2016-01-07 19:14:55

Hello, does anyone know of any autoit includes that would allow sterio positioning in games, for instance side scrollers? Also, such libraries should not need com object registration to function, since for security reasons, a game should never need to be run as admin.

2016-01-07 22:22:06

I'm unfamiliar with Autoit, are you referring to the Autoit robot framework?

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2016-01-08 03:32:15

The only autoIt audio library I know of is comAudio, and you need a com object for that.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2016-01-08 14:20:13

There is a PureAudio Library for AutoIt which you can find on http://erion.tdrealms.com
It only uses a DLL so it will run, however it doesn't come with the math necessary to position sounds by given coordinates, so you still need to do that.
Just one question...Why AutoIt? Try something like BGT instead. It's already got all of this out of the box...And Angelscript interprets much faster anyway. Not like it would matter, but AutoIt also doesn't do OOP, and nowadays, starting off with object oriented programming is a generally good practice. And don't say you don't understand BGT, because that's not an excuse and you're just not trying hard enough. LOL
Don't take it personally.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2016-01-15 21:41:57

Hi,
You may try use bass.dll, it might help. You can set the sound panning, volume...

2016-01-20 15:43:39

There is indeed a Bass Autoit library, though I'm not sure where it can be obtained.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2016-02-10 01:11:11 (edited by MarcroSoft 2016-02-10 01:12:06)

Hi,The Bass library is somewhere on the German Autoit forum, but I have it in my public dropbox folder here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/368 … ss_udf.zip
I also still use Autoit for a few Things, but I am really not a fan of it anymore.
I need to learn something a bit more powerful, maybe PureBasic which I actually have a question about but I will create a new topic for that.
Marc

2016-02-22 22:43:26

I wouldn't recommend autoit. Instead, try Python. Python has everything that autoit doesn't: a fast interpreter, cross-platform support, and a much more readable syntax. If you need to make executables, there's pyinstaller or py2exe. Python is also object-oriented in some ways. Not to mention that there are pyglet, pygame and pyaudiogame if you want to do games.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce