2018-12-24 16:53:31

Hi,
I've downloaded this game now. It is quite interesting, just searching for a manual which will teach me shortcuts of this game. I will ask questions after I play it.

Thanks for reading my post.

Thumbs up

2018-12-25 03:34:51

I don't get how the battle system works exactly. If I reached the end of an arena and unlock a new one, I have to play through the arenas multiple times in order to get all the cards. They seem to level up, so the enemies get new cards in each stadium. But I can't use older cards in my hand i could use before, or can use them only under certain circumstances. But is it randomly selected wich cards are useable and when? I thought first it depends on wich type I am or I change to, but that seems not to be the case.

Thumbs up

2018-12-25 04:14:53

Yeah the cards are chosen randomly, but you can build a deck of cards from what you have up to 60 cards per deck and those will be randomly chosen.

Thumbs up

2018-12-25 14:00:43

It is up to 80 cards.

Thumbs up

2018-12-25 22:27:45

What are the bots in battle mode? I have played some of it but havn't encountered any yet.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2018-12-26 01:01:26

You battle them to progress through the gym.

Thumbs up

2018-12-26 23:43:48

How do I get more points in the card mode? I play through an arena to get over my maximum high score but it doesn't work well. Does the score depend on the cards you use?
And another thing is, can you get allies in offline mode as well, wich will be AI controlled in this case? And if yes, how do I get allies?

Thumbs up

2018-12-27 00:53:16 (edited by turtlepower17 2018-12-27 00:57:29)

No, you only get points based on whether or not you beat your opponent or not. I agree that this is really annoying, especially when you beat the grand councel and only get one gem to show for it.

Also, the way I deal with death messages is by turning speech off in NVDA. Luckily, it's a simple keystroke, insert S, and then once I've completed that game, I turn it back on so that I know which game is coming up next. I don't remember whether or not JAWS has a similar command to this, but I don't think so. I know it would be better if there was an official keystroke to toggle the death messages off and on ideally, but that doesn't seem to be happening, so I work with what I've got.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-12-27 01:28:38

Hmm, okay. But I beat the opponents of an arena multiple times but the points don't get more for the arena, i first thought they would be added to the current score. So I have to collect all cards of a certain arena type to get further or is only relevant that I unlock a certain number of arena types? A help system in the game or a documentation would be helpfull. And what about the allies? Are they only available online or also offline as AI controlled? And if that is the case, how do I get them?

Thumbs up

2018-12-27 08:17:42

You get the same amount of points no matter how many times you beat an arena. I am not a fan of this. It's basically the equivalent of grinding until you obtain all the cards, although I have to admit that the reward isn't nearly enough to justify that. As for allies, as far as I know, you can only have them in online play. What I'm not clear on, since I avoid battle servers, is whether or not you have to be in teams in order to use a card that will help an ally, or if you can do it with any human player as long as there are bots present.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-12-27 15:54:51

Ah okay. I think having allies offline would be cool as well. Maybe it gets added in a newer version. That could be interesting if I and my opponent can have them in offline play as well.

Thumbs up

2018-12-27 16:02:14

You can play a team offline battle from the rewards room for 6 gems. However, it will not be so useful for you right now until you unlock some cards.

Thumbs up

2018-12-27 19:33:10

that sounds interesting. So it is still good to unlock cards? I am unlocking some actually, meaning that I defeated my opponents in some arenas and picked some cards of the type i defeated. Or do I have to unlock special cards? Would be cool if there are arenas in wich you can get to 100 Points. I unlocked the normal, the flying, the fighting and the gras type till yet.

Thumbs up

2018-12-27 22:05:31

The best way to actually unlock cards is to play the grand council over and over, that's what I did. But I had to build a strong deck first. I picked a bug/dark deck, and virtually nothing stood against it. There are lots of other good ones though.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up

2018-12-27 23:00:34

I've used a combination of ice and normal for the most part to beat the grand councel, but sometimes there are opponents which aren't such a great match for that. I like the bug/dark suggestion. Those are both types whose cards I didn't use very much except when beating arenas in which using a pure deck of either one would be the best choice. As I've said before, I'm not very good at building decks.

2018-12-28 01:51:27

Oh, looks like I have still a far way to go to get to the grand council. I have unlocked the bug arena just yet. But it is fun to discover ever new enemies and card and arena types, some more challenging and some less challenging than others.

Thumbs up

2018-12-28 03:35:13

Is it possible to switch the speech synthesizer between a screen reader and Sapi? Would be nice to have that in the options as well as changing speech rate, pitch and such in the game directly. And just a question out of interest: Are there even monster cards available, similar to the monster cards in Yu gi O for example? I saw just effect cards and weapon cards as well as a few magic cards till yet.

Thumbs up

2018-12-28 19:09:16

Hey. We played with my friend, i was ghost and he was normal type. There are immunity cards in each for the other type. We played at least 80 turns, with just clicking on the attack card, and receiving the parry sound. In the end, we ended up with a draw, when we all had 5 immunity against the other cards in our hand. Can you please think a bit ower these parry cards? E.g. put a parry above the deck or something like that to avoid 80-100-hundreds of parry rounds without any action.

Thumbs up

2018-12-28 20:34:29

My bug-dark deck does several things, Turtlepower.
There are a bunch of low to mid-level dark attacks for damage, including 4 Bloody Scratch, which is a weak attack that causes bleed. I picked stuff like Faint Attack, Bite and Crunch because they're all damage; also, Faint Attack can't miss, I don't think. I've got Enlarge Sore in order to do big damage and double the amount of blood in a person's hand. I have Midnight Ring in case I just want to jack up my stats to do bigger damage. And then there's the bug half. I have Injection of Pollen to turn you into a grass type, a bunch of Royal jelly and Honey Treatment to heal me, plus a bunch of attacks like Pin Missile, Poison Sting, Leech Life and, arguably most importantly, Bloody Meal. Nothing like doing huge damage to a bleeding foe and then getting your health right back. Once this gets set up it's very, very hard to stop unless an opponent has parries against blood cards, and even then, I can still do decent damage. A strong steel deck can counter this pretty hard.
There are obviously more levels of this, but that's the main thrust. I think I stuck Bloody Panic and the terror card in there too, so I can make you bleed a lot, then terrify you and do huge damage while you're scared.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up

2018-12-28 21:56:12

@Niklas I don't think there is but you can just
use Sapi with a screen reader.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

Thumbs up

2018-12-28 23:18:23 (edited by Niklas 2018-12-28 23:55:58)

Ah okay. And how can I get the game to use another speech engine other than my screen reader? BTW: If they aren't already there, it would be cool to have monster cards in the game as well. Would be a nice addition i imagine.

Thumbs up

2018-12-29 01:06:28

Thanks Jade, that's very helpful.

No, you can't switch screen readers from within the game. However, I tested just now to see what would happen if you ran it without a screen reader active, and it does indeed use your computer's default Sappi voice. There is still no way to change that voice from within the game though.

2018-12-29 18:25:49

Hi all!
I'm posting just to say that I've unlocked the space world, and that I'm loving it! The funniest minigames so far. Keep up the great work.

Thumbs up

2018-12-30 00:15:14

Hello. So first. nice game. and now my question. Please. how can I use these saved coins? I have 1500 coins now. and second, I hope that you can add better steps sounds, and more more worlds. hahaha.

Thumbs up

2018-12-30 10:38:04

Hi
At Kratos: you can't use coins at this moment. They just represent your experience. We all hope that coins will mean something more in the future. Happy playing

Thumbs up