2015-08-18 22:33:38

Hello,
Oh wow. Now this is the Aprone I remember from the Towers of War days! I'll give this a shot now and if there's the travelling issue I'll remember to save and upload this time. This is awesome.

2015-08-18 22:41:52

Hello,
Sorry to post so soon with something like this, but I've got another bug to report. When saving and exiting the game, and you just pres escape while in the save game window, it asks you if you want to overright a file rather than cancelling directly.

2015-08-18 23:02:18

Aaron, I'll take a look at that.  So far I can't get it to repeat that same message for me, but I'll try a few more things.  Mine just says canceled every time.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2015-08-18 23:25:02

Bug found: if you choose to save a game and type in a file name that already exists, and you choose no to the overwrite message, you can no longer play your game.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-08-18 23:32:20

Key, do you mean it damages the saved game file?

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-08-19 00:00:12

Just tested that and I think he ment that, when you say no, it doesn't bring you back to the game you are playing right now or back to the edit box to tipe a save name, but exits the game without saving. So if you do that, you luse your game. I am sorry if I'm wrong, but pritty sure he ment that.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2015-08-19 04:06:58

This game is brutal; I still say you should make the chance of exhaustion recovery either (1) in general a higher number, or (2) make the chance go up by maybe 15 to 30% for every round that the person doesn't do anything. I had two or three depressed people and sat them out for 3 turns without them recuperating, and this was on baby steps. That slowed me down, because they were stuck in the ice valley, which has almost nothing that you can do. Eventually, 4 people died because of food shortages and dpression. Had they not been exhausted I probably would have risked moving them to the ice folds or the second ridge.

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2015-08-19 04:45:56

Mayana, I believe I understand now, thanks.  I can fix that when I get home from work tonight.

KeyIsFull, while I'm making code changes I think I will take a look at those percentages.  Even if I only raise them for the baby steps difficulty, that would still help people out.  I enjoyed reading about your people stranded on the Ice valley.  It is a great example to go with your "this game is brutal" opening statement!  big_smile  haha

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-08-19 08:40:36

Aprone: Regarding the language file, yeah I see the issue. big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-08-19 09:59:41

I've posted an update that includes the talked about bug fixes, and a few extra goodies.  Enjoy.

Changes from 0.4g to 0.5

- Fixed a bug that caused unwanted behavior when users pressed the cancel button during file loading or saving.
- Low morale has a higher effect on teenagers than on adults, because teenagers are all about the drama.
- Low morale has a lower effect on seniors than on adults, because seniors have already lived through a lot.
- The warming effect of blankets ,coats, and animal furs has been increased by a small amount.
- Children and seniors have a higher risk of becoming exhausted.
- Teenagers have a lower risk of becoming exhausted.
- The odds of an adult becoming exhausted has been very slightly reduced.
- Bleeding from cuts and wounds increases the odds that a person will become exhausted, because of the tiring effect of blood loss.
- Added the Java man perk.  Reduces the odds of people becoming exhausted when over worked.  This perk also improves the chances of exhaustion wearing off after resting.
- The odds for exhaustion to wear off have been greatly increased.  Each additional day rested further increases the odds.
- Very slowly new wolves will show up to fill in ones that were killed.  This won't have much of an effect on most players, but I wanted to make sure the game will never permanently run out of wolves.
- A few of the fire messages were updated to make sure they include the name of the location they are at.
- Added the Smokey the bear fault.  There is a small chance that during the night your fire will suddenly go out.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-08-19 12:45:10

Woo, it's rather brutal now. I'm not going to try it out around this hour though, might download it late at night. My net sucks, and I can't wait to translate Castaways. It's gonna be my first official translation, heh.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2015-08-19 12:59:01

awesome game. sound effects would make it a lot more fun i think.

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2015-08-19 13:37:59

Hi, the smokey the bear fault doesn't show up when you are  choosing a fault to select. That's kind of weird.

2015-08-19 14:29:20

Hello,
What is meant to happen if everyone dies? On my end, it just says you have 10 but 10 died, and still allows me to end my turn with nothing happening. I presed escape to exit the sumary window. Is the game supposed to end?

2015-08-19 14:31:12

yep, that just happened. I played on baby steps and got my last person to the forest's edge after 47 days. I guess, since it is so hard to win this game, the best we can do is see who survives the greatest number of days...

2015-08-19 14:44:36

Hello,
I'm now having the travelling issue again. Below is a save file, with people in two different places, and the ones further along doing nothing:
I notice that this sometimes happens if you don't exit the location menu and go back to the day menu, before choosing another person. So, choose a person, but only press escape once, then choose another person. This is also happening even if I go all the way back to the day menu as well now.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1777870/game2.sav

2015-08-19 16:08:12

Hello,
I'm also having some bugs: I had 1 person on the first ridge, others in the ice vallie. I wanted to muve everyone but leave 1 person there, because he was tired. I sware I did tell everyone else to travel away.
But they just all rested, even if I checked twice last turn that I set everything right. So I asoomed that maybe I can't have people in 3 diferent locations. So I then muved the person on the first ridge (that was before that also tired).
After that I just droped a blanket from 1 person to give it to a female that was verry cold, but  for some reasen, I wasn't able to pick it up.
I could post the save file here, but from what I tested, I can't open it anymore. It seams to be broken.

2015-08-19 19:22:12

KeyIsFull, I forgot to add it to the menu!  Whoops.

Aaron, nice catch.  The defeat menu was being affected by something else I had changed, so it was never showing up.

Thanks for the save file, it helped a ton!  I do believe I've solved the traveling issue, and I think the same bug was probably causing those items to mess up where you couldn't pick them up.

The update is posted.

Changes from 0.5 to 0.5b

- Fixed the Smokey the bear fault, which was added in the last update but I forgot to actually list it in the menu as an option, hahaha!
- Wolf respawn rate has been adjusted.  It was already pretty low, but I've actually lowered it even more.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the losing screen from coming up once your last person had died.
- Saved game files will now correctly save the summary from your previous day.  The summary was showing up blank after loading in a saved game.  Any files already saved before this was fixed, will still load with blank summaries.
- Fixed a bug that was sometimes affecting travelers, especially when multiple people were traveling together.  This bug was affecting their items and sometimes preventing them from actually traveling once the turn was ended.
- On normal, easy, and baby steps difficulty, you will start out with at least 1 knife and 1 lighter.  Hard and impossible difficulty will still start where you receive only 1 of them, at random.
- Added a new perk, Fruit fly, the double edged sword.  At the end of each night, there is a small chance a person will grow into the next age.  While this is a cool way to turn children into useful adults, there are some disadvantages too.
- Added the Homeless fault.  Each location offers fewer tasks for upgrading your camp.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-08-19 19:47:32

Awesome to see a new game from Aprone! I just downloaded it and will check it out soon, it sounds really fun.
Glad to see you were able to have some time to make something new, you da man, Aprone.

Stevie-3

2015-08-19 20:46:04

Hello,
Wow, I can now say that this is an enjoyable game. However, I'm wondering something. What is the best way to keep people happy? A lot of them are sad, should I get camps up wherever I can, let them res for a day then just keep moving on, setting up more camps as I go? Should I complete as many tasks as possible at locations, or just do the necessary ones such as gathering supplies and camping before moving on?

2015-08-19 21:17:30

About morale:
Setting up camps is good for everyone at the location.
burying the dead is good for everyone at the location, except the person who was doing the burying.
Making them rest is usually good if the camp isn't already taking morale.
Winning against wolves seems to help the winner.
Moving people around seems to make them stay at their current happiness rating, and can often actually decrease it if the people are moving to a location that decreases morale.
Losing limbs to frostbite decreases morale for the loser of the limb.
The death of a person can sometimes make everyone more sad. I think it might be if they are starved.
Aprone says kids slow down the morale loss, but I am not really sure. It still doesn't make children worth having, really, because they can do so little.

2015-08-19 22:08:53

Hay Aprone, you were right about the menus being cluncky.
To declunckify the menus somewhat, it might be a good idea to make escape always take you back to the summory screen.
The people screen could have a way to assign tasks, so you don't have to back out to the location screen to do that.
If someone is traveling, the task option would just show traveling, or something.
It also might be a good idea to put something at the bottom of the site task screen that shows how many people are doing what task.
Or, better yet, only show each task once, but put something like 0 out of 6 assigned next to it.
I'll play around with this a little more and post what I find...
Later!

2015-08-19 22:30:59

Oh my gosh!
Guys, I think I'm the first audiogames forum member to actually do this, and here's the proof below!
Congratulations!  You have won on day 47.
You ended with a score of 1368.  Difficulty was set to baby steps(very easy).  Perk used was Java man.  Fault used was Odoriffic.  Your people had no religion.
Game over.  Thank you for playing Paw Prints, by Aprone(Jeremy Kaldobsky)
Survived with one person only, but he was very brave and formidable, the last few locations are really good for food, but that's all I'm saying. Oh, there is also an ending to the story as well.

2015-08-19 22:36:55 (edited by Mayana 2015-08-19 22:52:10)

Wow! Congratulations! I hope I also manage to end it someday without loosing hope after someone dies and starting over, heh. I hope I'll manage to do it now that I can make quite a lot of food, and don't need to even starve kids to do that, heh.

@Aprone, it's great that we now automaticly start with a lighter and a knife, but I still sometimes get only one, even if I have set it on baby steps. One time I got 11 knives and even 1 more blanket than usual, but no lighters. One time I got 1 lighter and 1 knife, like I should. And one time I got just a lighter. So is the chanse to get boath just higher, or is this a bug?

2015-08-19 22:51:43

Nice, I always enjoyed castaways so I'm definitely giving this one a try tomorrow.