2016-11-15 01:50:22

@crashmaster the going in too menny directions at once was my own falt, not the users, because I kept listening to too menny suggestions. Let me just say that telling people to stop with their suggestions did absolutely nothing. So will telling people to stop crying and complaining or to comm down. Now, what i'm going to say will sting for those of you who think we're being self entitled, but this needs to be said. Complaining is an importent part of life. Weather its constructive or distructive, it doesn't matter, nore does it matter weather we're dealing with just a game, just a bit of food, etc. Its the people who are the most outspoken who get to the top in life. It doesn't matter how they say it, if their outspoken and give people a reason to support them, they climb up hire on the ranks. That's how it works amongst the sited and that's how it works here. And no. I'm not going to play the anti complaint card. As someone who livd in an environment where saying something sucked or calling someone a jerk would get you in trouble, and finding out the hard way that life doesn't work that way and isn't nicey nice, I support those upset with gyro, because as was stated, he's provided prommiss after prommiss. In the relm of biznis, their's no room for excuses like that, and i'm willing to bet you all do exactly the same thing to nether realms when they discontinued the mk pc port, and i'm sure you do the same thing towards electronic arts when they screw up a game you like. It doesn't matter how menny people are behind the wiel. What gyro does makes no difference, the ultimit goal is, weather its him or E A, they all do the same thing, they provide you with a product and if they prommiss you a product on a release date and you don't get it, doesn't matter what that product is, unless your in a communist country that repress's all opinions, your entitled to voice that opinion, just like your entitled to voice to me that my opinion is not worth listening too if that's jenuanly how you feel. That's what free speech is. Now i'm sure the question is going to get asked again, danny, surely you wouldn't like it if you were on the receiving end of your and steve's comments. Let me tell you that I already have been on the receiving end. I've had people tell me on swomp, to my face that whatever project I was not working on was not a good game. Was I upset, sure. But that's on me, not the person. The simple understanding is, and this is how it works in the reel world, is that you voice your opinion, how I choose to take it is not on you, its on me. And i'd like it if I got unsugarcoted posts when I released a project. I don't mined if people say my game sucks. To me, those comments, even if they don't appear helpful in improving my work, remind me that their's balance. My work isn't being over hyped, i'm not being championed as an amazing game dev with the power to do absolutely anything.

Check out the new reality software site. http://realitysoftware.noip.us

2016-11-15 08:35:47

Blind or not, I'm just reacting like most people would react.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-11-15 11:16:36

Huh, I've read the new posts I missed for long time and I'm just shocked, comfused and hmm, hard to tel what I should think about this in general.

First of all, I can understand everyone complaining about release dates etc. I'm working on one project but rather than giving a specific release date I'm waiting when I will be able to do that. Jake is actually setting a trap and closing himself inside, why? He's promising over and over with every next game and actually this is what I hate, what most of the gamers hate so much and no matter big companies are doing the same, it's something to learn from and for sure not to follow.
Regarding the promises about unique, exciting, superior and innovative game? yeah, I hear that a couple of times before and as I played most of the games (all probably) from Breakerbox I need to say every single one is buggy as hell, navigation there is making these more frustrating than fun and lastly, sound design isn't high quality for me. Most of the sounds are from other previous titles and many times there's quality / volume problems.
Now I'll be probably called 'RUDE MEMBER' what I'm not care about to be fair. I just expressed my opinions without attacking someone or something like that. I hate devs who are actually using this kind of tricks and as many members of this forum knows me personally more or les know, I'm a kind of guy who will SUPPORT CREATIVE and UNIQUE and AMBITIOUS projects. I've learned in the past how to react on this kind of situations and sometimes it's better to not say anything and ignore it than arguing, preordering a game, waiting for it for another year or so... smile
As my final word here, cheers!

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2016-11-16 00:41:16

Danny,

The fact that you can't or won't differentiate between good complaints and bad ones tells me a lot about you as a person. First and foremost, and really the only thing germain to this discussion, is that you really and truly don't understand how people work, nor how the world works.

Let me demonstrate with an example. First, a good complaint. Then, a bad one.

Good complaint: I'm kind of tired of this. Breakerbox Games has a habit of missing release dates, and it's really hurting them as a company. I wish they'd either keep to their dates better, or simply stop making promises. It's a let-down, and it's ruining my faith in the company. If enough people feel the same way I do, it's really going to hurt their business. If this continues, I definitely won't be supporting them anymore, and will be seeking a refund for the games I've pre-ordered from them. This isn't good business practice.

Bad complaint: Oh my god, Breakerbox Games is so stupid. This is really shitty development, making promise after promise that you can't keep and then making buggy, crappy games that no one even really likes anyway. I want my money back but I didn't hear anything from Gyro when I emailed him. What a bad developer. Developers like this give our community a bad name.

Note how the first complaint brings up a whole lot of valid points, but never resorts to things like personal attack, slander or exaggeration of the facts? Note, in contrast, how the second, bad complaint does all of those things to some extent?

There is a difference to be outlined here, and it's this:
Complain badly, and you just come off looking spoiled, entitled, uninformed and mean-spirited. Complain the right way, and you come across exactly the way you want (to wit, a dissatisfied customer or potential customer with very realistic gripes).

You don't force progress by deliberately inflaming people or by complaining in an immature fashion. You hope for progress by complaining constructively. Whining doesn't make the world go round; criticism, however, does. There's an enormous difference, and the fact that least a few of you can't or won't see the gulf between them is probably the single most discouraging thing I've read, heard or experienced all day.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2016-11-16 01:42:55

i agree with jayde in his last post, my english skills aren't enough for writing something like that, yet. as a side note, it is funny how i can read and understand things no problem, but when it comes to writing, i keep forgeting words hahaha.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2016-11-16 04:47:31

So it's not okay to voice complaints about game developers in a certain way, however it is to make down putting remarks towards a fellow forum member? That's not the way the world works either... you can't have cake and eat it too, as I think the expression goes.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2016-11-16 07:58:22

If you consider a truthful indictment of character flaws down-putting, then that's your issue, not mine. If you'd care to quote specific bits where you think I was too harsh, however, by all means show me the passages in question. Hey, I'm no saint. I've gone off the high side before. If I've been too harsh in my criticism, I'll be the first to own it and offer an apology for harsh conduct.

However, let me accompany that offer with a caveat.
Calling you out isn't the same as putting you down.
Saying that you aren't cognizant of the effect your opinion has on people, or impugning your ability to see how the world works, is a statement of fact. It has been demonstrated beyond all reasonable doubt. It is not a personal attack. I did my best, however, to accompany it with an explanation of the issue, so that rather than just seeing it as a criticism of character, you might perhaps understand, if not agree with, the point I was making.
In other words, don't quote something where I've been very direct, and cite it as a personal attack. I'm looking for offensive language or personal insult here. If there's any of that, let me see it, and I'll grant you the apology you deserve for it.

Lacking that, however, I'm sticking to my point. In essence, at this point in time at least, I see what I did as the "good complaining" I alluded to in my last post. I was firm, but I don't believe at present that I was overly harsh, especially given that the targets of my complaining had already displayed a wanton disregard for the feelings of others, which is most of the reason I spoke up in the first place.

In other words: don't poke a bear and then cry foul when he bites you. If you can't stand being criticized in the way I did, maybe you should consider more closely the way your words might affect others. Your right to free speech is inviolate, but so is mine; if you don't like something, speak up, but I'm going to do the same. Most of all, if you expect good results from a complaint, it is a really excellent idea to remember that the target of your complaint, no matter how much they might have hurt, upset, bothered, betrayed or otherwise done you wrong, is still a human being with feelings.

So have on. Please show me where I've been overly harsh. I'm all ears, as the saying goes.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2016-11-16 08:07:48

Hey guys, can we please take the information that is in the last few posts and put them somewhere else? It really has nothing specifically to do with this topic. I would really like to get the topic back on hand. As of now, there is really no update as far as the game progressed. We still haven't gotten the beta of it.

2016-11-16 16:53:11

jade wrote:

The fact that you can't or won't differentiate between good complaints and bad ones tells me a lot about you as a person. First and foremost, and really the only thing germain to this discussion, is that you really and truly don't understand how people work, nor how the world works.

What's different from that and telling a game developer he/she clearly doesn't know anything about what they're doing given the evidence?
Basically nothing. Don't tell others to criticize nicely and do the opposite in the same post. At least if you're going to make a point, stay consistent: I don't debate with those who are unable to do that. You want to do that type of criticizing? I do it to, I'm not going to call you out on it: what you said to Danny, well, that's just an example of criticism. But then don't go and tell people to word their criticism nicely if you yourself just finished telling someone they don't know how the world and people work, based on opinions they've expressed. That doesn't add up. Anyway, Sean Terry is right... this is rapidly deteriorating. I'm done posting here, because I've spoken my piece.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.

2016-11-17 11:11:50

What I find a bit distasteful is this mentality of, I'm going to get in the last word, then take the high road and say I'm done posting so that any future posts from my opponent make him look like the bad guy.

Everyone is entitled to free speech thus far, but freedom of speech doesn't mean you should always say what you want, it just means that you can. It also doesn't mean that you suffer no consequences for what is said.

This is why most game developers, including gyro, appreciate constructive criticism, and why constructive criticism is always good, no matter how many times a developer has messed up in the past. I've really never seen anyone get better with finger wagging and blame tossing.

2016-11-17 19:20:05

No!  No no no!  Freedom!  Liberation!  All without responsibility or virtue!  Let's all start a free for all fest!  It's free to join, free to speak, free to riot and free to be freely free for all and from all...  We won't tolerate those who are intolerant of this freedom and liberty and choice for choosing not to be free... Oh wait... Um, never mind... Proceed with your topic as is... forget I said anything!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2016-11-18 03:25:39 (edited by The Dwarfer 2016-11-18 03:26:36)

breaking my own rule, because 660 proved a good point... wink
No David, that does not, mean I'm shutting out my "opponent" so I can exalt myself in any way. It means that simply I have nothing to say on the edge of winter matter, or the criticism matter, that my peace has been spoken. Just because some people continue to devolve a game topic into a topic about how someone else supposedly got offended at someone's post about someone else, does not mean I wish to. And just as people have consequences for what they say, remember that people have consequences for what they do, (Gyro). Now I would say I'm not posting here again on since I do in fact believe I've covered all I needed to say in all 3 topics of this this individual topic, but... not trying to make myself look like the high and mighty with no good contributions.

2016-11-18 08:52:36

So, has any beta version been released yet? It should have been send to the testers now, out from Jyros last post.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2016-11-18 11:56:35

Nothing yet.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2016-11-18 13:09:26

he said it would be out within 2 hours 6 hof! ago. what does this developer get out of talking utter rubbish and expecting us to believe it?

2016-11-18 13:49:15

i must buy it?

2016-11-18 16:30:07

The first test build is out. So, hopefully the game will be out soon.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2016-11-18 16:37:09

I bought the game, so why don't I get the test build?

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2016-11-18 16:42:11

Hi there,

I honestly have no idea; you should email jake and ask him. The testing is going on via a dropbox folder. Maybe if you email jake and ask him, he'll invite you to the folder.
Good luck.

2016-11-18 17:33:36

I look forward to hear more about the test version. I don't understand why us who have payed for the game don't receive the test version automatically, instead of asking for it...

Best regards SLJ.

2016-11-18 17:35:49

Hello all. I'm in the testing team. Since i don't want to create a file in the drop folder with my question here it is. What should i do after i find the body of the coatchman?

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2016-11-18 17:37:50

Sorry for doubleposting. But, you, who payed, should get a polished version, not this, cause its not the most bugfree version:D As far as i'm concerned. Or maybe i am clumsy, who knows.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2016-11-18 18:32:04 (edited by Sean-Terry01 2016-11-18 18:55:39)

I will say this, the Ghost seems to be back. you can seem to walk through walls, and with the new running, the sound of the character while running seems to keep playing even after you let go of the shift key.
Edit
Hi again. I just want to let you all know, I've added a comments and feedback.txt file to the dropbox folder to help Jake keep track of the issues people may have with the test build/s of the game.

2016-11-22 07:10:16 (edited by jyro22 2016-11-22 07:12:13)

Hey everyone,
we've been doing effective game testing with members of audiogames.net for the past several days. The testers found more than 10 issues which I immediately fixed and updated. We also have three new game features. You guys are awesome, I'm adding you to the game credits. The game is significantly improved, I'll keep you posted on testing.
Here's what has been fixed:

+Menu options no longer overlap, they cut crisply at full speed
+No wait for scan completion, you can start a new scan anytime
+Pressing O key allows you to toggle hearing object name upon impact
+Passable objects no longer cause issues
+Missing DLL added
+Crashing during load games fixed
+Random crashes caused by 3D sounds fixed
+Level bounds auto load function added

+Ghost mode fix in progress via castle clean up

I'll go ahead and send a testing invite to all who have purchased Edge as an open invitation to anyone who wants to help, good suggestion thank you. Next we'll start session 2. We'll be ready with the full game release right afterward.
Thanks for your ongoing support.

Sincerely, Jyro

2016-11-22 08:36:24

Hello,

I just hear this in action and I must say it's more or les the same as previously released demo version.

Main problem with the game is how it works. Mechanics are totally screwed and I'm pretty sure it's using the same engine and mechanics from Airik the cleric.

I still hate this scanning thingy. Remember how I played Airik and scanned everything step by step to find things around because well, there's no other way. There are many good examples how navigation could be done in much better way without making gameplay so boring, unresponsive and frustrating. To be fair, I really liked Airik's atmosphere even if every Breakerbox game is using the same sounds (well, atleast some) the same bad quality, the same volume problems but still, it was fun. Problem is, I don't require flashy and super fantastic audio design when gameplay factor is just bad. I was close to falling a sleep after minutes of wandering around the map and  scanning, scanning, scanning and scanning.

Shadow line is the best and perfect example how games should be done. I'm playing SR for over 60 hours and still moving around the world makes me feel like I'm a player, this is true game where I'm not blind.
I know there are more examples of good navigation but it depends on the game genre and type.
It's just so fun when I can hear bumping in to trees and well, scanning around LOL
I'm not a beta tester But maybe you can improove this game to be much more fun than just frustrating, atleast for me, maybe everyone else is thinking in other way but I still knows many who agree with me at this point. smile
Cheers

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759