2015-04-19 18:07:16

Hi.
You know those menus that play sounds when you move in them? And when you make a selection?
I would just like to know what is the simplest method of doing this without getting too far into classes and arrays?
Just the sound of your own keyboard filling in that gap seems kind of boring to me. Hee.

2015-04-19 18:25:19

Hi,
Easiest way to do this might be one of the several modded dynamic_menu classes you can find lying around: enhanced menu, menu_x, etc. There is also Mason Armstrong's m_pro class, but you should probably ask him before using it.

2015-04-20 02:22:36

I know Menu_X would be a good choice for menus like that.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2015-04-20 02:24:45

there is a callback you could make if you really wanted to do that, you could handle a menu callback as exampled in the callback chapter of the bgt manual's dynamic menu reference. Just mod it a bit for the enter key, and bam.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2015-04-21 10:45:52

Use m_pro, it's one of the most advanced.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-04-21 23:09:41

We're talking about the people who don't have m_pro, I do agree it's the most advanced, it and enhanced menu, with 2d grid menus!

----------