2007-09-15 19:16:55

Hi all,
I'm thinking of buying a tv card for my windows media center pc, if possible, and have a few questions.

Is this going to be at all accessible with jaws? How does it work? Or would it be better for me to go grab a dvd recorder or some such? A few questions about meedia center- I have version 2002 here:

How do I skedule recordings?
Is meedia center at all accessible with jaws?
How do I instal the tv card on a laptop and what will the tv card come packaged with?
What are the hardware recommendations for recording tv with meedia center?

dvd recorder questions:

Is a dvd recorder mostly accessible after a sited person walks you through setting it up? (skeduling recordings, etc)?

That's about all my questions- hope somebody here can answer them, as I'm sort of desperate and don't want to spend my money on the wrong thing.

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2007-09-15 20:26:46

I have no experience with anything other than TV cards, but will make this comment -
Utilities included with the TV cards are usually fairly inaccessible in terms of speech, though can possibly be worked with the keyboard shortcuts. Certainly in the case of the Hauppage ones.
Don't buy a PCI card for a laptop obviously because it won't physically fit. USB set ups exist, not sure if PC card (PCMCIA) ones do or not.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-09-16 18:53:34

Yeah, I'm thinking of just going with a dvd recorder, ---especially since I need a new dvd player, anyway, this ones getting up in years, and I love the idea of the built in hard drive- looking at a 160 gb hard drive in a philips DVDR3575H/37. Looks like a very nice player, but if I buy it, only time will tell if its near accessible or not- I'll robably need to go through it multiple times with a sited person, but after that, it usually works.

For those of you with vcrs that can timer record (record a show at a certain time), what do you think is the best way to remember how to get into the menus and such? Of course, every vcr is different, but I'm just curious if the vcr, when going into the menu, would be on your current time, for example, 11:51 AM, or if it would be the time that you last set a program to be recorded at, which imho would be kind of confusing.

Are there any blind folks out there using a dvd recorder? I know one thing, its going to be a lot of memorization, but for some reason, that really doesn't bother me at all.

Something something something insert canine related comment here