2016-02-16 13:11:52

Hi guys
I'm going to show you something very cool today, I'm pretty sure you will enjoy it. This is a fully-featured noise generator that generates extremely real sounds. The sounds are  greatly designed, They sound so good to my ears. be aware! You will get addicted to this; I warned you.
How many of you are audio enthusiasts; How many of you would like to have a professionally generated background sounds of  different rooms of the enterprise spaceship played for you while you  perform your daily activity?
Perhaps You like something else; rain in a forest? a quiet night in a mountainside? I personally like the engine which provides a sailing boat drifting on an ocean; You can find your preferred sound with the MyNoise app!
So, I realized that this is not a random looping-based sound application, This is a noise generator that generates noise based off the professional recordings that Dr. Ir. Stéphane Pigeon has done. You'll about to dive into something  amazing. I am pretty sure every one of you guys in this community, Specially the audio enthusiasts are going to love this.
Please listen to this podcast to find out how to properly play the sounds in firefox. I will also talk about the accessibility issues and things that we are missing on the web and iPhone application.
podcast notes are below.
Podcast download link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/878 … odcast.mp3
Podcast notes:
Contact the sound designer, Dr. Ir. Stéphane Pigeon on twitter, his twitter handle is @audiosampling
You can ask him about his mail in twitter, His mail is an image in the website.
Contact the developer at twitter: @NSMustache
Contact the developer with mail: [email protected]
myNoise website: http://mynoise.net
Things that are accessible with the web app: Choosing sounds, playing and pausing, adjust volume, change presets
Things that are not accessible with the web app: adjusting the sliders for custimizing the sound, the super noise generator for mixing sounds.
Things that are accessible with the iPhone app: pretty much everything, except mixing sounds.
ways to support these guys: $5 at the website once only, access to additional features. $10 in appstore once only, access to all sounds, passed and future.

Enjoy this gem  guys
P.S please forgive my terrible voice acting at the beginning; I gotta brush on my voice acting skillz! Also sorry about the language skills, English aint my first language.
Cheers
Hadi

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2016-02-16 13:45:47

BTW, IT'd be cool if someone on OSX or linux could test this on Voice Over/safari and Orca

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2016-02-16 14:46:26

hello, I'm pretty sure we could contact the generator's developper on this. I'm sure he's willing to make the sliders accessible for us.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2016-02-16 15:16:47

wow, thanks for sharing! I will check it out.

2016-02-18 09:23:25

Thanks a lot for this podcast.
I like to use soundscapes during work so this will help me a lot.
I am also to report that I don't have flash installed on my computer and the sounds still play fine so this website is html5 compatible I think.
I hope to see an android app as well one day so I can have it on my phone.
Nikos

Visit www.freesound.org/people/NikosDemetriou/sounds/ to hear some of my recordings.

2021-04-11 18:32:03

I forum,
Today I played with mynoise.net. Talking about sliders, thei are partially accessible besides that you don't know the name of slider. When in focus mode, nvda sais something like textimput. First move the cursor to FAQ. Then enable focus mode. Then tab and shifttab moves between sliders. When you move mouse to cursor (nvda+shift+m), NVDA will read the name of the slider. Now you can use home end page up page down or left right arrow to move sliders. There are also some shortcuts: https://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/help.php

check out my instrumental music at http://ondrosik.bandcamp.com

2021-04-11 19:29:04 (edited by Minionslayer 2021-04-11 19:34:03)

@nikosdemetriou, But there *is* an Android version.
On my end, sliders report fine, except that all values are read as 50, and adjusting them doesn't change the reported value.
Yeah, it's nothing new, but it's cool to see it getting some recognition.
I'm really not sure why, but it just rubs me the wrong way when people find something new, only to treat it with such enthusiasm like it's new. I mean sure, MyNoise is fantastic, but I almost got hyped up, looking forward to seeing something I'd never heard of That, and Dropbox shows 404 on that link.
Oh, and did you know that donating on the website also gives you access to a section where people can create their own generators? That's cool as well.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.