attacks, -4 power on "fighting" received attacks, -2 power on "water" received attacks, -2 power on "dragon" received attacks, for about 8 turns, (fire, temporary effect, status)
deflagration 4 fire blast, "fire" type 18, 20 magical power, has a level 1 critical failiure, 100 % success, the target has a 25 % chance of becoming +1 in burning, for about 2 turns, (fire, explosion, magical, offensive)
eruption 2 eruption, "fire" type 20, 30 magical power, 80 % success, the launcher has a 100 % chance of becoming -3 in special attack, for about 4 turns, (fire, surge, magical, offensive, stat)
fireballVolley 2 fireball volley, "fire" type 20, 6 magical power, can hit up to 5 times, 100 % success, the target has a 10 % chance of becoming +1 in burning, for about 1 turns, (fire, projectile, magical, offensive, multi-hit)
souffleDeFeu 2 fire breath, "fire" type 25, 20 magical power, 100 % success, the target has a 50 % chance of becoming +1 in burning, for about 2 turns, (fire, wind, magical, offensive)
symboleVermine 2 vermin symbol, "bug" type, 100 % success, The launcher gets 2 "vermin symbol" cards in their hand, has a passive effect in the hand (+1 power on "major symbol" launched attacks, +2 power on "major symbol" received attacks), (bug, minor symbol, passive effect)
esquiveSurnaturelle 1 supernatural dodge, "bug" type, works as a parry against a "projectile" card, 85 % success, The launcher gets 1 "supernatural dodge" cards in their hand, The launcher can't draw during 2 turns, (bug, parry)
toileGluante 2 sticky web, "bug" type 6, 100 % success, the target has a 100 % chance of becoming -2 in success, for about 4 turns, (bug, stat, offensive)
pheromoneDeSurvie 2 survival pheromone, "bug" type 6, 70 % success, the launcher has a 100 % chance to take 2 card "bug" from their discard pile, (bug, manipulation)
injectionDePollen 4 injection of pollen, "bug" type 10, 75 % success, 100 % chance of changing the target's type into "grass", (bug, contact, support, offensive, type)
insectric 1 insectric, "bug" type 13, requires the launcher to be "bug" type, 80 % success, 100 % chance of changing the launcher's type into "electric", (bug, type)
symbolePensees 2 thought symbol, "psychic" type, 100 % success, The launcher gets 2 "thought symbol" cards in their hand, has a passive effect in the hand (+1 power on "major symbol" launched attacks, +2 power on "major symbol" received attacks), (psychic, minor symbol, passive effect)
precalcul 4 precalculus, "psychic" type 1, 100 % success, the launcher has a 100 % chance of becoming +4 in success, for about 4 turns, (psychic, stat)

2019-08-08 18:09:23

Oh some parries are good I agree, other times I've had parries that just plane don't work, with water mirror I was not frozen, stunned or anything else and had levels in water, indeed I used to have that in a pure water deck, I think the only time I ever saw it activate was by blue ray or red ray from the steel deck.

I totally agree about extra draw cards being good though again your often dependent upon type, since some types like normal have more manipulation cards than others.

Still I haven't got used to all of the cards yet and what they all do, particularly in types I haven't tried to build a deck for.

2019-08-09 07:38:13

Hey guys. I have some problem regarding the online play. I started having this problem just now. When ever I try to check the central server, I can't find it. Did the server restarted or something?

Hurt me with the truth, but never comfort me with lies

2019-08-09 08:37:04

I noticed the same thing. I hope the server comes back online soon.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2019-08-09 23:19:10

so what exactly does unlocking bots in the battle quest mode do? It doesn't appear to do anything special. Can you play with these bots or something?

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2019-08-09 23:21:23

No.
For now you only can ear it's sound, read it's little story and view it's deck.

Cristian.

2019-08-09 23:59:03

Regarding the central server, I do think it would be a good idea to have a backup or two. Even RTR had that. I can see why the functionality was restricted, so that everybody and their brother would quit making non-working servers for the lolz, but we definitely don't want to be put into a situation where there's only one server which can go down at any time. Ah, use the old p2p versions, you say? Not until this bug gets fixed where they won't sync, and people end up getting kicked even though they've pressed enter, but the server doesn't recognize that. It's no fun if you have to constantly kick someone, especially because, as I said in a previous post, you don't want to be known as that asshole who kicks people, even though there is a legit reason for it in this case.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-08-10 01:49:08 (edited by Chris 2019-08-10 03:47:40)

Well, my server is running at christopherw.me port 2500. If Pragma or who ever is managing the server list would like to have a backup/alternate server, feel free to add it to the list. It is up nearly all the time unless the Linode crashes or I reboot it. Even if I do a reboot, it may only be down for a few minutes. Linode rocks! I can't believe how well it works! I'm paying $5 a month, and it's hosting a bunch of audio game servers and some other things.

2019-08-10 05:34:35

one of the most useful parry cards is natural missthrut. I can parry cards that makes you junk cards, but also can stop a los of the most strong cards like flower ray, sinfony o the fores, sab torrent, the tentacle, the void ghost cards, just to menssion some

2019-08-10 13:41:19

Hello.

Please, will be Czech language too? when is Polish language, I am hopefull the game will be in Czech.

Thanks.

Best regards

Vojta.

2019-08-10 13:56:27

Hi. Somebody has to contribute and translate the game. If you have anybody who's good in English, ask them to translate the game and it can definitely be done.

2019-08-10 15:34:08

OK.

Can I try to translate it? I have linux, but translating some texts from english to Czech wouldn't be problem. I think, I can try it. but I don't iknow how.

thanks.

Best regards

Vojta.

2019-08-10 16:09:34

Do you use Skype? Our main translation group is on Skype. If not, I suppose you can discuss about an alternative way with Pragma.

2019-08-10 17:46:50 (edited by Corona 2019-08-10 17:48:11)

Comunication with pragma use to be throug skype anywai. I think it is important that he joins to the translation group, sometimes we clarify things and make some coments about the strings. I'm one of the spanish translators, BTW

2019-08-10 18:09:45

Yep, agree. I'm translating the game to Serbian. It's much more convenient to be in the Skype group, since as soon as new strings are ready they will be sent there.