2007-10-16 09:31:22

This morning, we have yet more Usa games developement news to report, ----- and yes! more!

It involves exploring ancient temples, jumping pits of death, fighting dangerous creatures, and the audioification of a classic and well loved computer game. If your now saying "montizumas revenge" your absolutely completely and utterly wrong! yes wrong!

the game in question was released in 1996 not 1984, was not released on the good old Atari 2600, and features quite a different main character from Panama Jo, ---- an aristocratic English lady who you could describe as a temple hunter, a crypt scavenger, a valt robber, or just maybe --- a toom raider!

Yes that's right, miss Lara crofts' adventures are now being brought into audio, complete with all the puzles, original music and sfx, and the most complete and total 3D environment ever in an audio game!

to whet your appetite, Mr. Ward has posted two short sound clips of the game on the Usa games website, one featuring Lara's duel with an unpleasant wolf, the other some torchlit temple exploration!

to have a listen, just step This way for the Usa games trailers page

All I can say is Wow!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-16 18:05:49

Hmm, sounds very much like a mainstream game version -
Impressive sound, but I can't really tell what is where or anything like.

I'm assuming the actual version will have more feedback than the audio trailers, might just have been nice to show it a little.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-10-16 22:11:06

mmmm, woooow great, i very like tomb rider...

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2007-10-17 00:35:14

Well Cx2, Tom ward did say he was making a point of using the original music and sfx, ---- I recognized several of them myself.

the game is in very early developement, so it's possible that all navigational features, and things such as look keys haven't been implimented yet, also though, judging by Usa games usual practice, I'm guessing we'll see a few beta versions before the actual release of the game, so if there is a movement or feedback issue I'm sure it'll come up then.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-17 03:53:17

I agree about the sounds being recognisable. I can't imagine getting to that stage without some type of navigation sounds, but perhaps they just weren't shown there or were muted.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-10-17 08:06:45

The trailers sounded nice but I'd've appreciated more actual gameplay.  This applies more to the 'exploring the temple' one - walking around and opening doors sounds like something you would do when exploring a temple, but I'd've liked to see the woman collecting crystals or artifacts or whatever she does.

For the record I doubt that's actual gameplay footage - to me a trailer is something prepared to promote a game or some movie, while an in-game recording or a "review" is recorded during gameplay.

James

2007-10-17 08:51:25

As I said, the game is in incredibly early developement, and I don't think we can base too much speculation on the recordings, sinse it's entirely possible not all features of the game have actually been coded yet.

conspiraZ, by your deffinition, these are not trailers, sinse there is at the moment no game to promote, ---- and it's entirely possible there is very litle of a game to reccord from sinse I know that Tom ward has been busy with other projects, and I'm not sure how long he's been working on this, or even how much of the game there is.

I'd personally view this sort of thing the same way mainstream games companies, ---- and often animation studios, release preliminary art sketches of single characters or scenes from an upcoming game or animation. All you know is that there's character X involved, or situation X, and nothing else.

this is particularly true where the thing in question is a sequal to, or continuation of something really famous, ---- for example, for the recent Avatar series 3, a year before the series was released one of the artists published a single picture showing two of the characters kissing.

sinse thom ward's obviously using original toomb rader sfx and music, that's what I think this is.

As to what Lara croft does, well unless the formular is changed, the toom rader games do involve a hell of a lot of jumping and solving puzles. though you collect artifacts, their at the end of a few stages and are part of the game's plot rather than treasures you just grab along the way Montizuma style.

for info on the plot, seting and gameplay of Toomb rader, I'd recommend reading this artical on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_Raider

2007-10-17 21:46:55

Wow. I actually guessed it was montizumas revenge beta4 like he did say on audyssey, but I was wrong.

Well sounds like a fantastic game!
Whhwhwhwhhwhwhwhwhwwowhwhwhwhwhwhhwhw! I just realized! I don't have beta3 yet of Montizuma! Arlrhrlrhlrhlrhlrlrhlrhlrhlrhlrhlrhlrhlrhl! Grgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrg dawn it! Well I willl get it now...

2007-10-18 00:04:24

Yes, Monti Beta 3 is good, but make sure you read the instructions carefully, as doing the wrong thing in regeddit can be fairly desasterous.

Also andy, a litle written vocalization and weerd speech is fine, but too much of that sort of thing can really make people go Grrrrr! especially on a site where the majority of people use screen readers.

A litle bit is fine, but please use some discression.

Okay, I'll put my wagging finger away now ;D.

I hoped to catch somebody out with that news post, --- I'm rather pleased I managed it!

2007-10-19 17:06:44

WOW! this is awesome! That is cool when i can't tell the differ between a mainstream and audiogame!

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-10-22 00:46:01

Certainly is audiogamer360!

And ok I will try to stop doing the thing that makes some readers go crazy, I didnt have beta2 nor beta1 installed, so I didn't have and RegEditing to do.

But if someone has beta2 upload somewhere please, I really want to see what the difference in all the betas will be compared with the full version!