2016-02-09 23:19:05

Hello,
I am learning the BGT programming language. I am not totalli beginner in programming, I have created some fps games in other languages like c++.
In BGT I have writed one first person game too and I vill release It.
I have too many questions about BGT and I dont want to spam forums with them.
For example, here are some.
How to use mouse in bgt? How to make server and client in BGT? How to use joystick? How to pack sounds to the .dat file? Is some way to use AES 256 bit encryption? ... and more.
Where can I get a advanced tutorial with this features? Languages like java or c++ have very big user base, so lots of tutorials and tips have been created, but where to search functions for BGT?
Thanks for help.

2016-02-10 06:28:04

Most of these topics are included in the help file.
Mouse and joystick are in reference -> foundation layer -> function reference -> user interaction, IIRC.
Server/client issues are in reference -> foundation layer -> object reference -> network. I think there might be a whole networking tutorial in there somewhere.
Packing files is covered in a couple different places, including the pack_file chapter in the object reference, and the "include pack files in your executable" tutorial. ( pack_file pack; pack.create(filename); pack.add(filename, internal_name); pack.close();)
IIRC, encryption is in the "security functions" chapter. (string_encrypt(the_string, encryption_key); string_decrypt(encrypted_text, encryption_key); )

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.