2015-09-04 03:31:04

hey sam.
nice game!
can you please add more weapons as say a machete as melee, pistols class, machineguns class, a shop, oh please extend the area way a little because um or add a maxpos upgrade like in sb?
and the statues shooting and or things shooting would be nice too.
nice game!

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!
:D

2015-09-04 04:01:29 (edited by turtlepower17 2015-09-04 07:09:44)

I don't think pits are really necessary in this game. Pretty much every audio sidescroller has them, so maybe Sam was trying to get away from that.
I do like this game, but I agree that on the low levels it takes quite awhile for enemies to spawn, so you're doing a lot of waiting as opposed to fighting.

The only real suggestion I have at this point would be to add an option at the end of the game to ask you if you'd like to play again, as opposed to automatically exiting once you've accepted or declined to post your score.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2015-09-04 08:16:05

Nice little game, but I would request that your footsteps sound different from your enemies, and that there's a way to change voices maybe from within the game. for some reason, my speech settings in windows 7 only shows Anna as the selectable voice and doesn't let me pick any of the ones that NVDA and other programs recognize. But the enemy footsteps are the bigger issue... since often they blend with yours and it's harder to tell where they're coming from, especially when I'm running for an item. Might just be me though.

Discord: clemchowder633

2015-09-04 13:48:33

You need to use the 32-bit speech control panel. Navigate to c:\windows\syswow64\speech\speechux and choose the sapi.cpl file to get the list of voices that includes 32-bit voices like espeak.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-09-04 17:39:11

hey i found a bug. when i get past 19000 points or so and lots of enemies come at me real fast windows10 dings at me and my character locks up and I cannot do anything. and I checked action center notifications and I have no notifications. so then i just have to sit there and my character dies. can you please fix this? thanks.

2015-09-04 19:47:02

Thanks Key. I actually found the solution after posting when I decided to google it. hahaha.

Discord: clemchowder633

2015-09-04 21:04:47

hey sam can you add a feature where if you run out of ammo and try to shoot you hear a voice that says reload? that's what the arcade games did when i was a kid if you ran out and tried to shoot each time you tried a voice said reload or you just heard an empty gun click sound.

2015-09-05 02:20:01

Hello,

As far as being asked if you want to play again, the game is meant to be portable, so after you exit you can just press enter to play again as it is a self contained file. Does this make sense?

Thanks,

Brandon

2015-09-05 09:17:05

Man, I am trying to figure out how people are getting these 6-digit scores. I can barely break 30k on a good day. Uusally one of the enemy raid items gets me super killed because my weapons just don't have enough ammo to take them down, and reload times are super long. I'm still wondering if people cheated to get there. I bet they did.

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2015-09-05 09:49:52 (edited by Adel-Akbari 2015-09-05 09:53:07)

Hello.
@keyisfull,
I've just reached to about 559258  points, and it's because, I've got some item spawner when I reached to about 100 thousand scores and it increased my health to around 1500 and my ammos very much so I could stand enemies a long time!
Now I'm number 1 in scoreboard

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2015-09-05 10:03:19

Hi there.
Thanks for creating such an awesome game. one thing though, I suggest that you change the gun sounds or lower them a bit, THey're a bit too loud imho.
regards.
Ahmad.

2015-09-05 10:14:33 (edited by keyIsFull 2015-09-05 10:33:58)

Also the sounds of when the enemies attack you and you scream in pain, the pain screams should get louder as you get more injured, and the attacks should probably be made quieter. I can't hear anything above them if I get an enemy raid and a bunch of enemies attack.
The guns, especially the automatic rifle and machine gun, should probably also be quieter. When you get a bunch of firing speed upgrades the sounds layer so much that the volume of everything else is actually forced down by my sound card.

2015-09-05 13:02:32

I finally managed to get a bit higher score with use of mines and a old good knife ... but in the end I got enemy raid 2 times in arro, didn't know what I was doing, and was nearly stabbed to death ... nearly, because before that could happen, I died on my own mine, heh.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2015-09-05 16:05:27

is it hard for u guys to move in this game? I don't know if its lag or what but I can barely run back and forth very frustrating. and I agree with the reload voice like the old arcade shooters like house of the dead

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2015-09-05 16:51:44

Wow, there are currently 446 scores posted ... but changing the sending score sistem so only the highest score of a person could be sent would probably delit all the scores. But soon there'll be more than 1000 scores!

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2015-09-05 17:26:56

lols. nice game. though I think the footsteps should be lowered, because when running it's possible for enemies to sneak up in front of you. but keep up the good work!

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2015-09-05 19:35:47

Agreed, this is a lot of fun.
I too have the automatic rifle messing with sounds a lot because of repeated plays and volume issues, this could probably use a bit of tweeking.
A couple thoughts/bugs:
It seems like when I'm shooting at enemies, the gun tends to hit the ones that are further away from me before it does closer ones, which is a problem when trying to avoid hits.
It'd be cool if you could avoid incoming attacks by jumping over the enemies, instead of them pounding you while you're in mid air.
Great little game, keep it up.

2015-09-06 05:26:24

So far, my highest score was like 34000 or so. I have no clue how people are getting such high scores either. I guess I'll have to keep trying if I want to even think about posting to the scoreboards. Still, it is a fun game.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2015-09-06 06:01:17

yeah, you just have to get really  lucky with items. Still, I managed to get 84500 points, and by that time enemies were coming so fast I couldn't reload my weapons fast enough. The target hitting problem becomes really pronounced when you have enemies coming at you that fast. Not hitting the closest enemy is a really big problem, especially since the closest enemy will be attacking you first and overloading your ears with noise. There is also an annoying problem where firing right after an enemy has died will waste one ammunition firing at and destroying (what I assume to be) the corpse of the enemy. So if you are fighting 2 enemies that each would normally take 2 shots to kill, you either have to be able to run away from the second one of them until the first one's body falls, or you have to waste an extra shot.

2015-09-06 10:30:41

I've tried the game and I can only say some words, "perfect beat-em-up".
I managed to get 44000 points but my acuracy is not too good.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2015-09-06 14:01:32

If you hit a raid at 80 or so thousand points your pretty much screwed. I managed to survive a 16 man raid only because I had roughly 6 K health to burn through. What happens: you pick the raid item up, 16 guys instantly spawn, they all charge into you at max speed and you end up taking about 200 damage a second because they all can hit you. Then that corpse bug kicks in, and guys 2 through 16 get shielded buy guy 1, who you've killed but his corpse is acting like a shield. Reload speed paradises need to become a thing also because weapon reloads at the higher end become agonizingly slow and your knife and fists  do hardly any damage. The game is still real fun though, and I am off to try and beat my 97 K best score.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2015-09-06 23:04:50

I got a score of around 60000 last night but then I got totally owned by an enemy raid.
One thing I did notice is that, if you get a bunch of extra speed for your automatic weapons, you can just barely tap the control key and all your ammo is pretty much gone. Then you have to wait for ages for the weapons to reload.

2015-09-06 23:28:01

the best trick then, @turtlepower17, is only to use the automatic weapons when there are multiple enemies closing in, as though you might waste a lot of ammo, those enemies sure will be gone.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2015-09-06 23:39:09

Wish there were knife upgrades

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2015-09-06 23:40:28

yeah the paradise upgrades should affect the knife, and maybe the fists, as well as the other weapons. I think there should also be knife range upgrades available, but only 1 range per upgrade. The other weapons, since they are guns, don't really need this.