2016-05-24 20:02:26

i totaly agree about lags... now the game just makes me angry cuz rockets are usualy enough to destroy someone because you can't avoid them...
about jets, for me it's useless right now. i wish it could turn by degree, not 90 degrees. also looking around with the p key is buggy, you see everything from your direction when you got into a jet, and when you turn a jet... let's say, camera direction doesn't changes, only your movement, but not the view. that's why you can't kill someone from it.
one more thing. desttroying jets. i understand, it's well armed etc., but a good burst from the machinegun should blow it up, you know. i don't even say about a rocket or two... but problem with them is that everyone has all weapons at the beginning. yeah, it's good, you're some kind of death machine right after your respawn, but that could be much more interesting if you had to find weapons. or, of course, buy them.
well, i'll also use my chance and ask you guys a pair of questions:
1. can you explode by stepping on your own mine?
2. what is a pipe bombs and what's the difference with grenades?
3. how do claimores work? do they beep when someone's nearby? never heard a sound or a message about someone stepping on it.
dam scorp with his long posts...

we are the strongest! we are the weapon of the force! we are one!
my name is darth scorp!

2016-05-24 20:44:14 (edited by hamada 2016-05-25 17:03:31)

Hello, Good work so far Sam; it is a perfect thing for me because it's stil a beta v, and nothing is alright yet, but hopefully they wil be soon.
First, about writing the game with an other lenguige: saying this is easy, but doing it is an other thing; we all know Sam is using BGT and this is his chois, switching to an other lenguige like C, or python wil take alot of time, and the dev has to lern, read, and also practis. Do you guys think Sam reached the top of BGT in one night? the answer is no of course. He tested, and made errors, but he fixed them, not just Sam, but every developer is like that.
Also all peopl are saying BGT is a bag of problems, what BGT can do for you if you are not able to fix them?; thinking is the best way to fix, and saying the problem is from the lenguige won't give you the solution; it wil destroy you insted.
Yeah, sometimes can really be a problem from the script because this is a system even with python there are problems as you call them, but me I don't call them problems because they can be fixed.
Second, the difference between the grenads, and the pipe bomb is: the pipe bomb like a time bomb has a range, and it takes a lital time to explode; in the other hand the grenad you must shoot it directly to the target to kill them; otherwise, they won't die, and you'll luse your grenade in the air.
Finally, the claimore, or we can call  it a remote bomb: you can set it wherever you want then use the claimore remote to let it boom, an other thing if your health is low, and you wanna die,  I'd recommend you to put a mine then step on it, and tell me what wil happen!.
Keep the good work! greetings.

2016-05-24 20:48:16 (edited by sito 2016-05-24 20:50:36)

hi!
@post 101
yeah if you stepp on your own mine it will explode, the difrense between grenades and pybombs is that after you throw a pybomb and it land it will take 3 seconds for it to explode and it have more damage then a grenade.
i'v also found that sometimes when you are in afk players, robot and progectiles can still hitt you.

2016-05-24 20:49:33

hey Sam,

The game is cool, it is fun to play, and I enjoy it. well I would but right now it isn't possible to play and have fun. there are so many lag issues with the game right now it is unplayable. it is a fun game, but that pretty much all goes out the window when it lags like it is. you can't even play, the game is built so you need to jump to move around quick, but the second you do you can say goodbye to your ping. then you die cause the server has no idea you moved when you are actually 100 tiles away from your position the server thinks you are at. and there isn't really any point in playing a PVP game where you can't do PVP. and that's not to mention the spam you get from game messages when people use the lag to use 10 item grabbers all at once and you get 10 messages completely flooding your reader. it is really unplayable right now. there are small moments of non lag, but it always comes back. It sucks cause I'd like to play the game, I do enjoy it but I don't how someone can have a good time playing when it is a consistent ping over 2k, or 5k, or straight up ping lost. and dying when you have ping lost is not enjoyable. and it's not just me, most of the chat is nothing but people saying lag lag lag, it's a major problem that you just can't play through. seems the ones who enjoy playing with the lag are those who use it to cheat and use more items then they have. I know when you get online it might not lag, but ya can't base it off that when it does all the other time.

2016-05-24 20:56:45

but i must agree with post 100. don't about the lagg but about the secure thing about bgt, it's easy for cheaters to cheat a game who is writed in bgt then in other languages. for example if sam wrote stw in an other language he shouldn't have so much problems with cheaters like now.

2016-05-24 21:17:50 (edited by hamada 2016-05-24 22:32:17)

Hay dude you're using a pc, and a system: cheating always can be found even if STW was with an other lenguige or not, the cheat wil stay.
Tell me! you know Swamp, and you know also it's coded with Python, but why the dev made it payed? absolutly because of cheaters. When anywon wanna write a program they must put in there brains the idea that: this thing wil go to many users, and also they can crack it, or cheat it, thus, not just BGT is only the house of cheat, but it depends on how the dev wil deal with those security things, and wich ideas they can impruve.

2016-05-24 21:26:12

hi!
you have a point but the fact is still that bgt is not the best language to code in because there is so many buggs in the language. all buggs are not only in the code. it's not only the code's fault that cheaters can cheat, also the language matter. anyway i don't see so much cheat in redspot like in stw, i know that sam fixed a cehat yesterday.
for me the most bigg problem is the lagg and the horns. they are blasting my ears so much so i want to leave the game because that.

2016-05-24 22:09:46

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please! please!  remove horns!

2016-05-24 22:27:22 (edited by hamada 2016-05-24 22:38:42)

Well Sam can just include an option wich turn those horns on, or off and it wil be fine like the flairs in STW, but I guess he is trying to work in a beter thing like the lag, and the horns are easy to find for them a solution, unfortunately  the lag is not easy to track it.

2016-05-24 23:52:24

Hi guys. So, I know theres been a lot of complaints about lag lag lag lag lag lag lag and let's just keep spamming the lag for the next 10 minutes because it's totally gonna fix the problem just by saying lag lag lag lag lag lag. 3 people have to say it and I get it. Lol. Anyway... I'm working on it. Ok, time to go off topic. Thank you hamata for actually considering other languages. I know I will always get critisized about using BGT, but teh point is, and i'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but unless you have used it  alot in your own, I repete your own, programs, you don't know how bad BGT is. And if you do, it's because someone just told you once and you then hate the language. I know i'm probably sounding a bit harsh. But BGT is not the reason for cheats. Yes, there are a couple things in bgt that suck in terms of secutiry, but guess what? It's not just bgt's bad and bgt's terible, you know the autoit language? Yeah, i'm sure a lot of people have used it. Well, currently the download page is down, but theres a script you can run, and all the code in the autoit language is decompiled to the original source. You can't do that in BGT. It's just an example guys. It's never the computer or what your using, that truely causes mass unsecurity. It's the person coding. Rather, it's everyone that codes. It's impossible to clear out all cheats. You know windows loaders? Oh, wait, windows isn't coded in BGT so... Heard of cheat engine that lets you speed hack and mod the variable values of a lot more than BGT? Yeah. With that i'll get off this, but please know that it's not BGT's fault. You know there is a way to get NVDA remote keys, right? I havn't done it, don't even know how, but i've scene it been done. And when I talk to the developer, they instantly blame it on my setup and security with out even giving as much as a glance at there code. That's in python. So please, lets talk about issues with the game here, not about how just becaus i'm using BGT it's completely insecure which is a complete lie. Anyway, back to the lag lag lag lag lag lag lag lag lag. I'm doing all I can guys. Remember, this is just a beta. Please make sure you read the topic name. No, i'm not using it as an excuse, rather as a way to say hey, expect tuns of issues right now. It's a public beta. Anyway, I guess all I can say is i'm working on it.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2016-05-25 00:12:45

i appreciate  all your doing sam. is it possible to turn the jet if your in neutral? also could we drive the robots?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2016-05-25 01:21:09

Can we please have another way to turn off all the chat and kill messages? I can't even check players near me. I can't use the function keys on a laptop

2016-05-25 02:06:16

for me, the lag isn't much. There are the times when it gets laggey, but not much for me. I use mobile data almost 100 % of the time, and theirs not much problem.

stw is a game i play sometimes. If you would like to check it out, go to
http://www.samtupy.com

2016-05-25 02:24:07

ok, i'd just like to chip in on the lag thing. and for sam's sake, it's on his side. sorry guys, but i've spent hours on the game, and very, very few times, have i lagged much more then 600 ms. usually it's somewhere between 200 and 400. so i'm sorry, but this whole things of huge lag, isn't the game i don't think. sure, there's always going to be way to improve on the games lag. but i actually think it's the connections coming in, that are lagging. now mine seems to have a good path to sam's server, and maintains it well. other on the other hand, may not have such a good connection. and by the way. before somebody starts spouting off about how good their connection is, 100 mbps and so on, that' means nothing. nothing you hear me? lol. ultimatly, you could have internet into the gigs, it wouldn't help you if the path from you to the server, is a broken and bad one. broken or slow connections from point to point, can mess up a connection to a server, no matter how good your net is. and for those complaining about such things, i'm only on a 7 mb connection, ADSL. yet i can most of the time, avoid rockets and such. not always, and not always totally, but usually enough to survive. so internet speed has little to do with this. i am just one of the ones that appears to have a good run into sam's server is all.

ok, as for jets. there are several things broken, not just volume. you can't, for example, review your messages. you can seem to, but it  doesn't update the buffers from before you were in the jet. they stay stuck and static till you're out of the jet again
it seems that being in the jet stops most commands working in fact.

loving the new sound directionals sam. awesome stuff. it's really more like a war zone now, hearing shots in the distance and all. so much more fun to play.

ok, as for the horns. don't really see why they are in there at all, as they don't appear to do anything outside make the noises. but perhaps, as they are a horn, and you're blowing it where you are, should they not also be directional and distance based? again, much like the gunfire and such, you should not be hearing somebody blasting them off continually, if you're nowhere near them.

sam, perhaps you could list what sort of ranges each weapon type has. it's hard to tell just how far away you have to be to shoot somebody, when you don't even know the range of the weapons. lol.

and yes, i have to say, again, like sam has said, and others, keep in mind this is, a, beta. guys, if something is in beta, please don't complain when things go wrong. such as yesterday, when sam was working on the update to sounds, and we were getting all those errors. yet people were coming on, and going, please stop this, it makes the game totally unplayable, ETC. well, yes, it might. but this is a beta. things will, not might, will, go wrong. things will break. things will be buggy. you will die because of lag. you will die, simply cause you didn't hit the space key 5 milliseconds before you did so. you will die because you were simply to slow. stop complaining about dieing guys, it's the whole point of this game! rofl. you die. so what. get yourself up, reattach your arms and legs, oh, and your head too, if you want, and get out there and shooting some more! the whole point of this game is to shoot, and be shot at. you don't like this sort of game, perhaps you should not be playing it?
your reactions have to be fast. your senses alert. fingers loaded up with Caffeine. ahaha.

2016-05-25 03:27:28 (edited by hamada 2016-05-25 03:44:45)

Hi keba, I'm sure the problem is not my connection; yeah, there are some players have a connection problems really, but me my net is fine, the server of red spot I guess it is the same in STW, so could you tell me why my ping there is from 75 til 96, and in red spot from 200 til ping lost; maybe you wil say 200 is good, but for me is a horrible lag, and to be onest there are some peopl don't play the game in a compleet way; if you are just walking, or staying in the same tile and firing rockets, for sure this won't give you any lag, tri to jump, fire with guns, and change directions, and tell me the resultes!.
By the way, not just me who's saying lag! thanks god! there are mor than 20 players are doing as Sam said lag lag lag lag, so from those 20 players no one has at leest a good net?
Actualy the lag it stops just in a moment: when Sam enter to the server, and we are all know why because all the players stop playing, and just start sending messages.
And yeah it is a beta, and I said that many times before, but peopl must talk because it's a publick beta, and I'm sure Sam did this publick to get mor bugs, and if peopl won't talk why he should gave it out then? to make the game beter and beter, if i found a cheat for exampl, or a bug should I keep it for my self?, for me no, I wil say it to be fixed; yeah I'm with you there are some peopl  just like spaming, but not all of them.
Sorry if you didn't like my stile of replying, but I just tried to let the things clear for you, and not all 20 players are lying.

2016-05-25 05:06:04

Sam_Tupy wrote:

Hi guys. So, I know theres been a lot of complaints about lag lag lag lag lag lag lag and let's just keep spamming the lag for the next 10 minutes because it's totally gonna fix the problem just by saying lag lag lag lag lag lag. 3 people have to say it and I get it. Lol. Anyway... I'm working on it. Ok, time to go off topic. Thank you hamata for actually considering other languages. I know I will always get critisized about using BGT, but teh point is, and i'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but unless you have used it  alot in your own, I repete your own, programs, you don't know how bad BGT is. And if you do, it's because someone just told you once and you then hate the language. I know i'm probably sounding a bit harsh. But BGT is not the reason for cheats. Yes, there are a couple things in bgt that suck in terms of secutiry, but guess what? It's not just bgt's bad and bgt's terible, you know the autoit language? Yeah, i'm sure a lot of people have used it. Well, currently the download page is down, but theres a script you can run, and all the code in the autoit language is decompiled to the original source. You can't do that in BGT. It's just an example guys. It's never the computer or what your using, that truely causes mass unsecurity. It's the person coding. Rather, it's everyone that codes. It's impossible to clear out all cheats. You know windows loaders? Oh, wait, windows isn't coded in BGT so... Heard of cheat engine that lets you speed hack and mod the variable values of a lot more than BGT? Yeah. With that i'll get off this, but please know that it's not BGT's fault. You know there is a way to get NVDA remote keys, right? I havn't done it, don't even know how, but i've scene it been done. And when I talk to the developer, they instantly blame it on my setup and security with out even giving as much as a glance at there code. That's in python. So please, lets talk about issues with the game here, not about how just becaus i'm using BGT it's completely insecure which is a complete lie. Anyway, back to the lag lag lag lag lag lag lag lag lag. I'm doing all I can guys. Remember, this is just a beta. Please make sure you read the topic name. No, i'm not using it as an excuse, rather as a way to say hey, expect tuns of issues right now. It's a public beta. Anyway, I guess all I can say is i'm working on it.

and that's not all. guys, we should apreciate the game. sam is working on it atleast since 2 months if since not more time. let's be honest guys. this game had this progress in just 2 months,  which totally rocks.
regarding the lag, well, it's very easy to say lag lag lag lag, but what the hell guys? why aren't you going then to begin to make a program by yourself to realize that's not so easy to fix that.
at msa: man, what about adding an account system so no one can impersonate other people, well, this name idea is more simple and cool, but it could be totally unsecure because these bad hackers are going to impersonate like someone who did that to you which i'm not mentioning publically.
and i have a  little question. where di you take  that music from the main menu? because it's really awesome

2016-05-25 08:21:14

@117, Sam got it from a friend (who I'm not going to name) who, coincidentally, is the only person with access to that server.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2016-05-25 09:00:08

er, ethin, if your talking about the main menu music I got it from a music lib I have. Sorry but we never talk so you can never be that sure of whare I get my music. Anyway...

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2016-05-25 09:02:17

I like the account idea

2016-05-25 09:04:05

It should be bettr if we could register your email when you create a accounte

2016-05-25 09:49:51

Hey sam, I strongly advise removing voice chat. Basically what you can do is hold down v for a time, then spam the enter key on items. Only for testing purpices I tried this and got 3000 health and 300 shielded shots that way.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2016-05-25 13:19:30

What? removing if I don't talk that way?

73 Wj3u

2016-05-25 16:06:16

hi
so now when i'm on my pc i will spesify my post 121.
i have thought about this idea for some time now and i think i will mention it here.
sam, we all know that you have problem with cheaters. if they are constantly cheating and you band them they should don't  be able to download something from you.
so i thought about a account system similar to aprone's.
you will create a account at samtupy.com whitch is for all sam's game. if you download and want to play redspot or stw you have to log in with this account . so if you visit samtupy.com and want to play some of his games or upload a podcast you have to create a samtupy account. now to the bennifit of this idea. wile you have the email registerd when you create the account  and you will chuse a username when you create the account and when you log in to stw or redspot you will use your samtupy account. so if you cheat sam will know who you are easyer and the best thing is that he can band your email so you wont be able to download, play or purchase in stw store. also you can fix so it will be complecated to create a account at samtupy.com and also if you created a account you can't change your username. i know that the downside of this idea is that cheaters will recreate the account as soon as possible and that's why you sam, should make the account creating complicated. also when you download a update from samtupy.com you must type your email and password. i think this idea can decrease some cheat in your games and you will be able to see easyer who is cheating because that player can't change his or her username and also noone can take a name from an other person.
is this not a good idea?
if cheaters cheating your game sam and you band them they shouldn't be able to download and play your produkts .

2016-05-25 16:26:10

this idea can also stopp people from spamming when they are bord.

2016-05-25 17:29:16

There are many mail survices that you can use to sign up to some sights so you don't get spam, one example from the top of my head is spaminator. And also, if you did that, then each person could only have one account unless they used a diferent email on each one. And I'm not sure how much it would help, anyway, for stw what we have is already quite fine and for redspot ... well, sam made it so you just sign up and play,, clearly if he wanted sepret accounts he would have made a account password system at least, but he didn't want that.
But lets see what the developer thinks.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!