2019-03-02 14:05:41

Is crystal clear completely playable with the addon? I feel like trying it out now.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2019-03-02 16:29:38

the Anniversary Edition has weird lables for doors and cave openings. their all labeled warp followed by a number. where do I get clear chrystal? what would I have to do to get it to work?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2019-03-02 16:40:13

Do a Google search for pokemon crystal clear the open world rom hack of pokemon crystal. Then follow Tyler Spyvey's instructions on this thread on what to change to get the footsteps to work then you're good. I forgot what number and the instructions but its here.

2019-03-02 21:37:53

Yeah, you may have to edit one file on the script to get it to work well

pika-san, a pokemon fan! skype: luigimax127
Discord: luigimax127#5490
Pokemon show down username: pika127

2019-03-03 13:01:41

@Zersiax: Normally it should work well even on Windows 10, just make sure your numlock is disabled, otherwise Crystal Access won't be able to intercept keys for the path finder and other informations.
Also I am playing both Polished Crystal Beta 3.0 and Red Plus Plus 3.0.2, and I was quite a bit surprised as Crystal Access has less trouble with Red Plus Plus. Of course it's not perfect and it can only return text from the game, but is much better than Polished Crystal at doing it, and can return more informations during battles. The main flaw is the start menu and pretty much any submenu in it, so sometimes you have to do some trial and error with savestates.
I also asked on the Polished Crystal discord if someone was willing to adapt Crystal Access so that it can work properly with Polished Crystal, and found someone saying he would be willing to try but he is  a bit busy for the moment. So I don't know if it will actually lead to something but I am hopeful. And if it ends also working with the upcoming Red Plus Plus V4 that will use the Polished Crystal engine, it's even better.

2019-03-03 18:50:07

Please keep us posted on the polished crystal thing. Wish someone did that for pokemon prism. It's almost like an entirely different game.

2019-03-03 19:53:39

@pulseman45 the interesting thing is that this is a laptop which, at least to my knowledge, doesn't have a numlock at all smile
So I have no idea why it's doing what it's doing. I'll google if I can somehow disable numlock on a keyboard that doesn't have it, though, but I don't have much hope.

Zersiax

2019-03-03 19:57:59 (edited by flameAlchemist 2019-03-03 20:06:09)

I still don't get what the difference is between crystal clear and the anniversary  one. I found a version of cc its version 2.0 Beta. is that the latest one?

2019-03-03 20:17:16

Yes it is. Play it and see the difference for yourself. I can't explain it any better.

2019-03-03 20:30:14

lol I think that play button issue some of us are having is because of the new emoji support in NVDA. probably going to downgrade unless there is a way to turn that stuff off.

2019-03-03 20:31:10

I don't have time to test this today, but try this guys. Include Unicode Consortium data (including emoji) when processing characters and symbols  check box  checked. try turning that off.

2019-03-03 20:44:12

is their a way to tell what starter pokemon your choosing? when I press rite arrow it doesn't tell me which one  I'm on.

2019-03-03 22:43:49

Yeah, would love to know that as well. I would assume some of the numbers the script uses to keep track of info are just different, but I don't have the knowhow to change them myself.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-03-04 04:14:01

@362 Hmm hadn't noticed that, I just went by the pokemon's cry, which they do the first time you press zed, and if it's not the one you want then you can back out with x and move on to another. However if you are not familiar with the cries then that poses a problem and someone will have to list the available pokemon to choose from in order.

2019-03-04 06:08:06

@pulseman45 That would be awesome, also I totally agree with Kenshira to adapt the script for Prism as well! Hopefully...

Yamaha YM2608

YOU
SAY! - Sonic the Hedgehog CD (Dec 4, 1992 prototype)

2019-03-04 06:45:46 (edited by Shadowcat 2019-03-04 07:10:38)

I'm fairly sure crystal clear would be much easier to do than Prism, lol at least after a quick Google search... Prism almost seems like a whole other game. CC at least seems to keep the majority of crystal's assets as they were, new maps and backend stuff aside. lol The footstep thing being an example, also the random trainers have been replaced by scientists, receptionists, Clares... But we could very easily fix that by just modifying the sprites file, I think? Unless there's more going on to make that work the way it does than I think.

2019-03-04 11:24:47

Oh wow ...so it turned out it was actually the numlock after all :-O
This laptop doesn't even have a number pad, so for as far as I know it doesn't have a numlock button either. I must be wrong though since when I used Sharpkeys to temporarily change my printScreen key to a Numlock key and pressed it, it did toggle it off. And that state seems to be remembered through reboots so ...yeah, no idea but things work a lot better now :-)
As for adapting the scripts, honestly crystal anniversary is already quite playable with them. You don't hear what buildings are there, just warp1, warrp2 etc. but with a bit of exploration it's easy enough to figure out just what those warps mean :-)
Now as for Prism ...yeah ... that is a whole different story. The paths it gives you for getting places often just doesn't work and at times it tells you about things that really aren't even there, which makes the game pretty much unplayable since the maps really aren't very easy to navigate. Which is a shame, because it seems a lot of creativity was put into the game.
Happily playing Crystal Anniversary right now myself and that works quite well :-)
I don't know about Crystal Clear, for as far as I know that, as well as Crystal Kaizo, generally sticks to the regular Crysstal quite a bit more closely so most things should just work, right?
Do any of you know where to find that teamRocket Prepare for Trouble IPS? I can't seem to f ind it anywhere and it seems like it would be fun to play but i hear it was very unfinished still :-)

Zersiax

2019-03-04 11:43:12

In fact someone tried to adapt it for Polished Crystal yesterday, but unfortunately it wasn't a success. He did manage to somewhat fix the path finder at some point, but it was a very partial fix, in Mahogany it would find 173 warps for example, which I suspect might be the total number of warps there are in the game, or in Johto. Pressing P would result in an instant crash. And the harder he tried, the less it worked, and at the current state it seems to not work at all.
He said he had no idea how to fix the footstep function because Polished Crystal is handling movement permission in a completely different way. Finally, to make things less frustrating, he asked me if he would need a screen reader to debug it himself, I said he could use NVDA, and turns out he isn't using Windows. If I have further news, I will tell you, but for the moment that first attempt was a failure and seems compromized. Not blaming anyone, it is not as if I would manage to fix it myself.

2019-03-04 14:45:24

Pokemon crystal clear is just as different from crystal as anniversary crystal is, maybe more so due to its non-linear approach to the gameplay and it's new maps and npcs. And because of its nature, some of you will be very happy to know that you do not have to make your way through ice path unless you want to. And all side quests are not mandatory at that, so your story can develop just how you want it to. As a veteran player of crystal who has already experienced the story time and time again, I really like this approach to the game.

As for pokemon prism, I would say that it is more playable than polished crystal right now, mainly because you don't have to sit through the huge number spam that comes with each text box in prism
That's not to say it's easy to deal with either but using the scripts I was able to fully enjoy the story up to after I got my first badge. I just haven't gotten back around to it yet but I think I can get farther with some patience.

2019-03-04 16:03:56

Speaking of ice, does anyone there have an easy way to find Pryce in the Mahogany gym? Assuming the map is the same in Polished Crystal.

2019-03-04 18:52:15

which version is better? I found a 1.3 and a 2.0beta.

The Menues are a little bit slow i think. And the scripts are working a little bit wrong in some cases. But yeah, it is absolutely addicting fun!

2019-03-04 19:14:52

I just went with the latest. Works fine.

2019-03-04 19:21:52

So 2.0 is the latest?

2019-03-04 19:29:06

I'm curious, does anybody actually know how the starter screen of crystal clear actually works? Like, does it just show pictures of the pokemon with no text? Wondering why that of all things doesn't read whatsoever.
I'm also trying to figure out how they changed routes 46 and 45... not quite sure why the script displays a north connection to 45 from route 29, but then there's only a connection to 46 through the gate. I'd love an early skarmory... mah metal bird is glorious.

2019-03-04 19:29:32

I can't figure out how to get footsteps to work for cc. I hear the wall sound when I bump in to them. btw what do I do after I get my starter? is the SS an optional too?