2016-04-04 08:23:18 (edited by ogomez92 2016-04-04 08:30:23)

Ok hello everyone!
Are you a bgt developer wanting to become famous and popular?
Here is the Oriol Gómez bgt contest, one day, one hit.
You will have one day to create a game in bgt... Yes, only one day, but that's not the best part.
Best part is: The game will be voiced in English and Spanish, by yours truly. And if some of your sounds can be replaced for better ones, I will do so. You just need to come up with the code, a readme file and good enough sounds for the game to be evaluated.
Readme will be translated into Spanish as well, of course.
IT will be integrated with oriolgomez.com updates and message of the day system, and your name will appear in the download page, readme and the game's introduction.
I will of course be coding my own game as well, and there will be three winners: First place, second place and third place.
Now, since I am going to e participating as well, we will need a jury which will consist of a number of people that I will decide depending on how many people actually participate.
So, here are the dates
April 4th (today): Promotion and jury selection and game ideas.
April 5th: game ideas reception and final adjustments
April 6th: Coding!
April 8th: Winners announcement
April 11th: 3 game launch!

Do not post your game ideas here, if you do that you will be automatically disqualified. Anyone who wants to participate or become part of the jury should send an email to the following address:
ogomez.s92{at}gmail.com

Now get to work!

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2016-04-04 08:30:58

I changed the email address about 10 minutes after that post, so if you sent anything pls resend.

2016-04-04 13:27:41 (edited by CAE_Jones 2016-04-04 13:29:23)

sad I love this idea. ... Even though I've made games in one day before (the Sword Game and Le Petit Planet), and a few others in under a week... I tried repeating this feat just 3 days ago and failed miserably.
But because I want this to succeed, I might try anyway, assuming the important bits in the next 48 hours work out.

[edit]
It would be helpful to clarify what the entry email should contain. smile
[/edit]

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2016-04-04 15:17:03

The entry email for now should just contain your idea (a description of the game) and your name, not much else. smile

2016-04-04 15:53:49

you should change the coding day to a weekend day like saturday or sunday so that people actually have a better chance at having the whole day to code. Wednesday is actually pretty blank for me but it might not be for others.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2016-04-04 16:10:09

Good point keywasfull, I thought about that but hey, there are going to be many contests if this one works out. smile
You should participate!

2016-04-04 16:23:24

Yep, I sent you a private message on the forum. I don't have access to my casual email from school.

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2016-04-04 16:27:40

Hi I didn't get a pm from you but I asume you want to participate? just send an email later or twitter dm

2016-04-04 16:42:10

mistyped your username it should be there now.

2016-04-04 22:04:06

Oh, question about includes and such. It would obviously go against the spirit of the contest to use something you've already been working on, but what about useful includes / libraries / etc? I don't remember how Philip Bennefall's BGT competition handled this (was it "no third party includes", "publish all includes ahead of time", or something else?).

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2016-04-05 00:39:30

You bet your bottom dollar I'll be participating. I checked with him this morning and he said my handy dandy reader class that I use is OK. I can't work without it so yeah.

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2016-04-05 07:28:03

I sent an email. Hopefully it's not too late, but maybe the trouble I had with the idea to use is problem enough on its own?

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2016-04-05 22:31:54 (edited by ogomez92 2016-04-05 22:33:22)

I replied to your email smile and yes you can use includes of course.
If you guys don't have time tomorrow for some reason, you can start today. Just make sure you submit your entries via email tomorrow night, whenever tomorrow night in your timezone is.

2016-04-06 02:25:49

question: do we submit the .bgt? or the .exe?

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2016-04-06 02:31:41

Is it too late to enter? I didn't see this until right now.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2016-04-06 08:15:22 (edited by ogomez92 2016-04-06 08:15:38)

you can enter if you can get your game finished by tonight and email it to my email on the first post.

2016-04-06 09:31:36

ah darn to bad this ain't on the weekend hehehe got school or would have joined.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2016-04-06 11:40:45

Update. i Have decided, to make this fair, that I will be part of the jury and not participating. It is obvious that the jury could decide in my favour given that they know my voice etc, so only you will be aprticipating. we have quite a few entries, so let's rock!

2016-04-06 18:06:56

Oriol,
Instead of having a jury voting, how about posting the games and have everyone vote?
I could also post the winner on my games page at,
http://www.pcs-games.net
I'm updating it right now.
Phil

2016-04-06 23:06:21

Okay, so my game is complete, do I send it as an attachment or will a DB link work as well.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2016-04-07 07:22:28

Well, good news is, I have a submission ready. Bad news is, I am so dissatisfied with it it hurts. Will you feel the same? Let's find out!

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2016-04-07 13:06:21

Hi,
@cae I kind of feel the same about my entry. I only had a few hours to code because I had homework on both Tuesday and Wednesday,so I couldn't really do anything big. If it had been on a weekend I could've, but ah well.

2016-04-07 19:06:13

So will the judging be done over skype or something? Will we be able to receive crits on our progs?

2016-04-07 21:26:09

I wish someone created a competition where you could code a game of your own language. I know a bit of BGT and snagging up the rest wouldn't be too hard but it would take more than 2 day notice.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2016-04-08 23:35:29

So any news on this? LOL. Was kind of bummed I didn't get to listen to any of the judges play the games yesterday.