2016-11-12 13:52:29

Thanks Nuno. With over 1100 diary elements the full version would be a mess but maybe the find option could have a variant where it returns all matches and not only the first one. I will look into it.
There are many links across the game and quests that rely on several areas. The only global link is the wizard quest: each level quest feeds the next until the solution.

2016-11-12 20:44:14

Hi,
I somehow cannot connect to the game. I tried it with putty, but it just made a Sound that something went wrong and closed. I tried the web Client, but it showed me that the Website cannot be shown. Then I tried the Java Client but Java said that there was a Problem with the application. May someone help me, please?
Greetings and thanks,
Keskorian

2016-11-13 15:46:49

You may want to try a mud client. Putty isn't recommended.

2016-11-13 16:35:20

What Client could I use?
Greetings and thanks,
Keskorian

2016-11-13 19:29:48

Hi, I always connect with putty without issues. You must set port 2001 and connection type telnet.
The web client is currently down, I will try to restart it tomorrow, though it may be rewritten / discontinued at some point.
The Java client is not working anymore due to security restrictions by Oracle that require developers to pay for certificates (and this is a free mud).
I know other players connect with VIPmud ou zmud, though I never tried them.
Hope to see you around!

2016-11-13 22:36:48

yeah, putty works good, I just started playing and I realy like the game, Keep on the good work.
Greetings and thanks,
Keskorian

2016-11-14 02:58:07

I'd recommend mushclient, actually. It works well with frandum and every other mud.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2016-11-14 12:36:31

Hello,
I accepted farmer's quest. How to find the killer of chen?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2016-11-14 16:41:31

@Nuno : just answered you via an ingame mail

2016-11-22 17:52:07

So... the time has come for the mandatory regular advertisement through the latest game additions:
- When trying weapons and armours you will directly see the impact without having to check your score or protections. Sheaths and scabbards are also at last taken into account when you (un)wield
- The diary is more user friendly than ever, allowing direct search (e.g. "diary novice" to get the novice quest and book)
- AREA now works with the name of an area
- GO is more flexible and works from farther to cross the world in one command and enjoy the ride
- You will be able to enchant more things and see your remaining magical potency more clearly
- GATHER now lists everything you can gather in a room so you can make your choice
- Eventually, a very big area has just opened in the west with clear intellectual challenges for high-level players

Thanks to our players: some come and go but overall the community is growing, the most dedicated players are approaching mid-race and the game is less and less silent. We still have changes in store to reward you. Stay connected!

2016-12-09 10:20:08

Dear (future/ex/busy irl) players who may have missed that. Since our last update, Frandum now has:
- Automatic alignment: if you want to join a cult, find the main temple, pray and follow a unique ceremony managed directly by the game's NPCs
- A whole new craft: tanning. Gather various skins from your foes and tan them into powerful leather which you will then be able to transform into armour or, you know, leathery stuff
- A Hold command, so you don't drop precious stuff while fleeing
- Better inventory to regroup similar items and display the overall load you, your pockets or your containers carry
- A consider command, to make it less confusing for players coming from other worlds
- Houses (plural intended) and pets for you to purchase
Coming next: cooking (@Dark, you have not been forsaken)
Frandum needs you, so why not keep warm with your favorite client plugged onto frandum.fr 2001 while others shiver outside (or, you know, go to the beach if you are close to the equator or below it, erhm)?

2016-12-09 15:26:37

Omg Feyn! I so so so so so so so love you and these new editions! You do know I've been following the update, though can't do much more than just read news for now because of life stuff and sometimes lack of brainpower to think through various puzzles. I'm still around though.:)

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2016-12-11 18:22:57

Automatic Allignment? Is this only for a specific guild?

2016-12-11 20:06:43

Well joining guilds has always been automatic. Alignment here means on the religious level: now you can become a follower of Galanhir (good), Reset (neutrals) or Shezael (evil) on your own, without having to wait for a PC priest to enlighten you.

2016-12-12 07:39:08

I wanna try that. may be i should make an alt and go through, only if...I can figure out that champion spell quest!...:(

2016-12-12 12:03:43

@Mata: I think its hint time whenever I see you connected!

For the religious ceremony, we got our first evil since it was added yesterday, and she enjoyed it a lot (if you're on this side of enjoyment of course, eh eh).

2016-12-17 08:10:06

Seriously, this new diary changes is kinda confusing. For starters, some minor spoilers for the Amateur spells quest below.
I got some help from Serity on this one, because the diary leads you in odd places. When I was done completing the Amateur quest and got the spells rittle, another entry was added to my diary. I sent to this place, got the item it was hinting at and eventually found who to give it to. I gave it to them, and my "amateur Spells" still had an "X" next to it. So I was like okay what am I missing? Turns out I was missing the part where I say hi to him to trigger the beginning of the quest. So basically, if I had been doing it right, I was to get the amateur rittle from oricle, go talk to this guy, get the object in question, give it to him, he exahgnes it for another item he gives me, I get the info from it and then do the Volcano part.
That's not how I did it t hough, and as a result I would've never got it fully complete if I didn't say hello to this hawk guy first.

Perhaps the diary shouldn't have given the Chimney hint part after the Volcano part was complete, instead telling me to go to the forest instead. However, I was drawn to the Chimney. The rittle hinted at the forest, but I had wondered why the chimney entry appeared there.

2016-12-17 12:10:36

Er feyn, it's not!:(
Oh yeah if i didn't figure out at first, i could have roamed endlessly searching for the hint to the invoker as well yesterday. And I think I'm doing the same mistake to the rogue quest chain. Not sure what part is missing.

2016-12-17 19:50:39

@Orin: be careful, the Amateur diary entry contains both the Amateur quest (volcano) + the Amateur spell quest (letter). It appears you had completed part of the spell quest before knowing it was a spell quest, so when you discovered the riddle it got checked automatically. Maybe it shouldn't until you do the step before, but I'm not one in favor of strict "railway" quests where you have to do step 1 before step 2, then step 2 before step 3 if the quest does not require it. It's why Frandum is such an open world after all. This being said, it's always good practice to start from the riddle and talk to people before imagining what they want. Hope you got it sorted out since then, it's difficult for me to connect to the game proper and check on your progress for an extended week more!

2016-12-17 22:22:02

Yay, foolhardy now!

2016-12-19 01:02:58

Cheers!

2016-12-19 13:55:56

Pumped myself with a few more points last time I logged in. So happy!

2016-12-27 10:09:46

Merry Christmas guys!

Frandum came with a present a couple of weeks ago: the diary has been vastly improved with new syntax and quest steps are now grouped so you can see your progression and filter on pending quests only. Existing players will have to go visit the people who told them about what they needed again to track the quest triggers in the diary (and never forget about them!).
Other changes include a release command to see the exact list of changes for new versions (esp. changes which do not make it to the news) and general improvements around syntax, prompts, delimiters, OOC, who/finger...

2016-12-27 10:50:59

How does diary area work? Shows quests you've done in an area?

2016-12-28 10:17:13

It positions your diary on the page corresponding to the area you are in