2007-10-10 01:43:53

Hi all
have problem with jaws v 8.0
bought notebook toshiba a200 satellite, and i hate vista, and install XP system
when I run jaws, get error video intercept, i can't execute-install video
error, a geberal error occuret while modifying the video chain DCRR GENERAL

what can i doing?
i can use jaws, but when i try example use jaws cursor, jaws read it's blank,
and i cant read a text files because for jaws this filers are empty.
help please

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2007-10-10 04:18:55 (edited by cx2 2007-10-10 04:19:20)

I had a problem, not sure on the message, when I first installed Win XP on this self build computer. Turns out the answer was to install graphics drivers from the manufacturer, then reinstall Jaws. Seems the video intercept driver is dependant on having the right graphics drivers for your card.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-10-10 11:15:48

Hi.

Do you have a motherboard cd for this computer? There should be some graphic drivers there you need to get your video intercept driver to work.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2007-10-10 18:51:29 (edited by cx2 2007-10-10 18:52:30)

There may also be drivers on the Toshiba web site, but if it came with Vista and the laptop was designed post Vista then there is a chance there may not be XP drivers available.

Oh, and when was the last time you had a motherboard CD for a laptop? Since it's all integrated you'll usually find it all comes from one or two specific install discs geared to that particular set up.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-10-12 02:56:50

Lol! I remember that quite vivicly Ryan, we tried everywhere and it turned out to be such an easy task! We tried installing video intercept crap from fs, and all, and we got it worked out in the end.

Just a little curious about that pen jaws or whatever its caleld for a USB drive, how do you install that?

2007-10-12 03:10:38

I did it once but don't recall whether you just unzip it, or run an exe and it unzips itself. Either way it isn't hard to do. Note however that unless the computer you're using it with has Jaws authorisation, or you use a USB dongle for authorisation, then it will only run for 40 minutes at a time.

You also must install the graphics intercept manually, and an additional driver I recall if you use a dongle. Wonder how many people use dongles, because I've never heard anyone mention them using one... actually I do once, but only once.

cx2
-----

2007-10-12 22:26:31

Hmm wonder how big dongles are? When I heaer dongle I picture this big, bulky 4 pound object that plugs into  a USB port. I wonder why FS offers Dongles as nobody I know uses one.

2007-10-12 23:06:33

Probably same sort of size as a flash drive I imagine. The purpose would be so you can plug it in to other computers, and use Jaws on more than one computer but only one at once without having to buy more than one license.

A nice idea, but perhaps a little under used. Most people have their copies of Jaws provided for them, and the people doing the providing either don't know about dongles or don't care.

cx2
-----

2007-10-13 04:22:57

Me personally, think that's a cool idea, I guess now ya think about it.

Cuz whenever someone says dongle i think of this giant huge refrigerator-like thing, and what i mean by that is a giant cube or something with information or something to tell jfw... I duno. Im insane...

Well, I know jfw8 has a crack cx2, and according to it it's authorized using a dongle.Catch is there's no dongle plugged in... Interesting way to authorize it...

2007-10-13 11:27:35

hi
I use jaws v 8 autorization version
i have DVD with drivers for my laptop, but this drivers are for vista only and install with vista
can't find good drivers for XP, i can skip this and ddoing something and repair this problem?
thanks for all information

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2007-10-13 13:05:37

I'm afraid like I said if there are no XP drivers available, either through a disc web site or even Windows Update perhaps (try update driver button on the device properties under the device manager) then you're pretty stuck.

cx2
-----