2015-04-15 00:15:09

I am looking to do some prototyping of audio games.  Do you have any suggestions for free or reasonably priced sound libraries that have a decent variety of sounds to use for prototyping?  I figure if I come up with any ideas that go past the prototyping stage, then I'll look at looking for specific sounds that work better with a game theme, but for now I just need to find a sound library that would have enough variety that I could use for putting together prototypes.

2015-04-15 01:06:33

Hello, you will find good stuff on youtube and freesound.org. Also, there is a big free library in the forum, I think if you search for free library you may find it.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2015-04-15 11:55:06

It's this thread:
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=15569
There are a few cheap libraries out there, but they're generally not all that great for games, in my experience.
Pay-per-sound sites like SoundDogs.com and 1soundFX.com make it cheaper to get higher-quality sounds individually.
Freesound.org, soundbible.com, and anywhere that does Creative Commons sounds are ok starting places.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-04-20 02:26:31

sounddogs free versions give you the poorest quality though!

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.