2015-04-27 05:15:43

Im' not sure if I'm doing smething wrong but the game seems to go extremely difficult in quite a hurry after about half an hour of playing.  It might be fromt eh fact I can't simply buy med kits from the black market to rely on hat or something bu being shot by 3 dudes spawning from the doorway gets old after a while when trying to get out of a location. 

One one note, having one exit/entry point kind of makes things hard in the escape department when ont he very east side and game loads way too many police to escape from without getting shot 20 times per second.  I guess to avoid swarms one might consider adding a few exits/entrances throughout some of the levels like factory, bank mainly away from the vaults, hospital and a few other locations considering normally places have multiple entrances.  Weapon shop I guess would be too small for secondary oints, and prison would oe odd to allow easy exit, along with farm seeming to rely returning to a getaway car after collecting food.  I don't know, make it sort of a bit easy to gather these stuff since med kits are not buyable would ease things up a bit if someone screws up, and would also allow the police to enter in closer to threats or father depending on what approach they want to go for. 

On another note, kind of also wish one could direct their allies to target specific things quickly.  I guess it's not so bad when my allies get to the bank vaults and start wackin all of them open while I hold the line but it's awkward trying to get them to hit the metal door in a prison...or not to use a bomb afte rpicking one up (don't bring help at the factory).   Maybe some ai settings to mess with to control behavior I missions would be nice to play with. 

Also on the fact of resurce gathering for food and healing items, is it possible to make those like the bar and level lock it to the peol ein the mission.  Failing that, at least make the police for the farm take a lot longer to come due to this probably being out in the country.  Considering the goats don't seem to give any xp, your allies don't seem to be benefitting from the slaughtering.  though if one wants, feel free to cause the area to suddenly be filled with police spawning extremely fast or people to get the hell out when that occurs.

Despite that, I'm still having fun experimenting around with starting choices to quickly get through the beginning portions, and see what weapons I can unlock for mass murdering purposes.  I should try to see if using bombs would instantly bust open metla doors at the prison in a few hits, might be an amusing way to start the game.  Good work on what you have so far, and already purchased it for the sake of the support.

2015-04-27 05:18:32

so it's basicly a souped up version of I mobsters with some platforming thrown in. cool!

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2015-04-27 05:22:12 (edited by philip_bennefall 2015-04-27 05:34:26)

@Ghorthalon: This question intrigues me, and being unable to sleep as usual, I wanted to write back to make sure I understand what you mean. smile

If I'm reading you correctly, you are saying that what defines an FPS is the ability to turn in small increments 360 degrees. If so, then the label FPS is clearly inappropriate for this game and it should be changed. The way I always interpreted the term was simply that you hear the events in the game from the player's location, which is to say stereo position in this case, in the game world. So for instance, in a game that is not from the player's perspective, your own footsteps would actually pan like everybody else's. In the case of a sidescroller, I envision left/right actually representing back/front respectively, simply because of the fact that it is hard to represent back/front in audio without proper HRTF. This way, it would be from the player's perspective but at a fixed angle. What are your thoughts?

Lastly, I'm glad you like the game and would be interested to tune in to your stream!

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

2015-04-27 06:46:18

well. gonna introduce to my friend for download. well Philip. not hear any news from blastbay. now nice to see bb and vgstorm combind to develop a such awesome games for us. thanks

2015-04-27 07:00:53 (edited by SkyLord 2015-04-27 07:03:12)

hi all, guys i want to play this game, but i can't. when i trying to start the game it says invalid win 32 application. i hope this error will be fixxed soon! ah, and forgot to say: i have win xp professional

2015-04-27 07:02:28 (edited by brad 2015-04-27 07:14:45)

Hi.
/edit/
I'm silly, I forgot to save my data. I thought the game did that for you. The reason I'm leaving my message here is so that people will remember to save and won't write silly messages like I did, before checking through all the menu options.
/end of edit/

I'd like it if, when buying the game, you're character does not go back to level 1. It would be nice if we can keep our save data.

I'm gone for real :)

2015-04-27 07:37:51

the game sounds very awesome, but unfortunately I can't download it.
I click the link, go to the games page, then go to psycho strike, but clicking the here link to download it, but it doesn't work.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2015-04-27 07:57:14

I think it would be cool if you could make voice packs for the game so that you could have even more variety in enemies you could fight. I'm not exactly sure how many sounds are needed for each voice, but I think there is like an aggression sound, a running away/asking for help  sound, some pain sounds, jump and death sounds. You would have to specify if your voice was a civilian or a police officer and whether it was male or female, but otherwise it would be all up to you.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-04-27 08:17:29

how do I download this one? I can't wait to try it out.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2015-04-27 08:22:19

So anyone found ways to ease up on the game a bit?  I found a few things that'll help I guess:

I fone is needing new allies due to the old ones being from the crapy wooden doors?  But can't smash that metal cell door open before getting gunned down?  Try this: 

1.  Go to Factory. 

2.  Get a bomb or a few.  Actually sending your manervants to gather them real fast can help here once all the workers flee/die so they don't grab them.  Just be weary if the police get near, they will use the bombs and mines, though seem smart enough to run away

3.  end the mission and get the bombs out of their inv and into yours.

4.  Start prison and hope you get a map with metal oors loading near the entrance.  just go and blas topen those doors.  I'm not sure if better loading criminals actually do load in the back of the prison but that's just pain and misery I can't deal with at the moment. 

Profit. 

As well, bombs are strong enough to blast open vaults.  Granted armed minions from the metal prison cells can quickly chop down vaults while you guard the entrance or if you wana have backup, stay near the group at the back while laying mines for the police to try to jump over. 

I'm not sure but it seems I don't use a weapon to break open doors.  I know I had someone use a spear before and he was smashing a vault way too fast for it to be the spear.  Is that normal?

2015-04-27 08:29:08

Hi.

I just click on the here link on the first page in the first post, it's under games then psycho strike, and just click on the here link for the demo. And it should give you a normal save as diolog box if you're using firefox, not sure about IE.

I'm gone for real :)

2015-04-27 08:29:21

really like this so far, will check it out more in the morning. Excellent soundwork though, looks like something I'll be paying for, no doubt.
Thanks and great work on this.

Stevie-3

2015-04-27 09:29:38

I do that but the safe as screen doesn't appear.

2015-04-27 10:32:46

Hi Philip, Aaron and all,

I have to agree with those who say that FPS is probably an inappropriate genre label for this game.
The first or third person point of view or perspective in games, as far as I understand it in the mainstream world, really is not defined by the character you control or the way you control them but rather by the way that you as the real human player yourself can perceive the surroundings, or to put it in other words, the way that the surrounding world is represented and rendered to you.
In audio, the camera or point of view that can be defined as an FPS is usually represented by the player character's sounds always being stationary and the rest of the world adjusting playback position based on their actions. That means that even sidescrollers such as Super Liam orQ9 could probably be seen as first-person, even though you do not have the ability to turn around or so. What matters is that even in these games you still can't see your character, so to speak, only hear their footsteps stationary.
Where the point of view could be described as from the top downwards and where it also includes your character audibly moving along the game board along with everything else, that should be described as third-person. In my opinion, this is exactly the case of Psycho Strike. This would also fit the category of fighting games and such once some fully audio ones were made in this genre.
If you played a videogame exactly like Psycho Strike and thus tried to imagine it visually, this way you would be able to quickly scan the entire board in one glance, including your player.
So, to simplify things, I assume it could be said that once you can see your own player character as part of the game world, adjusting playback position in accordance with the other elements, you are playing a third person game.
I believe these perspective definition conventions should not be adjusted or modified for the needs of the VI gaming community in any way just because the world representation in audiogames is different than in videogames. This could confuse those audiogamers who are also familiar with some mainstream games and gaming concepts.
The terminology in this area seems to be less ambiguous in Czech, so I hope my understanding of this issue is not wrong, either. Dark, Ghorthalon and others, certainly correct me if it is, please. :-D

Just like others already said, I also believe this game does have immense potential not only for bug fix releases but also for expansion packs, either available as commercial add-ons or unlockable content. That depends solely on the way you prefer to implement it but since some of these suggestions would involve more voice acting, commercial would probably be the better route. If you ever released an update that included a town stage with streets, cars, passersby, possibly houses to explore etc, simple voice commands which reminds me of mission 6 of GMA Tank Commander, possible specific missions or sub-objectives within a stage, etc, I would be willing to purchase it for a price between $5 and $15, I guess, and most of this would definitely make Psycho Strike all that more similar to GTA.
I can even imagine that missions would be released as a separate update, then the town, next the voice commands, some way of multiplayer next, and so on and so forth, and I for one would be buying every one of these separate expansions as they would be developed over time more than gladly.
I'm already almost certain I will buy this game as soon as I get some decent headphones even as is.
As always, keep up the great work, both of you! :-)

Thanks,
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2015-04-27 10:33:49

hi
I have strange problem
I m buy pistol
and then go to my items
then pick up pistol
and I have message
bgt run time error
Call stack size: 5

Function: void home::trash_items()

Function: void home::manage_items()

Function: void home::home_menu()

Function: void main_menu()

Function: void main()

2015-04-27 10:40:04

o
and my windows is 7 64 bit

2015-04-27 10:40:29

I like the game but i have a single negative comment. it isn't free but i like it

2015-04-27 10:47:59

hi, now I am able to download it and this one is pretty fun.
my question is, how to get better weapons?
I go to the weapon shop but I don't see any pistol, just cartridges.

2015-04-27 12:13:07

Hi all,
Grabbing this game right now

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2015-04-27 12:35:57

The first person/3rd person distinction gets a little muddy and audio, but where this a video game, from the descriptions, it would definitely be third person.
The charger for my laptop spontaneously died yesterday, so I haven't had the opportunity to try the game out yet. I might, after I get it fixed. It sounds very well-made.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-04-27 13:18:57

Hi all,

To clarify the perspective of the player a little further, your own character's sounds such as footsteps etc, are always stationary. However, you can choose the person you want to control before each mission. You hear your other team members (if any) as they move around, but the character you control is always centered. In other words, the perspective is the same as in Q9 and other similar sidescrollers.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

2015-04-27 13:20:04

Hello!
I really like this game.
I would love it if you could make this game 2d (x/y). That would be amazing.
Also, can you unlock more areas on this game?
Thanks!

2015-04-27 13:28:31

Hello aaron, phillip and the other members,

I have played the demo for 30 minutes in total, i reached level 8 and the demo was over. but it gave me a good look what the complete game has to offer. and i love it, yes, people love pets, relatives etc, but i do love them as well, but i also love this game, and i have purchased it.
Criminal games Always have drawn my attention, but a criminal game in audio-format, i have never heared of before. So very unique concept and i can't wait till there will come newer versions of it.

Do the people who purchased the game get notified when a newer version is released via mail?

And i thought paladin of the sky was a unique way of programming games ... this is also as i said a unique concept what deserves a place in the hall of fame, heads up.

ooh wait ... the police is trying to arrest me ... have to go, bye all and till the next reply! run pelantas run.

tongue

greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2015-04-27 13:49:50

Hi.
Wow!!! This game sounds fantastic! I haven't tried it yet, but look forward to do so later today.
Regarding first person in audio, this is what Papa sangre 2 is on the iPhone, and Swamp when turning the character using the mouse. Road to rage is also in first person.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-04-27 14:08:00

hey how to use pistal cartrage and how to get  more vapans in that shop