2015-03-14 05:18:11

lol you have a point there. You aren't the only one, there's a reason why there's so much discussion on the BB universe all over the internet. I wonder if people will ever figure it all out. There's tons of stuff dealing with various timelines, not to mention character complexity and the like. it's rather insane hahaha, those writers have immense talent to come up with stuff like that. I actually love this kinda thing. stories with lots of substance. this is why I read fantasy series, and watch shows such as Prison Break. now there's a crazy serial, although I think compared to Blazblue, it's rather simplistic. hahaha.

2015-03-14 08:54:03

Well, it's not that I don't like story without substance... as much as I complain about the complexity, I find it kinda fascinating... but it's completely hopeless trying to step into it as a newbie and not get lost and have to move heaven and earth to find out what is what. lol.

Discord: clemchowder633

2015-03-14 11:20:35

for anyone who have a ps4, does anyone tried EA sports UFC? if yes, is it playable?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2015-03-14 20:40:02

Very good post. I was very happy When i herd about this on Twitter. Lets make sure we let Sony know how much we like this direction, and I will be putting some cash aside to eventually get me a pS4. big_smile I still use my PS3 very much.

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2015-03-15 04:41:35

EA sports UFC is mostly playable, however there is one thing we are unable to do, and that is slipping strikes. You need to move before the strike hits, It can be done, its just very hard. Dodging strikes is pretty easy, just flick the left stick in random directions. But to slip strikes, you need to press l2 as well as flick the left stick, I know it can be done, I am just struggling. Otherwise, everything else is doable, even the ground stuff but it is a little hard to tell which position you land in when you perform a takedown, but just listen to the commentary, they usually tell you what position you or your opponent has moved to.

HTH

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2015-03-15 20:30:13

Wow I'm liking the responses this thread has gotten already. I also commented on the PS blog page as well thanking them for this upcoming feature.

if this thread continues to build, I'm going to tweet it to the official Playstation twitter so they can see how hype and greatful we are for this breakthrough in mainstream gaming.

Follow my Youtube channel for high level MK 11 gameplay. https://www.youtube.com/user/Chvasquez86

Follow me on twitch for live streaming. https://www.twitch.tv/obsrattlehead

2015-03-15 22:55:04

Hi.
I'm so glad to hear that the text to speech feature is comming in the new firmware. I hope this at leased will be able to read the ps4 menus and not just the chat messages. But we'll see.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-03-18 01:11:05 (edited by Sightless Kombat 2015-03-18 01:12:43)

***The following post is entirely subjective.  Apologies if anyone feels if I am being too generic here and making too broad a statement.***

I believe a lot of people have jumped the gun and been swayed by this almost idilic vision of the PS4's new TTS concept, forgetting a few important things.

1. Both consoles would currently for blind individuals, according to several separate people I know who own different consoles (and through limited personal experiences with both, be about as accessible as each other, with the Xbox One winning slightly due to the Kinect's wider ranging functionality that according to a fair amount of revieweres seems to work better than its PS4 rival, the Playstation Camera.

2. The TTS itself, according to rumours, currently reads only party chat.  Whilst this has not been confirmed, it basically means that you go in and even if the features are available, it will not do what you're wishing it did.

3.  Microsoft should be encouraged to work on similar features, as their console is lagging in this particular area at the moment.  Whilst encouraging Sony is a great idea, I believe that Microsoft should also be given a fair chance.  I'm not saying spam the heck out of Microsoft's access email address (that would be the worst possible scenario IMHO), just encourage the growth of accessibility features.

If you do want to contact Microsoft about this, I'd recommend you use:
xaccess at microsoft.com

I discovered this address whilst looking through their support pages on accessibility for the Xbox One.

I do hope that Sony actually do well at this, very much so.  However, I am, being an Xbox player, of the opinion that Microsoft will make a vast improvement over whatever Sony does given what they can already do with things like Windows 8.1 narrator.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2015-03-18 05:22:32

Well, the kinnect just allows voice commands, which is basically a shortcut to doing a lot of the same thins that could be memorized on the ps4... that would be like having an iphone user who uses siri verses someone who doesn't. More just a matter of personal preference as it is with the whole situation of which console is more accessible, which is better, etc. I'm hoping that tts won't just be for party chat, and I don't even have a ps4 yet... but I hope it does more than that as well. Microsoft should be encouraged as well of course, but I think the people in this thread are probably more likely to buy ps4s, and this is only causing so much hype because sony did this without being asked, and are obviously willing to work with fans to even allow the beta program to be a thing. I know the only reason I have for getting an xbox1 is Killer Instinct, other than that the ps4 does more or less the same things I want, and also has a bonus of being region free unlike the xbox, which means I can buy imports. Just my opinion though, of course, and thanks for the reality check since as hyped as I am, this may indeed turn out to be less than what I think it is. lol

2015-03-18 06:11:39

@Sightless Kombat:
Yeah I'm glad you said that. While its good to remain optimistic, its already going to be sort of a slap in the face if it does turn out to be chat only.

2015-03-18 14:47:24

I'm expecting a faceslap personally. Anyway... I could probably get by myself just enlarging the phont and switching on high contrast mode. I was able to get my ps4 set up with a combination of the ios app, knfb reader and patients

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2015-03-18 16:01:25

Wow, dude. Really? How much can you do from the IOS app? I'm really interested to hear more regarding to this, because I live alone, and I can't just ask someone to come and help me with all this stuff.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-03-18 19:41:17

***This post's subject matter may be slightly OT***

I don't know about PS4, but the Xbox One Smartglass app works well - I haven't even got the console yet, but I've already set up my credentials and have cued the Killer Instinct free-to-play demo for download.  I have no idea what it's going to do when I start signing in, but i've tried it nonetheless and it's promising.  Granted there are a couple of little quirks, but Smartglass is good enough when being used without a console.  If I feel it necessary, I'll report back once i've tried using the app with my console, either on PC or on IOS.

As for PS4, I'm glad people appreciate the reality of this situation.  Those who might've been swayed by the possibility, I would say weigh up your options carefully and remember:
1. Streetfighter 5 is coming to PC.
2. very few playable/fighting games are exclusive to PS4 (the only one that I can think of off the top of my head is Guilty Gear XRD, which I'm not a real fan of).
3. The playstation Camera is required for voice commands, which are still being worked on.  Plus, it is double the price of the kinect, at least where I live.

Please note: I'm not saying don't buy a PS4.  I'm simply saying make sure you've decided based on your research etc, test the consoles if you can as well.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2015-03-18 19:59:56 (edited by assault_freak 2015-03-18 20:08:49)

All good points and good reminders. Although as I said above, the main draw for me is that the ps4 is region free, meaning I can get fighting games and other ps4 exclusives that aren't released in the US. Street fighter 5 may be coming to the pc, definitely, but for me personally, it's much more enjoyable to play on a console... and games like samurai warriors 4, Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin which is an rpg, and Blazblue: chronophantasma extend are all ps4 exclusives. But you're right, options should definitely be weighed, and quite honestly, if the controller was better, if the xbox1 has as stable an interface as the ps3 does without changing the dashboard every few updates, I would buy it now... simply because killer instinct is on it. hahaha. But while I've had a lot of time with microsoft consoles, every one I personally own is a sony one, and they all run even to this day. Having said all that though, I am not trying to start console wars here. Like I said above, everyone has their own preferences. I'm a suckor for fighting games, and the ps4 does a much better job with the controller for that type of game though the xbox1 controller is much better than the 360, again in my own opinion. These are all my own preferences, obviously, especially since fighting games and action games are 90% of what I play.

2015-03-18 21:23:08 (edited by musicman 2015-03-18 21:32:00)

yup I agree with Clement. plus there's absolutely no reason someone can't own both consoles eventually. There is shareplay on PS4 as well, which can be real exciting. imagine taking turns playing mortal kombat story with a friend online? or maybe you wanna see your friend get owned by the final boss over and over and laugh via voice chat as he repeatedly dies? lol. remember, they don't even need to own the game for share play to work, so let's say I have MK and Clement doesnt', and he wishes to check it out? I'll just stream a shareplay session to him and let him take over at any time. we can even play multiplayer! That sounds totally awesome to me. A friend of mine already mentioned he can't wait till Street Fighter 5 comes out so he can watch me fail at trials a ton of times and laugh his head off. Kinda mean actually. Course I'm planning to invite him to an MK X session, on the hardest setting. hah! take that! ahahaha. Then there's also PS4 Remote play with your PS Vita. You can play a PS4 game on your vita, either locally, or from a completely different network. so your vita can be over at my house, and your console half way across the country, and you can still connect to it and play your PS4 games on the go. Cool stuf. Oh a little clarification: you can use a headset with PS4 for voice commands. Another little interesting tidbit: Sony had a God of War stream few days ago, to help raise some funds for Able Gamers. Good news wouldn't you say? They are definitely aware of us now, and that, is a huge start, regardless of how accessible TTs might turn out to be. remember this, we had nothing, at least now we'll have some speech, even if it just turns out to be chat messages. I'm sure we dont' have long to wait to find out.

2015-03-18 21:29:58

At this point, I think I would only get an xbox1 cheap or if someone donated me one. lol I'm saving up for a ps4, and I can't wait for SF 5 to come out either, though Samurai Warriors 4 makes a good title on it for sure and worth the buy if you like that kind of game and don't already have it on ps3 like I do. And also, keep in mind that the rumor of tts only being for party chat, if it's legit, is coming from the beta of the new firmware... which means it has more chances to change. But I agree with musicman as well. This is a huge step forward, and it's nice to see a company taking initiative, which so far microsoft hasn't done yet with their consoles.

2015-03-18 21:36:36

I just edited my post above to add remote play information, in case you guys didn't know. btw I've actually seen this feature in action. friend was connected to my network, playing Infamous second son on his vita. totally neat. I also fought this dude on injustice as well. there was a little lag, but hey, I was connected to the internet to a PS4 at his house, playing a fighting game online. so yeh, that's to be expected. when I was in practice and arcade modes, I notice 0 lag. You can navigate your PS4 interface and change settings from your PS Vita as well, not just game.

2015-03-19 00:21:40

I was never intending to start any kind of console war, just say that both companies (Sony and Microsoft), should be given a fair chance.

Thanks for the information about Share Play, that's helpful.  You're also right about it being a step in the right direction, I acknowledged that fact from the very beginning.

But steering it away from that small bump as it were (an ironic turn of phrase as this will bump this thread back up to near the top):

@assault, your right on the points about the controller and I understand your region free position.  However, What I've tried of an Xbox One controller I liked but as you say, it's all down to personal preference.
I look forward to seeing how the beta improves and hopefully this'll be microsoft's wake-up call.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2015-03-19 00:54:18

the playstation apps kinda like smartglass for your playstation really. You can manage your friends, send messages both voice and text, buy games and queue them up to download on your ps4  and most importantly use your phone to type stuff in text fields on the ps4. Between that, the knfb app to read stuff on my tv and some trial and error I was able to sign into my wyreless, set the time, get my psn set up, download oddworld: new n tasty and change the audio settings so that ps4 audio comes out my surround sound setup. You can do voice commands with the headset that comes with the ps4. I have a very broad scots accent though, so they don't work with me tongue

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2015-03-19 01:37:44

Yep. Even if this TTS stuff totally falls through, I'm almost certainly going to get a ps4 at some point. I personally prefer the ps4 controler largely because of the D-pad. I feel its easier to slide with and doesn't get stuck.
@Exodus
That's awesome that you were able to use the app and KNFB though, least we know it can be done.

2015-03-19 02:03:18 (edited by assault_freak 2015-03-19 02:03:53)

All good, sightless kombat. I didn't think you were starting a console war, I just wanted to make sure we were clear on that front and that I wasn't coming off as too pushy about my preferences. haha. The region free thing is big for me, as someone who loves Japanese games, particularly fighting games as I said. Not only are the physical games region free, digital releases are as well, so if you want to try an import, it takes litterally maybe 10 minutes to create a Japanese psn account, buy a Japanese psn card and have money in the wallet. I love it, mostly because it gives me so many more options, and sometimes the chance to buy games much earlier than before they get released stateside, if they do at all.
Exodus, time to start learning to talk American... lol! I can just imagine the troubles you probably have when you try accessiing commands with a heavy scottish accent. big_smile

2015-03-19 04:10:47

I'd like to point out that you can access Sony's store from a web browser by going to store.playstation.com. you can also create a PSN account and manage various options from the web as well. you can buy anything from the store, and queue it up online to your PS3, PS Vita, and/or PS4, You can even download to PSP, but that console's a little older so it takes some extra effort. which reminds me, there are lots of games that are 3-way cross buy. means if you buy the game and/or DLC on one console, it's available, free of charge, on the other two consoles. another strong reason to go with Sony. but as stated above, it all comes down to personall preference. Personally, KI alone isn't a strong enough reason to warrant a purchase right now, which actually hurts to say this as I've been playing KI as long as I've been playing MK and SF, and that's a looooong time. hahaha. I wanna play it sooo bad, but paying hundreds for the privilage, is a little steep. Clement, any particular site you use for buying games and PSN cards from different regions, and are the prices reasonable?

2015-03-19 06:04:19

www.solarisjapan.com
for psn cards,
www.playasia.com
Also sells psn cards along with Japanese and Asian region games. The best way to create a Japanese account if you don't know the language is by using the sony store and choosing Japan as your country. you need to find a Japanese address, but those are easy to find anywhere on the web... and since it's there more or less for no reason, just fill in anything that's a legit Japanese address, which is what I did. tongue And to navigate Japanese text on the site, use NVDa and instant translate. Works wonders if you need it and since games are digitally available nowadays as well, I recommend just downloading them as that saves up on taxes and the like.

2015-03-22 23:49:49

Man oh man, you guys are teaching me so much. I don't know if I've ever told you guys this, but I've been an avid video gamer since the age of 4 years old, but my knolledge of video games pretty much stopped with the Nintendo 64, but I've got every gaming console that's out there today, and can play them, but I'm not really up to par as to what games are accessible and which ones aren't, so this forum and others like it are extremely helpful as it helps me put together better Christmas lists for mom. Lol. I've got a PS4, I've also got my new TV so I can hook up my new PS4 and waited with bated breath for the text to speech feature to come about, and let's be honest guys, even if it does only work for chatting features, we can still help Sony with improving it I'm sure of that, and they'll build it out. This is huge, and even if it's not exactly what we're needing right now, trust me, if they've built it into this latest version of firmware, they won't let it go. Have a wonderful day and I will deffinitly be talking to you soon. Incidentally, the games I also enjoy playing are the simulation games like the Sims, and theme park and amusement park simulators. Are there any of those that are accessible? thanks a lot my friends and I'm learning so very much.

2015-03-23 04:35:58

Karate, do you happen to own a PS3 and a copy of Mortal Kombat  9 and/or injustice? maybe we can throw down some matches online! I actually wanna fight new people but no one ever wants to fight. ugh. Like clement, I fought him several times on SF before, but Injustice? never! c'mon dude, let's get this on! ahahahahaha