2017-02-27 03:19:41

The music is loud in game and the keys for menu music don't kill it, its loud where I can't even hear myself think over it, totally overbearing, can't deal with it so don't play.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-02-27 09:03:31

(BSG) which stands for [Black Screen Gaming}, is a website provides audio explanations for games that are related to blind and visualy impaired people, easy accessed and well built, fast loading, categorized into several headings and links that facilitate your browsing journy. It also has a newsletter which people can subscribe to, in order to be rewarded with the newer website's activity and publications.
Black Screen Gaming (BSG) was found and created by its establisher   Smoke-J, along with an entire staff which currently contains 3 members, doesn't exclude Smoke-J, rather in edition with Jimmy Dub, and Pyro709. It has launched the great trip of being unique on internet around the blind community, approximately in 2016 or far behind 2015.
What makes Black Screen Gaming (BSG) unique among all is the way how games being explained, by providing audio explanations, and text versions as they started with Survive the Wild as well as game competitions. If you're still in the dark, curious or just vital to see the content, simply go to http://www.blackscreengaming.com

2017-02-27 09:53:46

@Ironcross32, to change the loudness of the music in the game, use home and end. For the menu, it's page up and page down. The 2 are seperat.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2017-03-08 17:47:04 (edited by adiluralbaev 2017-03-08 17:53:51)

Hello everybody and Sam!
I have a few questions about updating the game.
1. Why did the size of the game increase? It weighs a lot, as much as 400 megabytes. In the file changelog.txt it is written that new sounds are added. The question is: where? Everything, as in the previous update. I did not notice any new sounds.
2. The game has a very low response to the space bar. In the current update, the space bar worked faster. And in this update the bike is barely moving. Is it possible to fix this inconvenience?
3. Why wait for an hour to turn off the PK? It's so uncomfortable! Because you turn on the PK, and you do not have to leave the game to wait for the shutdown time. The current update was good with this. Given a minute 3, or 5, so we could turn off the PK. And now what do we see?
In general, I want to say that I did not like this update. I would very much like the developer to take into account these wishes and try to fix everything.
I have it all.
Thank you all for your attention!

Regards, Adil.

2017-03-08 18:33:34

@adiluralbaev, to answer your first questions, just because sounds were added that doesn't mean you'll see them right away. Most of the sounds are new ambiences and step sounds, which means that you'll get to hear them only when someone makes a map using them. I'm sure you'll get to hear some of them soon enough, for now please be patient. Thank you.

2017-03-08 20:28:41

adiluralbaev wrote:

Hello everybody and Sam!
I have a few questions about updating the game.
1. Why did the size of the game increase? It weighs a lot, as much as 400 megabytes. In the file changelog.txt it is written that new sounds are added. The question is: where? Everything, as in the previous update. I did not notice any new sounds.

The fact that the game size increased due to more sounds is because it will allow new maps to be built using new surfaces, new ambiences and even new music tracks. Though this is a rather important type of progress, i do understand the question you have. The only thing i can suggest, is to cross your fingers in hopes of new maps soon.

2. The game has a very low response to the space bar. In the current update, the space bar worked faster. And in this update the bike is barely moving. Is it possible to fix this inconvenience?

The fact that the bike is moving slower in this version is caused by some much needed in game adjustments. It has nothing to do with your connection, it's just the way things work now. It will take time to get used to the somewhat slower movement, but eventually, things will start to feel natural again.

3. Why wait for an hour to turn off the PK? It's so uncomfortable! Because you turn on the PK, and you do not have to leave the game to wait for the shutdown time. The current update was good with this. Given a minute 3, or 5, so we could turn off the PK. And now what do we see?

The pk timer had to be extended so that people would think twice to turn on pk. The extended time in pk gives shelter owners at least a chance to try and catch the destroyer, and, will make sure that people who just prefer to run away, can still be found and eventually killed.

In general, I want to say that I did not like this update. I would very much like the developer to take into account these wishes and try to fix everything.
I have it all.
Thank you all for your attention!

I'm not the developer, but I tryed to give you a as clear as possible explanation on all your questions. Since everything has had its reasons to be adjusted, chances are small they will be reverted.
Kind regards

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2017-03-09 09:26:56

That was an awesome reply criticview. Big thumbs up for that.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-03-09 16:47:42 (edited by adiluralbaev 2017-03-09 16:49:47)

Hi all and criticview!
Firstly, this 400 MB is not justified by the fact that there will be new maps. Maybe they will, but the game is updated every 4 months approximately. You understand, when the project moves, it is immediately felt. If updates were published every month, everything would be clear.
Secondly, the slow movement of the bike is very inconvenient. On the contrary, an update is the addition of something new. In this case, the game would not have been updated at all. Usually, updates should be good, but here, as I see, every update is getting worse and worse.
Yes, the game as a whole is not bad, but why make any additional inconvenience?

Regards, Adil.

2017-03-09 16:57:38

For example, do you like the slow movement of a bike when you are going to a village? Or do you like to fry fish at such a slow speed? Or is all this done so that people buy teleports? It's good that some of them are rich. And if not? If the payment system does not work in their country? Do they have to get used to all the worsening of the game? But this is wrong! Does not add the speed of pressing the space to the original state?

Regards, Adil.

2017-03-10 00:29:39

Could someone please give me a walkthrough the Confusing Cave. I cannot figure it out on my own, and if I cannot get out of there any other way, the only way is suicide.

Phoenix

2017-03-10 04:40:47

I can help you tomorrow what's your stw name?

2017-03-10 05:22:37

My STW username is Phoenix1991.

Phoenix

2017-03-10 12:49:30

i have no idea how can the size of the game makes you dislike it? If you are lazy to download, there is always a solution. Don't download it and move on better than complaining.
As for the items beeing slowed down, that thing is weird I know, but you'll get used to it as you did before. There is no chance the timer will be back to how it was before.
Teleporters, death_free_cards, blah I've been hearing this stuff for multiple times now. You can always trade game items with people for teleporters as most of people do. it's not that hard working to acomplish something.
And no it's not to force people to buy teleporters as you said, but to prevent them from...
You don't wanna know.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-03-10 12:55:30

hi Amine!
If the update is downloaded through the site, then the download speed is normal. And if through the game to download updates, then here, because of the huge size, the game is updated very very long!

Regards, Adil.

2017-03-10 13:01:16

Umm... As Akilor said, this new pk timer would make things better, and some cowards finally, well ok, probably, will think before doing shit. About maps and sounds... Well sorry Adil, people aren't so fast as you are, probably, and in my opinion, better would be, if they will creat a good interesting map, full of new quests or what ever, than there will be a bunch of maps, but small and totally unneeded. I do think, sometimes, that some new features there aren't good, but well, this is more for dev than for myself and folks around: he can do what ever he wants if he thinks it's fine, and we will see what will happen after, but blame him that the game becomes worse and worse... Yes, as I said, some features there are wierd, but see how many things got fixed, how many good maps were made by admins, how many damn good quests we've got. I'm not playing it now so much myself for a reason, but sorry, the thing you can't turn pk after destroying one more shelter on your own isn't a cause you should spread out all your curses. No offence here, just sharing what I do think about it.

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2017-03-10 13:10:36

Sorry Adil, it's not like the games you've created: I bet they're so small sized, that 2 mill of people can play it without any, issues big_smile big_smile big_smile  How about looking at ya self and think a bit? For example, crazy party is being increased in size too, so does the stw, as it's damn, getting more features!

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2017-03-10 18:49:27

Guys, it's not even that the game weighs a lot. The fact is that we do not see any good from this yet. As if nothing was fixed in the new version.
And how about a space bar? I really want to get back to normal speed. And what do you think?

Regards, Adil.

2017-03-11 08:15:21

Adil, I don't see why you continuously insist on hearing same answers overly if you were already answered.
The game stands and devided into twin two parts, one is the client side, and the other is, server side, that all online games use without any doubt involved. So you can't really just do: /please_create_a_map_with_the_sounds_that_I_need_in_mind_without_Sam_uploads_them
Oh, map initiated. If it was ever true, maps can be created without sounds loaded in memory using the client side, we would all be happy, and just not need to download an update. Nope, you can't give time to the time.
I, myself, am ready to  download STW even if it was 10 GB. Not because I can, but because I like it. Just as simple as that.
No it is not getting worst and worst, it's getting better and better, but not because Sam said added new sounds means you will hear them all at once when you log in to the game.
Regarding the bike and items being slower, I only could say, time's insperation matters. I think I got used to it right now.
If the developer had no attention on game development, this time wouldn't be exist  as this topic wouldn't be created, nor the game would be uploaded. He could just make it for himself but what's the meaning of an online game without its users?
Let me say get over it, if that satisfies. And sorry if I ever sounded harmfully annoying, inquisitively bothersom, upsetting, uncomfortably irritating, unpleasant or offensively disquieting with my post. I'm a normal user like you, so do not expect from me to develop it, but always expect from me to reply your wonders as much as the hands give what's possible

2017-03-11 10:40:45

Hi all and Cocoa!
Cocoa, Are you suggesting that you accept the fact that the space bar is slower?

Regards, Adil.

2017-03-11 12:14:47

I sure do and you would if you know the reason why it was slowed down.
Why would you download the game from the client anyway, we all know that bgt is slow in downloads as a turtel, so better to download it from the site.
Speaking of nothing was fixed, in fact, many bugs that allowed people to cheat, many other looking bugs were fixed. About the sounds beeing used we said wait and see, or are people of now adays unpatient?

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-03-11 12:43:18

Nope, I don't disagree on that is being slower  due to the fact it helps. It all depends on timers, or you want cheaters to have fun with regular editions.

2017-03-11 19:06:42

hi.
Just one quick question. I want to start playing that game and see what it has to offer.
Is it just a multi player killing fest or can I actually go around and check out the features as fast as I want? Or do I constantly need to watch out for other playersß
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-03-11 19:47:31

Hello, Simba.
To answer your question, no, STW is primeraly not a killing game. It is a survival simulator, so of course you have to make sure you don't die, but you don't need to participate in pk (player killing) if you don't want to. When you start off, your pk flag is off, which means that you can't attack other people and they can't attack you. If you later change your mind and want to fight other people, you can type /pk in the radio, which will turn your pk flag on. If you do so, you'll be able to attack and be attacked by all people that have pk on.
If you do decide to check out the game, I hope you will have fun!

2017-03-12 00:25:50

adiluralbaev wrote:

For example, do you like the slow movement of a bike when you are going to a village? Or do you like to fry fish at such a slow speed? Or is all this done so that people buy teleports? It's good that some of them are rich. And if not? If the payment system does not work in their country? Do they have to get used to all the worsening of the game? But this is wrong! Does not add the speed of pressing the space to the original state?

I see, true, the slower biking and cooking and whatever that's not in this short list, is somewhat uncomfortable, but trust me on this, it's a move that benifits everyone in the long run. Imagine, for just a second, that you have terrible lag. If you would bike at the previous speed, chances are you'd be crashing your bike more often then not, even though at the current speed it's still possible, it will be less likely (or so I believe). As for the imence increase of game size, for players it won't say much, but for admins, me being among them, who are building, or trying to, some original map ideas, this is allmost heaven on earth. Imagine for a split second, that we'd add in map defenitions with something that's currently not existing like, oh, aluminiumfoil. If there are no sounds for what we'd want to add in, you'd end up with something that would be utterly silent instead of something useful. Imagine for a second that the sound you hear when walking in the fishingvillage, would be taken out of the game. You wouldn't notice it, until you were trying to navigate the village, and are confused because seemingly, nothing happens. So, again, on my word as admin, you will have to trust that the increase in sounds means, that there are more map building possibilities, and that with more possibilities, there come more potential ideas, and with more potential ideas, some might actually be included in the game when they are worked out very well. To conclude this poast, i'd like to point out that, even though it might look to you as a step backwards, in many regards, the game has taken several steps forward, and I strongly believe in the fact, that you can get used to the changes, and that after a few montsh, you won't even notice it anymore.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2017-03-12 09:11:08

Hi all and criticview
criticview, I agree with you for new ideas and new maps. Yes, you are right, that in connection with the emergence of new sounds, you can use them when creating maps.

Regards, Adil.