2016-05-21 00:56:49

Wow. nice game, and really good work. so Will be there somepacks? and really, It needs quicklyer fire. or, more weapons, like bonus or something.

2016-05-21 16:04:13

Hello!
I can't extract this archive. I think to zip file.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2016-05-21 23:10:54

Yes, because they're .pack files, similar to .dat files for many games. I believe they're encrypted.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2016-05-22 00:03:53

this game is grate.  i do remember the original verssion of this game and it was hard to play just like this one is as well.  the good part  is that atleast i can play this one as for the other i couldn't based on factors of corse not being able to see.   i can't really pass third stage and some attacks are difficult to master persay.   also in sounds, there are sounds that sound way like each other so it is hard sometimes to know what you're doing.   all and all its a grate title grate game awesome play and don't regret playing.   downloading etc.

2016-05-23 10:06:45

Hi all,
Thanks for your comments. I don't think I'll increase the default firing rate. I'm trying to make thisg ame as close as I can to Fardraut Densetsu, and this was it's default rate. I don't know about the rapid fire. Also Fardraut Densetsu was probably even more of a bullet hell than this is, so this firing rate should be enough for you.

I will be releasing a version later this week with an exciting new feature. It does change the gameplay a bit and goes far from what Fardraut Densetsu was, but it will definitely make it more fun to play.

A fight we cannot lose.
An enemy we cannot defeat.
A destiny we cannot escape.
Follow me on twitter @guilevi2000

2016-05-23 12:15:20

woo great, thanks.

2016-05-24 17:38:05

yes we will. it's going to be a great new feature. mwa ha ha ha

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2016-05-24 20:48:13

Hay Oriol, I'm sending you a PM shortly after posting this message.
It doesn't really have anything to directly do with VFB, but
1. PMing is hard here as their is no direct notification, and
2. It kind of does have something to loosely do with VFB as you'll see when you read my Pm.
speaking of VFB, I think I'll like the game once I sit down and really get into it.
I haven't been disappointed in any of your games yet; after all.
Later!

2016-05-26 05:57:19

Hi
I just answered to your pm about the voices.
You need to ask @guilevi2000 he is the one who made the bns voices.
smile

2016-05-28 00:08:53

Hay
guilevi.
I just sent you a PM, and am posting here to notify you of this fact as their is no other way to do so.
Later!

2016-05-28 23:59:30 (edited by threeblacknoises 2016-05-29 00:01:42)

Sorry for double posting again, but this will go away once it's pourpose has been surved.
Hay guilevi, I just responded to your PM.
Oriol, guilevi said you did the new menu voice for VFB.
I'd like you to do some lines in the VFB menu voice, unless you don't want to.
Please send me a PM if you'd be interested with details on how you want the lines.
It's only about five lines or so.
Later!

2016-06-01 06:17:53

This game is amazing! I love everything about it, makes me feel like I'm in an arcade.

2016-06-01 06:45:56

What voices? don't send pms here. send me an email. this thing is bad for notifications. just find my email on my site.

2016-06-05 15:06:38

Hi all,
We have just released a new version of the game with a very exciting new feature that will surely make your games more interesting. You will now be able to buy temary upgrades for your ship inbetween some levels. Check the manual for details.

Have fun, and thanks for playing!

A fight we cannot lose.

2016-06-05 15:08:35

I'm sure you'll love it... big_smile

2016-06-05 15:52:42

So I just found the store and it mentions something called extends. What are they? Also, how do you gain credits? And are the prices arbitrary? They seem that way but evenn when you buy more of something, the prices don't go up so they are somehow fixed also.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2016-06-05 16:32:09

Extends are what Xevious called extra lives. It is mentioned in the manual, I believe. The prices go up with every store session. About obtaining credits, you do that by completing levels and killing genesis motherships. Combos also give you a small amount.

Do you guys think it would be worth it to add a few more enemies now taht games could be longer than before?

A fight we cannot lose.

2016-06-05 18:32:07

Hi,

Let me first tell you that I really like this game, and it makes e spend more time playing than I probbly should at this time.

The new Version has a lot of nice Features, but some don't seem to work the way you planned. Some pointers don't seem to be rest propperly when you restart the game. For example my game ended with no lives left on Level 8. After that I started a new game and al of a sudden I had 12 lives. Another time I got a new livefor much less then the enitial 20000 poins after a new game restat. In the new shop not every item seems towork more than once. And the game crashed once when it tryed to open the new shop after Level 3 for the first time with an error message which read that some starting Levels were not correct. This error came only once though (the message was partly in Englsh and partly in Spanish, at least soit seemed).

I hope These reports help you ironing out some of thesebug, and keep up the good work. Take care!

2016-06-08 11:55:48

It would be cool to have an enemy that follows you and shuot at you if you pass him without killing him. Oh and an enemy able to shoot at you but that you don't have to shoot, else it divides into 2 enemies that if you shoot divides again in two etc. Just suggestions, I understand that this game is supposed to emulate an already exsisting game, so no problems if you want to keep it as similar as possible to the original!

2016-06-12 01:46:18

Heya, is it just me, or does everything slow down by a good bit when holding down the left and right arrows?

Not only that, but I've had some strange issues with extra lives popping in out of nowhere. It only resets properly after I completely exit the game it seems like, and not after I hit escape and go back to the main menu. Actually, the extra life count resets, but if I've bought extends, I'll end up getting a bunch all at once, as if my upgraded extends count doesn't actualy reset with each game while the program is running. If I knw how else to describe what I'm experiencing, I'd write more, but I think somebody else wrote with similar isues, so I'm going to sign out about it for the present.

Other than the above, this update was a great one. Thanks!

2016-06-14 00:32:55 (edited by Slender 2016-06-14 00:33:33)

Oh and by the way, try pressing q while you're playing. Not really an easter egg, but still.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-05-06 20:52:14

Hi all,
Sorry for bringing back up this topic, but I've made a playthrough of this game on my YouTube channel.
You can check it out by going to: https://youtu.be/q5L80zMF-Bs
And don't forget to like the video, to subscribe to my channel if you haven't done that yet, to turn on the nultifications for my channel and to follow me on twittr @audiogamer203.
Thanks for reading and enjoy the playthrough!

I'm just a random blind guy who trys to learn to code.

2021-05-03 00:59:15

This game is AWESOME! Thanks so much for writing it. Everything is perfect from the 8-bit feel to the game controls... You guys ROCK!

Just FYI, it is now available in my Audiogame-manager project so it can be played on Linux and Mac too.

So far I have made it to the mother ship on level 18 with a score a bit over six million. I have also made a walk through that goes to the end of level 6. In it, I sometimes refer to the ground turrets as towers, because of the heat of combat lol.

Oh, I was going to try to make a "Dragon Spirit, the New legend" pack for it, but the download for the example pack gives me a 404 page not found.

My games: https://stormgames.wolfe.casa
Support my work on Ko-fi

2021-05-03 01:30:49

Yeah sadly Oriol abandoned his BGt games, so most of the online content including the example pack doesn't really work. I still enjoy that game as well though, and if it uses the same encription as Beatstar there are good chances you could easily extract the default pack and learn how to make a pack that way, but some people like Pitermach did work on a pack at one point, so they might still have the example or could at least point you to the filenames used.

2021-05-03 02:24:36

Level 18? Gees lol

Personally I'm more a fan of the version of the game without the store (if anyone wants it let me know). Last I spoke to guilevi about it, he felt the same way, but that was during the testing phase. I didn't actually know the store made it to release.

But yeah the game is awesome anyways. I can never get enough games like that.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.