2007-10-07 22:00:56

Good news for any good people who've been eagerly awaiting the good lot of extreme goodness that is Montizumas Revenge from Usa games.

Mr. Ward now offers us Beta 2 of the game, a much more stable release, with multi-user support and (best of all iimho), an extra bonus level to practice your treasure grabbing skills on.

You can find beta 2 by Sliding down the slidy rope to the Usa games site

Make sure you remove any previous versions of Monti you might have kicking around your Harddrive, and also be sure to install the net framework 3.0 and latest Direct X upgrades, ----- just check the technical requirements page of Usa games for handy downloads of everything you need.

appologies for repeating myself, but I think the full release of monti will be a staggeringly, amazingly good thing indeed!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-08 16:54:56

This is great! And dark, your writing is just getting better and better!

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-10-08 17:28:14

you picked one of the best news writers for the forums richod! dark, keep up the awsome work! and monty beta 2 is gonna be good i think! better check it out soon i think

2007-10-08 21:15:25

Yes, there's been a lot of discussion on Audyssey about this...

2007-10-08 23:25:43 (edited by dark empathy 2007-10-08 23:27:29)

Well i never said my sources of news were particularly original Andy, did I?

there are however quite a few people not on the audeasy list, ----- not the least people who come across this site randomly (I have at least two friends who fit this description), who might want to know about such things.

Thanks for the compliments about the writing business. generally the amount of surreal silly randomness it contains is a reflection of how I'm feeling at the time, the better my mood, the stranger the post!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-09 15:24:39 (edited by Dan2007 2007-10-09 15:26:12)

I Downloaded it!  Wow!  I am amaized!  How do you get to the bonus level?  The Rest is awesome!  Ok, I'm out of here, I gotta go play it!

i used to take things in life for granted...
now i have a beautiful daughter, and she means the world to me.
(at 19, i can say this is harder than it sounds)

2007-10-10 00:09:56

complete level 1 and you'll be on the bonus level before going to level 2. Apparently, the difference is that if you die on a bonus level you'll not lose a life but move on to the next level, losing the chance to get more bonuses in the process.

2007-10-10 00:14:14

Hey, thanks!  I got one more question, when you listen to the sounds, and it says burning rope, when in the game does the burning rope come in?  And one more, in the manuel, it says that there is spikes and lava, well I haven't seen, or heard any yet.  Can you explain this please?

i used to take things in life for granted...
now i have a beautiful daughter, and she means the world to me.
(at 19, i can say this is harder than it sounds)