2016-05-03 12:52:37

Hello.

There needs to be a way to close the game apart from going to task manager.

I have a suggestion. What about adding a text box so that we can type our name instead of searching for it using the arrows and pressing x and z to add and delete them?

I've notice that the orange juice still doesn't show up. The mittans do but you can't wear them either in battle or outside of it.

I'm gone for real :)

2016-05-03 13:49:49 (edited by daigonite 2016-05-03 14:14:15)

You need to equip items before they can be used in battle.

To equip, either go to the party menu, scroll to where it says you can edit their inventory, press z, then you can move items from your main inventory to your party inventory.

You can also go to the item menu and give the item to a party member.

If you give a character mittens, the stat bonus will automatically be applied. Items like Orange Juice need to actually be selected to be used.

Again this is first level of accessibility so there won't be much, but I'll add an exit option today.

I'm updating the link so that when you hold down "escape" for 3 seconds it will exit the game automatically.

@SLJ - Depends on portability to consoles. I'd rather just port the GML code to consoles if possible but since the TTS engine uses an external component that may not be possible. Either I'll have to build my own tts engine in GML (lolno) or rebuild the game which will probably only be done after sufficient profits.

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights

2016-05-03 17:19:22 (edited by threeblacknoises 2016-05-03 21:33:44)

Hay Rachel.
I haven't done a lot with the demo, but I can tell this wil be great once it's all done.
I really like how the music can change depending on the oras in battle.
A few things I've noticed.
The exit code is just as buggy as in braillemon; at least on xp.
I used the system menu to exit until the version with the exit option gets released.
At least the good news regarding this is once you figure out what's causing the exit bug, it can be fixed in both games.
also, when I go to attack an enimy, the game says test before I can move the menu choice.
I think I'll wait on more bug reports until more gets added.
Edit; I found a weird bug with the party menu.
I go to the main menu after getting killed and ending up wherever you go after you die.
I entered the main menu and pressed q then W and got some color stats.
I then pressed E and got this.

of Key Press Event for E-key Key
for object overworld_menu_main:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,-1] out of range [1,24] - 137.<unknown variable>(100022,-1)
at gml_Object_overworld_menu_main_KeyPress_69
############################################################################################
This does look promising, and I'll support you through the ks once it's up.
Later!

2016-05-03 21:40:26

Maybe I just suck at this game, which is (more than) likely, but after I leave my house and that other guy talks to me I can't find anything to do. I've gone as far as the east woods with no talking/monsters/anything else. Again I could just suck very badly at this, but in the event I didn't I should probably mention it.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2016-05-03 22:45:16 (edited by daigonite 2016-05-03 22:45:43)

threeblacknoises - I have added a feature that allows you to escape by holding ESC for 3 seconds in the most recent update. I'll investigate the bug, thanks for the input.

death - There is a house near the east side (not the furthest map, but the second furthest) where you can talk to another character to recruit him. You can also talk to Mark in your party.

Also, the encounter rate is halved in accessibility; if you can't encounter anything you can try opening and closing the menu repeatedly until an encounter shows up (each time you open the menu the counter goes down). If you're still having problems message me so I can take a look at your file.

2016-05-03 23:04:12

this game is coooool for a demo, i am lost but still i'll mess around and explore this cool game, keep up the good work big_smile

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.

2016-05-03 23:19:22

Hello!
@daigonit i want to give you a suggestion, that mabe is what all of us here at the forum wants:
a change tts voice opition. i'm playing with that horrible Microsoft Anna thing.
Can you please add this?

Cloud Gaming makes me part of this new generation.

2016-05-04 09:01:22

Why was the encounter rate reduced for accessibility mode?

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2016-05-04 14:21:01

Hello! Daigonite, can't wait to try this out.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2016-05-04 16:05:23 (edited by daigonite 2016-05-04 16:06:34)

stewie wrote:

Why was the encounter rate reduced for accessibility mode?

Blind people approach navigating an environment differently than sighted people. Because blind people can usually only process what is available directly to them through navigation sounds and tools, and because of the limits of accessibility, not all visual information may be available. This means blind players tend to poke around more as if the game was a maze. This means that relative to a sighted player's completion of the game, a blind player is vulnerable to a lot more encounters, which are considered annoying and distracting if in excess.

It's not really ironed out all the way yet though so don't be surprised if I mess around with the value a bit.

In some games this actually offers an advantage such as dodging bullets since you're able to concentrate on a smaller part of the arena.

This is all relative from a visual developer's perspective, by the way.

Regarding TTS, it uses the same engine as Braillemon, so they will be updated together. In the meantime, there's only the option to change speaking rate.

2016-05-04 18:33:08

Hi.
I have now given the demo a try and it seems nice so far. However, I gave up finding other survivors, because I had no idea on where to go. But the fighting seems interesting.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-05-04 18:52:29

It's alright, the demo is more for demonstrating the RPG mechanics anyways, since I can't implement the full sound work yet.

2016-05-05 05:47:20 (edited by daigonite 2016-05-05 05:47:30)

Hello all,

kickstarter has been launched:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/da … friendship

2016-05-05 17:51:10

Hay Rachel, I've sent you a Pm regarding the ks.
Later!

2016-05-05 18:00:18

This is fantastic... Going to donate now.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2016-05-05 19:25:33

Hi.
I have just donated, and shared the campaign to more than 2000 people world wide. I'm currently thinking on how to spread out the word about this campaign to the sighted community.

Best regards SLJ.

2016-05-05 21:29:41

Hi.
This demo still doenst has somevc libraries.
I still have to copy some libraries from braillemon and after that it works, but I like that game and it is playable for me.
It is funny, that you are creating a game for sighted and for the blind.
I like turn based battle system and all sounds are great.

2016-05-05 21:42:43

Found a bug, but can't comment unless I back.

of Key Press Event for E-key Key
for object overworld_menu_main:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,-1] out of range [1,24] - 137.<unknown variable>(100022,-1)
at gml_Object_overworld_menu_main_KeyPress_69
############################################################################################

Happens when going into the menu and pressing E.  Also might wanna have popups or something to let players know of the keys they can use as I found the landmarks menu completely on accident.

2016-05-06 01:13:51

Blindndangerous - there is a feature on some menus that basically you press F1 and it tells you what accessibility options are available but I'm not done with it yet.

I'll look into that bug right now. I'm also working on redoing the naming screen for accessibility mode to be more useful.

2016-05-06 01:31:57

Hi daigonite. I pledged 100, is the sample monster sheet you have there what I should use to submit my monster? Cause I kind of did already. If not how do I go about doing that?

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2016-05-06 01:53:39

After the kickstarter is successful, I will send you a design sheet. It will be pretty similar to that one. The one you filled out will be ignored (since anyone can fill it out). You don't need any sort of visual reference for that tier.

What I will do is after I collect all the monster sheets, I will design each monster visually, and send them back. If you're blind, you should indicate this when I'm distributing the sheets so I can describe the monster's design. Once both of us are satisfied, I will put it in the game.

2016-05-06 01:58:57

Woot, sounds good. Also, whenever I try running the demo I get this thing about msvcr110.dll. I saw something about this in the posts a few pages back so I'll check there to see if there's anything I can do on my end to fix it. Keep up the goodness.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2016-05-06 02:18:06

Okay so seems there was a typo with the DLL, for anybody else like me who doesn't have Braillemon, here's a copy of the DLL if you need it, just unzip, copy the file and paste it in the directory of colors.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/818 … vcr110.zip

2016-05-06 02:19:42

I got the following error after launching,
of Create Event
for object init:

Error defining an external function.
at gml_Script_tts_init
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_tts_init (line 0)
gml_Object_init_Create_0

2016-05-06 02:55:43

Daigonite, you rock!
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.