2017-08-27 09:22:54

@adiluralbaev, tell her to go to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\stw
The Username part should be replaced with whatever her computer username is. When she gets there, she should delete the file called sayvoice.cfg That should hopefully solve her problem.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2017-08-27 09:47:25

I'm surprised, adiluralbaev the true game developer of the swamp came out of the shadows?
http://my-life.ua/news_about_blago/slep … e_igry/645
http://kanobu.ru/news/slepoj-podrostok- … i--372245/

2017-08-27 10:43:24

Hi!

Mayana wrote:

@adiluralbaev, tell her to go to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\stw
The Username part should be replaced with whatever her computer username is. When she gets there, she should delete the file called sayvoice.cfg That should hopefully solve her problem.

She said that there is only one file in this folder called Settings.dat.

Regards, Adil.

2017-08-27 10:45:33

ankr098 wrote:

I'm surprised, adiluralbaev the true game developer of the swamp came out of the shadows?

No. This is erroneous information. I'm sorry about that.

Regards, Adil.

2017-08-28 08:37:57

Hi.
I like the new update and features, but I totally agree that something needs to be adjusted regarding to the thirst and hunger which goes up way too fast. Last time I played, i were at the large lake. I took all my clothes off, but it was still too hot. I sat down in the water too cool off, which only helped a bit. I made a fan and started to wave like crazy, but that wasn't still enough. My thirst and hunger kept going up from 0 to over 200 in two minutes. I ran across the swamp over to the beach, but it kept remaining hot. I simply couldn't play because of this. I was afraid to run out of food because I had to eat a lot each minute to avoid dieing. A lot of people have reported that they got killed because of those new changes, and they couldn't do much about it. So, I like the new update and features, but I can't simply play because of the way it currently works.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-08-28 09:24:49

Thumbs up SLJ, I've got the same problem. Seems if you wanna play you'll be forced to sit down in the water forever.
And, Ankr, respect to ya buddy! big_smile

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2017-08-28 10:49:45

Hello! My yesterday's question is removed. The problem was solved by restoring the system.
Thanks for all!

Regards, Adil.

2017-08-28 14:33:19

Sitting in the water is really not the only way that could keep you cold. There are some clothings, such as the mountain midallian, shorts, running shoes, glasses that you could wear to stay cold. For now there aren't many of those and I agree that's a bit unbalanced, but it's easy as heck to add more. Temperature changes from area to area, for example, the desert, wast land, campground, those are a bit hot especially the desert, the northern part of the camp and areas near the water aren't that hot, neither is the spring. Most of the oceans are cold, the mainland is normal if you wear the right clothing, the buildings in the village are a little bit hot since they have no AC what so ever, and just note, this system has just been coded and it of course needs adjustments, so ideas and suggestions are always welcome.
Best regards!

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-08-28 16:26:34

Just curious, my char seems to have been deleted when I did not play for a while, I was BlindJedi, is this common after not playing for a few months?
Also, is it possible to drown if you stay underwater too long in the spring? Because if not that may be something to add in, pretty realistic that way. Also you should add sharks in the ocean that would be scary and cool.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-08-28 16:34:01

All of those things actually exist. And yes, if you don't log in for thirty days, your character will be deleted by spamkill.
Air necklaces keep you from drowning if you wear them.

Sharks already exist in the ocean.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-08-28 18:56:29

That's what I said Amine, it's still new feature and I'm not waiting it to be a perfect one. How ever, I'm not playing much, and I'm trying my best to keep my char feeling well, but from time to time I'm failing, because I don't know if I'm doing a right thing. I have a lot of clothes in my inventory, how ever for example, I didn't know mountain medallion could help me do not feel hot. Thanks smile

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2017-08-28 19:05:08

How do people find clothes? I don't plan on buying an stw account or what ever, is there a free way to get them?

2017-08-28 20:04:49

@Rory, most of the clothes can be found in the village, either in the clothing store or in the gifts. Some of them can be found on other maps as well, often as a part of a quest. You start with nasty_pants and a ripped_up_shirt, and you can combine the shirt with a knife to get a clothing for warmer temperatures. You can't buy clothes, except for the silver_stw_medallion and the air_neckless.

2017-08-28 20:35:44 (edited by Amine 2017-08-28 21:23:34)

Luciana wrote:

I didn't know mountain medallion could help me do not feel hot.

description wrote:

an ice cold necklace. it is on a metal chain, and the pendant is in the shape of a tall mountain peek.

descs really help a lot, so I suggest you read them.
Kind regards!

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-08-29 00:22:42

I think new players should get a compas in the survival pack. It would be a lot easier than having to follow the sun, and also in the real world you'd be pretty stupid to wander into the willderness without one.

2017-08-29 00:33:37

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I believe it was done on purpose because they wanted a blind experience or something. Perhaps there wasn't enough time to pack a compass in the ship when they made the surivival pack in the story?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-08-29 03:49:42

If its a survival pack, it should have one. Those are major survival tools. Sam, you should put it in, it would really help, and it makes sence. Most real world survival gear sets you buy would come with those.

2017-08-29 11:03:15

There is a chance you could get a compass in a survival pack, but it's a real slim one. So that's why i say, learn to rely on the sun, and landmarks.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-08-30 00:27:53

Hi, I would like to know where I could find the items for the I want to be a soldier quest and where I can find Tee   or how to make it, thank you.

2017-08-30 11:42:47

so, i thought i would stepp in here and say a few things about the complains of hunger and thirst. you people always wants a game with chalenge. something diffrent than the audiogames that we have today but when something comes to the game which is chalenging you people start complainng about it.
if you want a challenging game where you just don't sit there and use it as a chat client of corse there will be some things that are hard and maybe not realistic.
guys, the game is ment to be challenging that's why it's called survive the wild, you have to survive and part of that is to check thirst and hunger when your temprature is high, that's called survival and i'm sure most of us who wants a challenge prefre it to be this way rather than sitting and wasting time on a game where you are done after just one month of playing.
am i wrong?

2017-08-31 07:49:38

A few things that come to mind, i'm just going to put them all down, in no particular post order.
Item descriptions can be adjusted, to give a hint on what influence they have on temperature. Don't expect them to be flat out numbers, but rather something cryptic witch should help out.
Survival packs have a compass in them, if you're lucky. It's also not really hard to make one, and in all honesty if you put up the argument that it is basic survival gear, then that argument can be undone by the fact that a map is also something basic but isn't simply there. The main but difficult purpose for Sam, as well as admins, is to find a balance between keeping the game a challenge for old and new, while at the same time not spoon feeding creativity to everyone.

As for hunger and thirst rising too fast while you're warm: that can certainly be true, but keep in mind that temperatures can mean seasons, and that a paper fan isn't the only way to cool down. Maps with temperature influence are in progress, some areas still need adjusting, but we're slowly getting there.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2017-08-31 08:13:28

Yes I do want a challenge, but I don't wanna get killed in 5 minutes, just because I'm swetting and getting thirsty and hungry so fast, also even when taking off all the clothes while being on the main beach where the newbies are. I could accept this challenge, if I chose to be at a place for the more experienced players. People have died because they fell asleep and their hunger and thirst got to it's maximum while sleeping and they couldn't do something about it but just watch themself dieing.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-08-31 13:03:05

hi,
Why not add the ability to put up tents or such to deal with extreme temperatures when sleeping. Or light fires to ward off the cold.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2017-08-31 15:25:41

@Enes, fires and shelters already exist. Both are good for keeping warm in cold temperatures.

2017-08-31 17:47:32

What happens if you run out of firestarters, does the lighter still work on its own if you press space on a cut down tree? Or do I need something else.