2016-02-22 20:26:31 (edited by harrylst 2016-02-26 18:17:51)

Hello,
I would like to announce a new game that I have created. It is called lost.
You are lost in a maze of rooms. You must find the exit.
Sounds simple right? Well along the way there are all kinds of things that can happen to your poor character.
From mini-games, to traps, to other things you have to defeat, i hope you enjoy this game! I was going to try to sell it, but i decided to make it free last minute. I hope you enjoy!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3235616/lost.zip
spanish:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3235616/lost-es.zip

As always if you find any bugs or nasties, let me know and I'll do my best to fix them.

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2016-02-22 20:35:24

Sounds cool. Downloading.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2016-02-22 20:53:47

Sounds cool

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2016-02-22 21:15:31

I'm also downloading and would love to try your game.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2016-02-22 21:44:45

so first impressions from beating the first difficulty, I like the game, but frankly I wouldn't pay for it at its current state. It does have a lot of difficulty fvalue, and a lot of different   events in rooms, but I wouldn't charge much money for it.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2016-02-22 21:45:18

and that's one reason it's free.

Feel free to add me.

2016-02-22 22:48:44

So I'm not sure what tts library you're using, but whatever it is, it doesn't handle the speech delay very well. There doesn't seem to be a tts configuration option. Anyway I encountered a simon minigame and lost because I was still listening to the room number and the leprechaun and stuff and it just kept right on going. Also you can hit f4 to get a cheat menu, something you probably forgot to remove before release. Also the readme mentions guide dog games and that you have to pay.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2016-02-23 01:48:55

Thanks. I'll fix those bugs tomorrow.

Feel free to add me.

2016-02-23 08:17:16

Hi the game developer!
is this game similar to SOD or another FPS?
I am downloading it now and surely paly it.
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2016-02-23 09:05:44

Hi the game developer
I must appriciate your idea.
I like the concept of the game.
Well Tell me one thing can you remove the exit option from the shop?
Because it is unfair and unrealistic.
I don't want to find the exit from the shop.
Some sounds should Be needed and ambience also.
well in the end. keep up the good work my friend!
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2016-02-23 11:40:19

I'm using some speech history tts library that I found somewhere. I really don't know how to fix it, so for now i just put in a 10 second wait before the game starts. seems to fix things on my end, let me know if it fixes it on your end. the f4 thing is a shop, where you can buy things. and it doesn't bring you to the exit, it pushes you towards the exit. and it costs a lot of gold anyway. the gold and the shop and how much things costs are designed to be scaling random values. anyway you can redownload from the link above.

Feel free to add me.

2016-02-23 13:41:20

I will try this. Is there already a place were I can find all the games you created? I searched your website but there was no content.

2016-02-23 14:13:44

That's a really patchwork solltion. You can get my adaptation of speech_manager that has a speech-delay function from
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/825 … anager.bgt
It has good comments and stuff

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2016-02-23 18:15:50

so it's basicly a souped up version of the great escape. cool!

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2016-02-23 20:28:27

Hi harrylst,

This is a pretty cool game. One bug I keep running into though is when I enter a room, this really annoying sound plays. It doesn't stop, and I try to move again, or press enter, or any button, and all I can do is close the game. The sound doesn't stop, and  it's so loud I can not hear what JAWS is saying. Do you know what this noise is?
If you can fix this bug, it'd be awesome.
Thanks!

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2016-02-24 00:43:49

thanks ke! I will implement your solution and have a fix up soon. As for the sound bug, i'm really not sure what it is, but maybe when i get the ke patch in that may or may not fix it and we can go from there.

Feel free to add me.

2016-02-24 02:47:14

I've noticed something. If I'm in room 31 or so, it should bring me to room 21 right? Nope. It brought me to room 27 I believe. And it happens in other places as well.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2016-02-24 03:25:28

I don't think that reading your current money or status like poisoned everytime is a good idea because there is currently no way to skip them. Can you also consider this?

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2016-02-24 04:18:58

I agree. And a suggestion? I think there should be a ready dialogue before the minigames begin. I always lose at memory because my text doesn't finish reading.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2016-02-24 04:20:24

Hello;

The game seems to crash when I start it.

There's no music just the voice speaking about the game. I can't press enter to skip the voice and I can't get to the diffirent settings. The game just stays there and I have to close it useing task manager

I'm gone for real :)

2016-02-24 04:23:49

1. Ready dialogue: will be implemented
2. skip key: will be implemented
3. room 31-27 thing: that's intentional. Won't explain it (it's one of the secrets of the game) but I won't be changing that.
(I'm sorry i do it as a list like this for myself so I know what to fix lol)

Feel free to add me.

2016-02-24 17:05:08

alrighty!
An updated version has been posted!
-added k to skip through dialogue (ukio)
-thanks to ke, added a new screen reader speaking engine. this should be able to handle delay much easier.
- added a mini-game "are you ready?" dialogue, although I'm not sure if that is still necessary now that screen reader delays are handled propperly
-fixed some readme stuff.
Any other ideas, keep them coming! Mini-games, ways to make this better in general... just let me know!

Feel free to add me.

2016-02-24 19:11:11

Hi,
I have the same problem as was posted by someone else here already. The game starts and says lost, but nothing else happens and I can only close it through task manager. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit and the latest version of NVDA.
Thanks and best regards

2016-02-24 19:21:17

I have to try it out, sounds cool. Can all your games be found in one place at the moment? I ask since I can't find them on your website.

2016-02-24 19:27:54

i really only have this one game. everything else was either (a) stupid, (b) in afrikaans, or (c) lost over the years. or a combination of all 3.
I'm wondering if you are having problems with some sounds. I'm kind of stumped on that one to be honest. let me test with nvda though.

Feel free to add me.