2007-11-04 19:57:04

Hi all,

If there are players into KoL here (I am allot), check out twilight heroes. It's basically a game of computers, superpowers, like there's different vehicles to get around town, a number of quests and more to come...

Check it out at:

http://www.twilightheroes.com

If anyone manages to play, and get some sort of transportation, how'd you do it?

Thanks.

2007-11-05 07:06:31

Okay what is KoL?

And I'm assuming you've at least tried to play it yourself?

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-11-05 12:22:11

Hi CX,

KoL stands for Kingdom of Loathing, which this game is similar to, accept you play as a superhero and in just 3 days there's over 400 players signed up.

2007-11-05 12:35:43

How about the second part of my question? Have you tried it, and what problems did you hit? Knowing that makes it easier to figure out if we can get around it.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-11-05 23:37:44

Orin, if this is an accessible online Text rpg,  please send an E-mail to thom Lorimer of Whitestick.co.uk site at http://www.whitestick.co.uk/

so that he can add a link to the game to his "games to play online" page.

this is the only page I know like it, and i'd love to see more people contribute.

I'll try out twilight heroes if I can, though at the present I'm rather heavily into Sryth, and besides, sinse I'm pplaying a campeign of Mutants and Masterminds, and listening to The Secret World Chronical, I'm getting rather a glut of superheros at the moment, lol!

Cx2, Kingdom of Loathing is a very humerous text rpg. You get to play such bizarre classes as seal clubber and accordian thief, and carry out various quests.  The game is fairly playable, ---- though occasionally you have to guess at a rather odd link text, though there isn't quite enough exploration to sute me and The mechanics work rather a lot on random chance sometimes, and (as with all Text rpgs, even sryth), there's a litle grinding involved (though in KoL, the humer does releave things).

Occasionally I've been slightly stuck, because some of the puzles are literally insane! but it's stil a highly entertaining game, and I'd personally recommend it.

Unfortunately, I slightly lost touch with the game over my last production and didn't restart, and as I said at the moment I'm doing rather serious Sryth, but I think if I ever decide to completely play through another Text rpg, it might well be KoL. You can find it at http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/login.php

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-11-06 04:15:26

Hmm, when I asked if Orin had tried it I was referring to this game he just posted. Same question as you had in there really - how accessible is Twilight Heroes?

cx2
-----

2007-11-06 18:54:28

it's accessible as kingdom of loathing is. basicly it's a varient. that's all i know, i'll have to try both of them out.

2007-11-08 13:28:25

Alright Orin, did you check all the shops in Somerset? In the hardware and software shop there is a little thing called a bicycle wink

After that there is a used car dealers in downtown.

cx2
-----

2007-11-19 03:30:27

Hint: don't go and purchase a used car right away. I'm L4 and found an alternative. It was mind-bendingly difficult though. *snickers*

Yes, the game is accessible and, dare I say, easier to navigate than KoL. It's still young though, I can tell that. I have no idea what half the passive skills do yet, and to be honest, everything (even bosses, I've fought two) seem easy. Elementals seem broken, but I don't have a gadgeteer yet. I'm hoping like heck this game isn't attacked for essentially being a KoL knockoff.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2008-05-19 04:12:21

For me ,i'll try it!