2016-02-10 03:09:22

Hello,
Could everyone please take a look at
Amazon Lumberyard
and send comments to them about its accessibility? It is free, open source and in beta. All of which lend itself to influence!
If enough people download it, try it and send feedback, it has the potential to become the first accessible mainstream game engine!

2016-02-10 14:19:10

Hello,
That would be amazing. However, I'm not a programmer so don't know if I'll be able to make anything for it at this stage.

2016-02-10 18:53:54

The point is you download it, try to follow the guide and if you have problems, file bug reports and explain what you are using and what the problem is.

2016-02-10 20:32:42

Last I heard, amazon's products like the kindle aren't accessible. If that's still the case, then i have no hopes that they'll bother with making this accessible.

2016-02-11 11:49:41

Hello,
Amazon are getting better with accessibility. The Kindle Fire tablets have talkback, but also the Kindle apps on mobile devices are usable, and once you've registered, in theory the Kindle windows version has NVDA support that activates once you've signed in.

2016-02-11 17:02:26

Slight correction:

Screen reader on Fire Tablets, is called "Voice View."

2016-02-11 17:22:57

yeah, they are getting better. by no means is it perfect and you have to buy the right Kendall tablet, but its better than nothing.

I don’t believe in fighting unnecessarily.  But if something is worth fighting for, then its always a fight worth winning.
check me out on Twitter and on GitHub

2016-02-11 22:52:40 (edited by ambro86 2016-02-11 23:38:29)

Hi, I've tried this game engine with Jaws 16 but seems inaccessible. It's a pity because a good engine for audiogames is a lack for our community. It would be good to make for example jaws or nvda scripts to use it.
Regard an engine quite accessible, I heard about Unity. A blind programmer says that it's not confortable but with some effourth it's accessible.
https://feedback.unity3d.com/suggestion … essibility

2016-02-13 11:23:55

So this amazon thing.. is not accessible i guess

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2016-02-13 22:48:25

It's a pity because a good engine for audiogames is a lack for our community.

I'm curious, what is the current state of accessible 3D tools? I know there are available engines like Audio Quake and a few others lurking around I believe, but i'm guessing their more source code rather than a drag/drop tool framework like BGT or Unity? How is 3D modelling handled in currently available engines? Are there any accessible 3D modelling tools?

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2016-02-15 20:21:22

but wood non programmer allso can use this

2016-02-21 10:25:52

I believe the closest we ever got to a drag/drop, building block system was audio game maker, but as many people will tell you, their building burned all the way to the ground so the project burned and became a pile of shambles, literally.

devin

2016-02-21 11:07:14

magurp244 wrote:

How is 3D modelling handled in currently available engines? Are there any accessible 3D modelling tools?

None whatsoever, to my knowledge.
It doesn't strike me as being quite so difficult as it sounds to make accessible 3D modeling tools. If I could stay awake long enough to read through the necessary code/documentation of any open source stuff out there, I would find it annoying if I couldn't toss something together for any reason short of the same reason I can't finish anything else. (Unless I have to wade through OpenGL code. I'm not sure that any amount of Akrasiacide could make that painless enough to be worth it.)

I did toss together some 3D geometry classes and functions for my BGT includes, but aside from them being a far cry from perfect, I don't think anyone's actually used it. (I've used it in something I started, but who knows if that will ever come to anything.)

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2016-02-21 22:20:21

I've tried looking around and haven't found anything like an accessible 3D modeling tool either. Hm, considering there aren't many accessible 3D Engines you could plug models into lying around, I guess there just hasn't been that much demand. It might be creating a chicken and egg situation though, even if engines like Unity or Lumberyard were accessible, there aren't any accessible modelling tools to easily create or rig assets for them, well unless you count the Unity store and such. I've been mulling over different interface design's and approaches, but its probably not worth it at the moment. Maybe as an accessory to an accessible 3D engine at some point?

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer