2016-03-07 04:57:33

Well thanks dan_c. smile
It makes me happy just knowing your willingness to contribute.

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.
Try my free JGT addon, the easy way to play Japanese games in English.
Or try the free games I've created.

2016-03-11 05:50:26

hello everyone,
has any of you having any problem with new tia story?
the menu didn't translated for me, but the dialog is translated perfectly
i have tryed  everything , i'm make sure after starting the game  im pressing the alt+shift to change my keyboard, but still the menu didn't translated
i have tryed to use the applocal , but then, after soon i click on ok to launch the game, the dialog saying startup failed is   showing up
am i missing  something?
anyone know how to fix it?
smile
sorry for my english , heh big_smile

2016-03-11 06:43:51

@JasonBlaze, for the menus you must use either AppLocale or Locale Emulator.
If AppLocale is not working try Locale Emulator instead.
You must also have both the translate last spoken and translate clipboard features enabled.
I just tried New Tia Story and both the menus and dialogue are translating for me.

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.

2016-03-11 09:27:30

aha... thanks...
i  have install the local emulator then run the game with japanese ,
but the   problem is same like app local
its says
Error
---------------------------
Startup failed.
OK   

lol that's odd
big_smile

2016-03-18 03:00:26

Hi. I am currently using the jgt addon for nvda. I am trying to play the that japanese fighting game. however, every time I try to start it up it says startup failed then it just has an ok button. Any help would be great. Also the text games won't work when I download them.

Thanks in advance.

fantasy world creationist

2016-03-18 04:00:17

@darkblade , sorry but I have never seen that error while trying to run any of the Japanese games.  So I have no idea how to fix it.
JasonBlaze was getting the same exact issue.
Are you both running the same operating system?
I am running Windows 7 64 bit.

~ Ian Reed

2016-03-18 04:53:07

try uninstalling the addon, then redownloading the addon. I'm sorry if this doesn't help in advance. I got a random error, and updating, a, k, a, uninstalling and redownloading worked

stw is a game i play sometimes. If you would like to check it out, go to
http://www.samtupy.com

2016-03-18 06:21:40

The start up failed error happens if you install the games while your system is set to one language, and later switch to another.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2016-03-18 07:54:40

@darkblade98: do you mean the fighting game called  jakiranson?
if yes, are you  running that game with applocal/ local emulator?
well, its seams you don't need the aplocal/local emulator for that game, just use the japanese keyboard   , it will  translated perfectly , smile
@Ian: i'm  useing windows 7 32 bit,
alternatif magic, and other text game is translated perfectly, but well, its seams i get this problem  just  on new tia story

2016-03-18 17:31:43

@JasonBlaze, stirlock said the error is caused if you install the game while your system is set to one language and then switch to another.
So you might try reinstalling it fresh.
You might also take out any non English characters in the folder or executable name.
Not sure if those can mess things up, but maybe, and I always take them out.

~ Ian Reed

2016-03-18 17:51:37

Hi. I got the game working now, thanks. However I can't download the japanese text games. Thanks for your help.

2016-03-18 18:36:00 (edited by JasonBlaze 2016-03-18 18:39:08)

hohohoho!  , gotcha , gotcha!
finally i'm have sucsessfully translated the menu  on the game!
so, i did something weert to fix it...
first   ,  i'm run the game installer with the aplocal,
then install  the game
next, i  tryed to run the game, with aplocal
and try to translate the menu,
and then yay!
big_smile thanks Ian and sterlock!
@darkblade: what  does it showing when you tryed to download the games?

2016-03-18 21:14:42

Nothing. it's as if the link doesn't work or something.

2016-03-23 17:43:49

I got coolsoft and got it working, but the the music volume is to loud  is there any way to fix this on windows 7 32 bit?

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2016-03-23 20:01:04

In the text games you seem to be able to press F6 and it cycles through 10 volume settings for the music.
It goes louder, then when it gets to its loudest volume it plays a sound, then when you press it again it goes to the quietest volume.
Alternatively you can open your volume mixer by finding the speakers icon in your system tray, right clicking, then choosing open volume mixer.
Press tab until you get to volume for play.exe, then press down to lower its volume until it is at a comfortable level.

~ Ian Reed

2016-03-26 01:22:31

I was just informed that while the game is open, you can also press control alt M to bring up Virtual Midi Synth’s mixer, and then you can use the up and down arrows to modify only the midi volume. This could help if someone doesn’t want to turn everything down, just the music.
I've added these instructions to the JGT user manual as well.

~ Ian Reed

2016-03-26 17:42:23

dude, thanks!

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2016-03-28 16:38:39

Hello
@Ian Reed here the app locale for 32 bits:
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/wcpb9ylgiaqeyr … c.msi?dl=0
It would be great if you could upload the aplication to your page.
greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2016-04-08 04:34:55

Hi together, i think I can post that here as well. I had the Idea to make a download option in the future, so the translations for the games can be downloaded if you wish to play them offline. That would be amazing, and may be it will get implemented if there's enough time in the future for this Ian told me via Email. I'd just thought I let you know about this idea here as well and remember about this, since it would be a great addition. Please Note that this is just an Idea and still no implemented feature. I hope it will get in in a future version. This way, we could play the games for wich we downloaded the translations before without needing the server, so we could play even if the server has errors or is not reachable for whatever reasons.

2016-04-08 06:49:13

hi. I still can't download the japanese text games on my computer. It doesn't do anything when I click on the link just stays still as if you didn't click it at all. Any ideas to why this is happening and what I can do to fix this?
Thanks

2016-04-09 03:44:15

If a link stays still, I try to press shift and Enter together on it. Maybe that'll do it for you. If you already tryed it, I have no other idea how to fix that. Maybe someone else can help out with this?

2016-04-09 22:06:53

@darkblade I have looked at the site. It seems that the text games are not linked and it is pure text. Do you looked at the web site of Ian directly? If yes, it would be a good thing to link all the games.

2016-04-11 07:05:43

what do you mean pure text? Can  you explain what you mean by linking all the games?
Thanks for trying to help. It means a lot to me.

2016-04-11 20:55:32

I mean that my Browser don't showed it as a link. So it might be that the games are only named by theier tittle without being a clickable link wich leads to the download page.

2016-04-12 00:34:51

so what do I do then? Do I just give up on them?
Thanks