2016-05-14 15:22:09

I just finished challenge 14, damn this was hard, it took me several hours to finish it, I had to use like 5 switches to get everything going properly...

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2016-05-14 15:42:17

hi
maybe who can recording
level 1 2 and 3?
thanks

2016-05-14 16:32:29

hello
sswwaaiikkee
, ill make a recording today of how the game works, I dig it that much lol and wow man at the two players that made it to level 14 already, I'm stuck on 10, I think I understand what to do just was to tired last night to execute my idea

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2016-05-14 19:19:44

I was just loading up level 14 to remember how I solved it, so I could maybe give Nin some tips.  Next thing I know, he solved it!  big_smile  Well done man!

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to add more official levels, but I can say for sure that Kai already has 3 challenge maps that he is making custom sounds for.  I think his goal is to show off what is possible when a map maker chooses to use custom sounds, and to customize the game messages.  For those who may not know, if you open up a challenge map, it contains data like the language.txt files some of my other games use.  You can modify what everything is called so that the game fits with whatever theme you're going for.  Maybe you're redirecting a charging T-rex in Jurassic park trying to get it to eat raptors and avoid guests, or perhaps it's a soccer (american football) game where you're trying to avoid the rival players and reaching their goal.  If people want to give their puzzles some extra flair, the options are there.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2016-05-14 19:30:02

On the latest version, the toggle switches appear to be broken. They will toggle the setting, do so again on the next press, but will not change the track piece after that.

Also can I have a hint for mission 16? I am currently struggling.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2016-05-14 19:48:59

Stewie, I can't remember how I originally solved it, but I loaded it up to solve it again.  It took me 42 redirections!  haha!

Possible spoiler ahead for anyone wanting to do level 16 without even tiny bits of advice:
The trick I used myself was to first hit one of the starting switches since I knew I wouldn't want to figure that out at the end.  I also took time to power up more, even though you start with 30 energy.  Those debris spots can potentially take a lot of bouncing around, so I used a switch to block off the arm's exit, making sure it just bounced back and forth between the debris and a wall.  The last thing I wanted was for each bounce to go back through several winding steps, since it would need to repeat that path multiple times.  Partway through smashing my way through debris, I walled off the arm's exit again, and I used a recharge station instead of a normal wall.  That little boost near the end was what saved me from running out of power.  When all was done I headed straight for the corner I had raised from the starting switch, and that last rat's number was up.

I can't really remember how I did it the first time, but I do believe it was a more elegant and thought-out design.  This time around I felt like I was just smashing at the task like a hammer, when the first time I was trying to be very strategic about it.  I hope this helps while still being so vague that you have to still figure out how to actually do any of it.  big_smile

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-05-14 20:53:06

ok here is a tutorial of level one and the basics of the game. if you guys like it and want a more advance one that will speak about how switches work, and what the different track tiles and pieces do in the game, let me know and i'll be more than happy to make one
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlunodsoveh1k … l.m4a?dl=0

2016-05-14 20:54:41

aprone is the feature in the game now that we can customize our own maps for other players to play? seeing how you broke it down like that, I definitely want to make one, I already have some ideas

2016-05-14 21:07:23

Smoothgunner, just choose level editor on the main menu.  While working on your custom map, pressing Space will bring up a menu of map properties, including its name and description.  If you want to further customize the map with extra things like new sounds and messages, the readme.txt has some info on that.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-05-15 06:02:46

@smoothgunner, thanks so much for the tutorial.. This game was confusing the hell out of me. lol
I have a better understanding of it now, was able to pass level two by myself. Still don't understand the track switches though. Can anyone explain those to me?
I'm stuck on level three, cause there's two rats. I can kill the first one, but then I don't know how to place a piece where the rat is to make the arm go in the direction I want it to go in.. I obviously can't place a piece on the rat. lol
Thanks for any help... Great game Aprone, as always.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2016-05-15 09:35:58

hi.
@aprone I managed to do challenge 16 in 35 bounces of the arm, it is not that hard compared to the others. I activated the switches in the end making a full circle around the map. I find challenge 17 ridiculously easy, I guess it's there only to show how the claw works.
@staindaddict:
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
the best solution to complete level 3 is to manage to get at a4, you will kill all rats if you go east from there, you don't need switches for this level.
end of spoilers

Stephen King

2016-05-15 09:51:46

glad to know my tutorial helped man, it was a bit confusing for me at first so I feel your pain, I will make a guide on how to use the different switches, and minor tips and tricks for solving puzzles in the game

2016-05-15 13:34:17

ok here is tutorial#2 about switches and how they work
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0w2ci5xlh383 … s.m4a?dl=0

2016-05-15 14:43:22

Ugh. Level 8 is killing me. Seriously it's frustrating me to no end.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2016-05-15 15:48:41

Smoothgunner, this morning I figured I would take a quick listen to your first tutorial, just for the heck of it.  I've got to say, you did a great job man!  You are very easy to listen to, and I ended up listening to the second tutorial you posted too.  Nice work man!  big_smile

Nin, well done on level 16, and yeah, if it's the level I'm thinking of it was intentionally left rather easy to help introduce the claw.

Lol Liam, while it always brings me great joy hearing about the hair-pulling frustrations I have added into people's lives, I do wish you luck in defeating level 8.  smile

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-05-15 16:28:08

liam welcome to my world lol, as you can see on page 2 I also was stuck on level 8 for hours, I'm currently on level 12, and level 8 was still the hardest for me. here is a small hint, you are definitely going to need to put down a recharge station, recharge stations bring your battery life to around 14 energy. one more small hint, the map has 4corners, you are going to have to use 3 out of the 4 corners of the map and place down turn tiles, or as I call them bumpers (NW, n e, SW, SE)

2016-05-15 16:30:25

aprone no problem, I enjoy the game, and I want others to enjoy it as well, so anything I can do to help you can count on it, just keep up the good work......and the game that these developers are coming up with is getting more bazaar by the level, black jack rules, really man really lol

2016-05-15 19:21:39

Update posted.

Changes from 0.7 to 0.7b

- Fixed a few typos scattered around the game.
- Fixed a bug with the switch when set to "toggle" mode.  After raising a lowered piece, the switch would stop working.
- Locked tool exchange tiles were not having their name read, when players encountered them on custom made challenges.  That has been fixed.
- When assigning a switch to control another switch, the menu will no longer list itself as an option.  It was rather confusing... and so is this sentence.
- Levels 22, 23, and 24 added.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-05-15 19:35:11

Hi! This game sounds interesting. I have a question that's mainly for Aprone. I can't play your games, because I don't have admin rights, so I can't run the checkup file, and every time I run one of your games I'm told that something's wrong. Is there a way for me to get around this, or am I just stuck? I'm running Windows 8. Thanks. This sort of game might not be for me, I'm not particularly good at puzzle solving. But I played castaways and lunimals on my old computer, and I think they're great, with lots of detail. I really want to try u-mart and lunimals. Thanks again for making great games!

Role-play? Simulation? Strategy? Throw it at me! I'm all ears for the games!

2016-05-15 20:02:08

Lady Juliette, I wish I had an answer for you.  I don't know of a way to get around requiring admin rights for registering those drivers.  Is there any chance you can get the computer's admin to let you run checkup.exe just once?  Checkup only has to be run 1 time and all of my games will work from that point forward.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-05-15 22:39:33

No, my mom doesn't like installing unnecessary things, so I have to play games that don't require an install. Well, I've always enjoyed your games. Thanks for answering my question, and good luck.

Role-play? Simulation? Strategy? Throw it at me! I'm all ears for the games!

2016-05-16 09:21:50

Hi.
This game is really awesome. I love it.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-05-16 13:30:59

Finally worked my way to 10. With out spoiling anything, the way to beat 8 was super interesting.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2016-05-16 15:40:59

yes 8 was a handful, I hear 14 is even worse, I'm on 13 now

2016-05-16 16:22:27

yeah, 14 is a pain in the rear, for me it was the hardest challenge, i'm on 19 now, it seems prety difficult aswell.

Stephen King