2021-01-30 18:23:17

So, in the new version, i hope there's a lot more to do, because once you get like 20000 troops. then it's kinda of boring because no one can beat you.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-01-31 04:33:01

it gets harder in the real version because you can "explore new lands" when you have eliminated some of the other kingdoms and then they will be replaced with bigger and stronger kingdoms that have more lands, a lot more troops, and the like and it gets progressively harder. Also, if you're wanting a real challenge, the demons are definitely up there as a major threat. Each demonic warrior is incredibly powerful and unless you outnumber them like 100:1 or more you don't stand a chance.

2021-01-31 05:49:28

@802 thanks. i was lucky in uf to be a deamon kingdom, and have a supply of deamon troops each turn, lol

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-01-31 13:50:57

@Titan_of_War, in the full game there are mountains of ways to get gold, laws, upgrades, buying buildings, taking over locations, selling units etc

@Arnold18, Glad you like the gnome insult system, I made it for a joke a while back and then was testing it and realised it could be better, we had a competition and got over 300 new insults and several bonus systems and I fucking love it now haha

Also as for the double named thing, In that instance one of them is the winner and the other opponent must have had the same name because the loser also gets paid but a little less gold.

@Titan_of_War, Your kingdom has lands and so do other factions, more lands is more recruits and income, you can invade to take land from others.

In the full version of the game there are over 10'000 changes, maybe even 20'000... tons of new features, laws, locations, things to do, factions, content, tons of reworks.

Last Free Version of Warsim (0.6.8.7) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewnm4cehswu6m … m.zip?dl=1
Steam version of Warsim (0.7) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/65954 … na/?beta=0
Itch.io Version of Warsim (0.7) - https://huw2k8.itch.io/warsim

2021-01-31 13:55:27 (edited by arnold18 2021-01-31 14:09:20)

Another little typo, if you get the animal fight pit and upgrade it, the screen writes: You pass by a the great animal fight pit.
Wastelander, no, i know its two different named brawlers. If two brawlers, for example a grizzled and a nasty brawler fights, and the grizzled wins, then the grizzled is shown as the winner and the loser for some reason when the gold is paid, i reproduced this countless times.
edit: I  almost feel bad reporting this because its just a superhuge exploit wink If you do a tournament, and bet the max amount, and win, the arena still accepts regular bets. Winnings came to like 1.5 million with this method per year.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2021-01-31 16:00:47

Can we play Warsim on Mac yet or is it a windows only thing?

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2021-01-31 17:09:15 (edited by defender 2021-01-31 17:09:50)

Windows only, because it's in the Windows console.
But you can always fire up an XP VM with a single core and a couple GB of RAM just fine.

2021-01-31 20:58:42

Really excited to see what this paid version is like.

― Frederic Chopin.

2021-02-01 15:56:44

@Arnold, thanks for the reports, will look into them all

@Titan_of_War, I can't wait to hear what you think of it

Last Free Version of Warsim (0.6.8.7) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewnm4cehswu6m … m.zip?dl=1
Steam version of Warsim (0.7) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/65954 … na/?beta=0

2021-02-01 17:00:02

@2,807
xp could work pritty fine on just 512 mb of ram, so yeah it wont take much

2021-02-06 21:22:45

Finaly, got to this. Took like 20000 men total, but finaly dealt with them. That last 600 demons when you enter the realm almost got me. "With the Demonic Army dead you charge into the Citadel after the Demon Overlord
The place is horrible, the walls are made of flesh and covered in eyes and loud
desperate screams can be heard from all around.
Press any key to continue . . ."

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2021-02-06 22:26:18

yeah demons are the endgame boss

2021-02-06 23:36:52

Heh, a while ago i went in with like 200 thousand soldiers and all my peasents and I still lost thirty thousand men

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-02-07 06:52:42

can't wait to get to that part. lol

― Frederic Chopin.

2021-02-07 13:37:17

@Arnold18, congratulations mate!

2021-02-07 19:25:26

A bug I'm not sure if you know about.
At least with the mine in the west, if it gets completely exhausted of ore, and you then find a new cavern with prospecting it still showss as empty, and you can't assign peasants there.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2021-02-08 13:13:33

Hey Everyone,

So this update has come about while I've been planning the combat stuff, I've been given an ungodly amount of bug reports by a diligent Warsim community member known as TJtheSoundBoard and u/TheSoundBoard on reddit. Getting the bugs sorted is always important so I've been trawling through them and caught/added new things along the way. I hope you guys like it!

TERRAFORMER'S TROVE (4 features)

TJ made a suggestion that terraforming should have a chance to reveal loot, now you can get all sorts of stuff.

* Added chance of discovering a chest of loot in the ground when ordering land to be terraformed (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added rare chance of discovering pile of 2-7 bluetrii fruit in the ground when ordering land to be terraformed (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added rare chance of discovering a chest of 20-5000 gold coins in the ground when ordering land to be terraformed (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added rare chance of discovering a chaos orb in the ground when ordering land to be terraformed (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)

ENLISTING SONS ENCOUNTER (11 features)

There are several variants for the 'Sons for hire' type encounter in the throne room, after ending up here due to a bug report by TJ I ended up expanding the reactions to be unique depending on the variant.

* Added sound effect for boys enlisting or forced enlisting throne room encounter (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed 4 text bugs in boys for enlistment in throne room encounters (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added new reaction for forced enlistment and hiring in 'boys for hire' throne room encounter
* Added new reaction for forced enlistment and hiring in 'unchallenging work lads' throne room encounter
* Added new reaction for forced enlistment and hiring in 'too many sons' throne room encounter
* Added new reaction for forced enlistment and hiring in 'orphan sale' throne room encounter
* Added new reaction for forced enlistment and hiring in 'village elder decree' throne room encounter
* Added new reaction for forced enlistment and hiring in 'no good bastards' throne room encounter
* Added new reaction for forced enlistment and hiring in 'two problems' throne room encounter
* Added new reaction for forced enlistment and hiring in 'militia like deal' throne room encounter
* Added new reaction for forced enlistment and hiring in 'strong lineage man' throne room encounter

MUSHROOM TRIP IMPROVEMENTS (13 features)

I've tried to expand these trips a little bit, some extra encounters and some polish on the ones currently there.

* Added trip themes for Mushroom trips (mixed, good, bad)
* Made some trip encounters specifically only appear during good/bad or mixed trips
* Fixed issues with many trip encounter graphics sizes
* Fixed 15 text bugs with trip encounter texts
* Rewrote several trip encounter texts
* Added 'I think I feel happy' trip encounter
* Added 'Where's my hand' trip encounter
* Added 'Floating head' trip encounter
* Added 'Watching eye' trip encounter
* Added 'Loving eye' trip encounter
* Added 'Character revelation' trip encounter
* Added 'Wiggle your face' trip encounter
* Added 'Words...' trip encounter

NAIRO'S PARTY EXPANDED (6 features)

Just a few new additions to the best houseparty in Darkdale

* Added second followup reaction to Myck being offered ale twice at a party at Nairos
* Added new nairo event 'hello my good friend'
* Added new nairo event 'if you're thirsty'
* Added new nairo event 'an encore, of course'
* Added new nairo event 'it's got a kick'
* Added new nairo event 'Two words'

BLACKMARKET SLAVERY (6 features)

TJ mentioned that when banning slavery in the Blackmarket, the previously enslaved people seemingly evapourate... now they are accounted for, and the system in-general has been expanded.

* Added new screen when banning slavery in the Blackmarket (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added random number of free Blackmarket slaves join slums population (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added remaining freed slaves in Blackmarket become scum for hire in the slums (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added new screen when legalizing slavery in the Blackmarket (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added +3 public opinion gain for banning Blackmarket slavery
* Added -5 public opinion loss when legalizing slavery

THE GAMBLER RETURNS (4 features)

A lot of people were asking for more follow up throne room encounters that progress over time, while testing I found a good candidate for this, giving a gambling man a small sum of gold. Now there are several potential things that could happen if the gambler gets lucky!

* Added 1 in 3 chance that man asking for gold to gamble with returns later in the throne room
* Added gambler made something of themselves throne room encounter (gambling gold granted follow up)
* Added small fortune throne room encounter (gambling gold granted follow up)
* Added return what you gave me throne room encounter (gambling gold granted follow up)

ORB SELLER NOW BUYER (5 features)

TJ mentioned that the Blackmarket orb seller should be able to also buy orbs, I've given him a little overhaul to fit with this, he sells them for 10k but buys them for 5k.

* Added ability to sell chaos orbs to Blackmarket orb seller (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Rewrote orb buying screen and text to allow for multiple orbs
* Removed useless screen for not having the gold to buy an orb from the orb seller
* Fixed being booted out of menu for orb seller when buying an orb
* Made it so that orb seller has 1 in 15 chance per year of gaining a new orb

DARKDALE TAX CHANGES (2 features)

TJ rightfully pointed out that as Darkdales ruler, removing a few of the smaller local businesses should have some effect... so now it does.

* Added closing Kaff's legitimate goods reducing Darkdale tax by 1% (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added closing goblin slap stall reduces Darkdale tax by 0.1% (credit TJTheSoundBoard)

SLEEPY'S STALL (10 features)

A homage to a good friend, find this strange new character in Darkdale's market district!

* Added new location 'Sleepy's Stall' to Darkdale Market District
* Added the ability to pay sleepy to pet cats
* Added the ability to pay sleepy to light coloured candles (15 types)
* Added the ability to pay sleepy to drink an ale
* Added special screen for sleepy getting too drunk
* Added ability to talk to sleepy (10 dialogues)
* Added ability to shut down sleepys stall if you run Darkdale
* Added closing sleepy's stall reduces Darkdale tax by 0.2%
* Added ability to find sleepy again in a secret location if he's been removed from Darkdale
* Added ability to talk to sleepy after Darkdale removal (6 dialogues)

A NEW CHEAT (1 features)

A hillarious suggestion that I had to put in.

* Added new cheat code '2020' that causes plague (credit Minty and Defender)

NEW NAME PREFIXES (31 features)

A heap of new character name suffixes inspired mostly by a member of the Warsim discord with the name Titan of War, now we've got all the titans.

* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of War' (+60 battlescore) (Credit Titan of War)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan' (+49 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of Speed' (+45 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of Strength' (+52 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of Mercy' (+30 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of Death' (+62 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of Love' (+60 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of Hate' (+59 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of Loss' (+44 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of Murder' (+61 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of Bones' (+60 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of Blood' (+60 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of Sleep' (+39 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of Swords' (+49 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of Steel' (+52 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of Shields' (+42 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of Skulls' (+61 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of Wit' (+39 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of Pain' (+59 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of Evil' (+60 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of Good' (+60 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of Gold' (+55 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of Iron' (+49 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of Sacrifice' (+45 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of Day' (+35 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Titan of Night' (+40 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'The Meatflesh' (+5 battlescore) (can be further randomly generated)
* Added new name suffix 'The Stocker' (+1 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'The Combatant' (+12 battlescore) (can be further randomly generated)
* Added new name suffix 'The Candle-Lighter' (+1 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'The Treejumper' (+10 battlescore)

NEW CHARACTER NAMES (3 features)

A handful of new possible names thanks to Warsim Patreon supporter Joe! Thank you a bunch for the support smile

* Added new Dwarf name 'Borek' (Credit Joe Benavides)
* Added new Human name 'Borkrid (Credit Joe Benavides)
* Added new Lich name 'Gal'berik (Credit Joe Benavides)

CAVE GNOME VISITORS (2 features)

TJ suggested that the hirable throne room gnome insult entertainers should be different if you've discovered the cave gnomes, it's a good idea and now it's in!

* Added discovering cave gnome village gives alternate insult battle hirable entertainers from throne room  who cost 5x less (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added 3 alternate dialogues for cave gnome insult warrior entertainers

THRONE ROOM MUSICIAN CHANGES (3 features)

After a suggestion of having the hirable entertainers from the arrange entertainment section of the throne room refuse to come if your relation to the musicians guild is too low, I've decided to expand the idea to include an opposite effect if you have a really high relation.

* Added hireable musicial solo entertainers are free if you have 100+ relation to musicians guild
* Added hireable musicial solo entertainers refuse to visit you if you have -100 relation to musicians guild (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added 2 new descriptions to musicial entertainer category screen depending on relation to musicians guild

GOLD INDICATION (65 features)

There are still areas where you spend gold that it isn't clear how much you have, this is another attempt at sorting that out AND MY GOD trawling the throne room encounters was a pain.

* Added missing current gold indicator to champion market in Darkdale
* Added missing currnet gold indicator to history guild if you haven't registered
* Added missing gold indicator to child wants coin throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to unit for hire throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to broken fence complaint throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to favourite chicken killed throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to stolen apple throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to chicken killed throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to stolen coin throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to orc-lover throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to bedded throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to kicked the front door in throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to burned down farm over an apple throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to smelly wheat throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to apple tree chopped down throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to flower trampler throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to burn the village throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to he called me ugly throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to fled from a fight throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to punched my wife throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to chop the tree throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to robbed chamber pot throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to punched my snout throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to stick vs teeth throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to lost bet throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to borrowed and not returned throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to tricked out of a bag of gold throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to kicked in the balls throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to rocks and the kids throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to banner wearer angry man throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to goblin wants coin throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to hungry old man throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to old hag throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to man and sons throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to orphans for hire throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to village elders men of age throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to strong lineage throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to small goblin tribe for hire throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to chaos orb seller throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to stray cat throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to cattleless farmer throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to mother of dead soldier throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to slavers for hire throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to diplomat wants to leave throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to spymaster wants to leave throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to general wants to leave throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to farmer needs patrol throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to visiting bard throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to slum gold collector throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to gambler needs gold throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to warrior sword repair throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to knight wants to join order throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to knights want to join order throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to sick mother throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to coastal explorer trade route cost throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to acrobat throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to juggler throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to slave buyer throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to cursed frog man throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to goblin language trainer throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to anoint the grand champion throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to helmet designer throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to seer's services throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to ogre wants gold throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added missing gold indicator to vampire hunter's dues throne room encounter (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)

BUGFIXES (140 features)

Well... this is one of the meatiest bugfix sections I've had in recent memory... thanks a lot TJ!

* Fixed personal champions who challenge arena grand champion and win get a new random face (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed issue with monster pit music not stopping if music is disabled (credit Night_Shift_Sleepy)
* Fixed goblin complaint in throne room text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed quit to desktop not working on forced ending (credit Minty)
* Fixed ability to use dots in monster names causing save game invalidation (Credit Night_Shift_Sleepy)
* Fixed 10 text bugs for high wage soldiers showing 'due to your high wages pair of soldiers join' text (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed 5 text bugs with magical explosion encounter 'An and unexplainable magical explosion' text (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed exploration tutorial text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed vassal tutorial text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed diplomacy tutorial typo 'made' instead of 'make'  (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed diplomacy tutorial text bugs (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed defensive combat tutorial text bugs (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed gold coin in the well text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed music disabled and reset incorrect music issue (credit TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed 2 text bugs in miner texts (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed throne room tutorial text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed Blackmarket leader who are you text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed mercenary tutorial text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed military tutorial text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed spacing bug in western region tutorial (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed gnome insult text error issue (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed demon worshipper becoming a demon event not correctly showing as positive if you are a demon servant (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed peasants becoming demon worshippers not correctly showing as positive if you are demon servant (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed duplicate report of peasants becoming demon worshippers (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed man and sons throne room encounter incorrectly referring to player as lord regardless of lordly title (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed Phenor defeated screen text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed not able to leave large rocky cavern until cave beast is killed (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed a queen will do as he does text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed 22 text and layout bugs in Cave gnome screens
* Fixed maze gnome reference to you as he regardless of gender (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed Blackmarket trade rejection screen incorrect gender referenced (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed slavery advice piece incorrectly referring to player as king regardless of ruler title (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed 35 text and grammar issues in Northern History lesson texts (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed life of death text bug with vampire hunter (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed text bug in vampire hunter dialogue (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed text bug with frog in throne room encounter (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed sending the tall green man through a trap door instead shows the previous throne room visitor going down (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed all faces are ugly throne room reaction citing incorrect ruler title (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed issue with many encounter reactions in throne room missing lines when showing +1 prisoner notifications (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed double public opinion change outcome from broken throne room reaction (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed wild vampire killed encounter not actually removing 1 wild vampire from the population (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed no option to send slave soldier asking for promotion through a trap door (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed soldier imprisoned fights and is killed still showing +1 prisoner (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed the goblin stone location name bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed Hek Plon note at strange statue encounter text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed 5 text bugs in strange statue generic text (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed painting hung up in throne room not being saved once you load a save (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed I am monster text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed unfinished master hunter text for trade caravans (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed knight giving you 100 gold sound effect issue (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed paying for helmet design in throne room sound effect issue (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed waste of gold text shown with weak goblin ale even if you didn't pay for it (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed 4 text bugs with sleeping with skeletons throne room encounter
* Fixed sleepign with skeletons second layer of throne room encounter missing trap door option
* Fixed 7 text bugs with the Oldest tree in Wildwood (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed text bug in Old Northern carving (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed 5 text bugs with Shadow assassins text (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed 3 text bugs with generic tavern dialogues (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed 3 errors with cartographer's guild name text (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed 2 text bugs with Niklas the Bug Hunter's dialogues (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed issue with Dockrow company owning elf (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed missing word in Doomstone fragment selling screen (Credit Defender)
* Fixed 3 text bugs with Goblin Hall of Heroes text (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed text bug with Abandoned house text (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed issue with Dockrow random dialogue (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed 4 texts bugs with sewer mural screens (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed sewer mutant dialogue bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed Pargo trade arms text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed chaos orb in sewer wall text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed monument of kings text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed Attacking Harlaw mining company not cancelling their tribute to you (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed doomstone worshipper text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed Bookrage text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed text bug in Notes of a formerly angry man (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed 4 Blackmarket locals dialogue typos (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed 3 text bugs with fighters pit intros in Blackmarket (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed text bug with Fighter's Pit patron text (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed animal fight pit upgraded description text bug (credit Arnold18)
* Fixed brawl pit winner shows as both winner and loser when you own pit sometimes (Credit Arnold18)
* Fixed text bug with Gwyn dialogue (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed 3 text bugs with Axe bucket ruins text (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed 4 text bugs with spear centre ruins text (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed 3 text bugs with Sharpest dagger ruins text (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed 2 text bugs in Nezale the nose's dialogues (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed speak to random local in the fighter's district option not working (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed 3 text bugs with Blackmarket tours texts (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed exlixir stall text bugs (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed issue with cheatsellers text (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed text bug in Bookseller's stall (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed freeing slave acussed of killing his master instead kills him (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed issue where entering extremely high bet in Arena breaks the game (credit Worksb64)
* Fixed mushroom stall text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed newspaper stall text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed text bug with abandoned house (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed issue with celebration clock text (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed Blackmarket guard post text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed 3 issues with central district visitors text (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed issues with mystery and wonder screen text (credit TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed issues with long story origin text (credit TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed issues with gambler king intro text (credit TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed issue with demonic king origin text (credit TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed issue with bandit king origin text (credit TheGamingDictator)
* Fixed Baiaa laws screen text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed issue with VoidArmy not staying active in game and jumping between save files (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed brawls still happening in the holy land regardless of special Blackmarket changes (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed Blackmarket owned mercenary recruitment rates shown even when you don't own the market (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed Demon horde uprising happens after your death even if you destroyed the Horde (credit Elfien)
* Fixed demonic citadel text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed issue with knight peasant training text (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed text bug with ex-slave joiner encounter (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed jesters son encounter referencing king regardless of you title (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed wording of goblin god scepre relation changes (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed nomadic knight text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed goblin gift giver encounter text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed throne room blessing reaction text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed 15 questing knight send off text bugs
* Fixed knight not returning text issue
* Fixed 2 text bugs in friend of slave encounters
* Fixed tutorial and intro ceremony demonic staff not having red faces (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed Pikener introduction screen for demon king doesn't have red face (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed diplomat has no red face in independent kingdoms diplomacy (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed diplomat has no red face in minor bandit diplomacy (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed 2 text bugs in grand champion anointing event (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed text bug in crowd celebration of grand champion knighting event (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed reference to king in gold down the stream throne room encounter (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed mannequin text bug (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed Kingdom of Krut victory screen blocked by bug and giving out alternate Krut revivial victory screen (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed 3 chopped gift tree text bugs (credit AlChestBreach)
* Fixed issue with being unable to speak to Rihhm leader at all with no screen or indicator why
* Fixed text bug with smallhaven elder refusal to speak screen
* Fixed pit to arena upgrade text bug (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed Pigsy the champion dialogue text bug (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed Pigsy the champion origin text bug (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed knight quest mercenary liberation text bug (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed slave release screen text bug (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed Beyond insane mode (difficult screen option 16#) had incorrect background difficulty modifier (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed Plains race suffix description text bug (Credit llevus)
* Fixed Darkdale taxes not showing up in kingdom reports (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Fixed Smallhaven trade post text bug
* Fixed 15 text and spacing bugs in secret place dialogues

EVERYTHING ELSE (24 features)

Everything I couldn't fit in other sections is now here, quite a few changes, tweaks, and additions!

* Made randomly generated name prefixes twice as common
* Added new option to smash all chaos orbs instead of one by one (Credit felipemiguel051)
* Added new indicator of orb or orbs lost in chaos orb smashing screens
* Added indicator of Blackmarket toll gold being added to the treasury (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added new text for Koova when asked about the Demon gate if it's ruined (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Removed no coins to throw in the well uneeded screen
* Replaced 12 references of King with ruler in advice texts (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added second page of information to throne room introduction explaining steward traits (credit YES YES YES)
* Removed defunct demon hat display system from demon warder throne room encounters (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Rewrote release him outcome for sleeping with skeletons (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added new text blocking options if the player is unable to afford to watch performances in the magic threatre (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Rewrote fighter's district in Blackmarket intro text (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Reworked taxes and subsidies screen options to be clearer (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Rewrote faints to the floor throne room reaction (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Made knight isn't seen or heard from again outcome 25% more rare when sending questing knights
* Removed 5 gold entry fee for watching beast fights (credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added indicator of tribute on main screen of huntsman's rest (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added indicators of trade starting and stopping with huntsman's rest when asked or cancelled (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added 2 new loadtips (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Made smallhaven elder refuse to talk to you if relation is -5 not -1
* Added new indicator of trade deal with Blackmarket (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Made Rihhm and Smallhaven trade and tribute texts exactly the same (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Added a new screen for beating throne room sudden death game master for all his money (Credit TJTheSoundBoard)
* Rewrote several secret place dialogues

WHAT'S NEXT

Well, I'm still in the early phases of the combat update planning and have some remnant bug reports to also work through so I'll keep trudging forward. Thank you everyone for the continued support and to those sharing ideas and reporting bugs, it's all helpful.

Cheers

Huw

2021-02-08 13:30:31 (edited by omer 2021-02-08 13:30:44)

omg, i laughed so hard for 2020 cheat

2021-02-08 19:29:21

Hahaha

2021-02-10 13:18:18

Do I need to start a new game to find recently added hidden area?
If not, a nudge in the right direction where to look for it would be appreciated.
I looked in old places for something new, but without luck.

2021-02-10 14:53:14

You'll need to update to the latest version most likely.

@Huw, a couple suggestions:

Maybe an option to send a percentage of your income to the Royal Bank each turn, so there's a constant stream of money in there. And nextly, the idea of adding more things which you can build to encourage foreign traders to pass through your lands, thus bringing in toll money.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-02-10 15:12:34

Nope, all areas should be accessible from the start. What place are you looking for I can give you a hint?

2021-02-10 15:37:35 (edited by Luel 2021-02-10 15:41:53)

I am looking for Holy Land.
I tried all places which previously did nothing except giving some description, like caves and old ruins.
I found gnomes, vampires and a place which requires a key.

2021-02-10 17:22:32

Hi Wastelander!
Have you ever thought about giving kingdoms something like a area type bonus?
For example: You could have a kingdom on an island so you have to build a port for exploration and trading and so on. But in advantage your enemys have to build ships if they want to attack you.
Or you could have an underground kingdom with a bonus of very nutritious mushrooms.

2021-02-10 20:11:34

Choosing your location would be neat as hell, but so much of the text would have to be changed for that...