2015-03-02 16:50:01

Actually, I was thinking something like this:
Coins, great idea. But you can't crash, and you can't hit obstacles either. If you hit a sticky mud obstacle, you lose 1 coins. if you hit the disorientator, that's 3 coins. If you crash, that's 7 out of 20 coins you would get from racing the race.
Fuel will also be good, especially when I put a turbo powerup into the game. If you use a turbo, it will slice off 40% of your fuel supply!
  Combine that with unlockables planned for the game, I promise this to be addicting once I finish it. Oh and be looking for Wednesday night's audio demo, as I've began working on enemies in the game.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2015-03-02 17:04:23

Hi, I followed this topic for the last few days and I just wanted to throgh in my ideas.
1: There could be speed or slowdown strips on the road so that, when you drive over them, get faster or slower, depending on the strip of the road.
2: There could be objects lying on the road like extra fuel tanks or such stuff.
Just some ideas.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2015-03-02 17:07:35

@simba

1: those strips would likely be on more advanced tracks.
2: what it sounds like you're describing is powerups, and yes those are being worked on: extra gas, turbo etc

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.

2015-03-04 17:08:23

Hey all,
So a few important changes here:

the game is moving more toward the unlockable side now. Rather than automatically loading the beginner track on game start, you must select between that, or another track you've unlocked before hitting start game. I'll show you how in tonight's audio demo.
Also, the maximum number of opponents you can spawn on a track depends on how wide the track is; the beginner track is 60 wide, so only 5 opponents can spawn there.
  Also I played with headphones for the first time today, and the stereo spread sounds freaking awesome! I love how it sounds when the enemies are right next to you, and when you pass them; it sounds so real. Currently I'm still working on variating maxspeeds for enemies, fine tuning and the like, but overall I think we're ready for an awesome audio demo! Be anticipating that tonight, on that page of my website!

2015-03-06 04:52:57

Alright! Sounds like the development of this game is moving fast. Can't wait for the audio demo.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2015-03-06 05:15:06

The audio demo was already released, and can be listened to here

2015-03-06 17:18:29 (edited by burak 2015-03-06 17:19:52)

Hi, I have some more suggestions:
1-You should add surfaces. Not like in top sppeed, I mean not like water, sand, etc. Add tunnels. When you enter a tunnel, you hear a wooshing sound, and the sounds of the car begin to echo. If other aponents are not in the tunnel, the sound of other aponents should be muffled, and echoed as well.
2-Add starting sounds for vehicles
Thanks.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-03-06 18:04:52

Actually Burak, I was thinking about adding something similar to what you've suggested: walls, that a player must navigate between. Though all left to right squares will be available to pass, you must position yourself between the two walls in order to stay on the road and not die.
Let's give an example: The builder of the track places a wall nav object. The left wall is located at 23, the right wall at 27. The length of the wall nav object is 50 squares. Thus, the player must turn left until they're between 23 and 27. If they are not within these boundaries throughout all 50 squares of the wall nav object, they would die.

Is this a good idea?
Of course, I'd make it impossible to spawn these while on track turns, at least for the less advanced tracks anyway, as that could cause the player to have to constantly fine turn lest they'd love to grind the wall and explode

2015-03-06 18:06:11

Yeh, it's fine, though be sure to add echoing, too.

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-03-06 18:54:21

I can try to that, but not sure whether or not I actually can. First of all, though, I'm gonna try and implement the carier feature, and I also need to get together a game datafile that keeps track of varying variables that depend on your progress through the game. Once I do the datafiles, I think management of the various features will be far easier.

2015-03-12 05:05:57

Hey all,
Just thought I'd let you know. I switched testers, and the new one I have is very relyable and has helped me quite a bit today, fixing a few bugs I didn't even know existed despite my countless runs. It's always good to have a newbie at the game play for the first time and inform me of any troubles they encounter.
  But this might come as an excitement to you all, I've added in player stats! That's rights, you can now earn coins if you win races, and you can level up as well, once you achieve a certain number of wins. I'm currently level 1, with 3 wins, and have 1150 coins at the moment! Amazing, right?
Also, go here, because I will be posting the audio demo shortly, and this week it's somewhat different.

Word of caussion: next week, the audio demo might sound quite a bit different from the one this week. More about this will be found on my Blog on Friday's upcoming post

2015-03-12 10:59:30

Hi,
Wow, the new audio demo sounds quite fun for me.
Something I would put in to the game would be the shifting of gears.
In my opinion, this would make the game a lot more reallistik.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2015-03-12 18:38:22

Oh yeah, gears. Those completely slipped my mind... can you say lols?
Anyway good idea.

2015-03-13 12:58:57

Hi
Please make it sir
I like racing and has expected a racing game from USAGames but they have some other issues
so don't hesitate sir!
I love every game except text games.

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2015-03-13 18:24:27

Hi, you should add going backwards, too.

2015-03-13 19:08:03 (edited by The Dwarfer 2015-03-13 19:09:15)

hmm yeah. although, I'm not sure why you'd need that, that is, until I implement unlockable missions and you have to turn around and shoot a cop or something, or perhaps you want a powerup to be yours before the enemy can get it. You know what? That actually sounds like a great idea! I'll be adding those to my coding suggestions directory. PS do you keep up to date with my development page? I only ask this because I think it would help you quite a bit, that way you would know all the features I'm working on and the ones I'll be adding next.

2015-03-13 22:47:03

Yes, I try to read the change log every day. Why would ı need going backwards? It's just for reality, and just for some fun. A race car doesn't go forward all the time, after all. Or for example, what if there is an aponent very behind of you, and you just want to have some fun by just going backwards and make him catch up to make the game more challenging. I'd sure want that.

2015-03-13 23:27:58

Urgent--input requested!
I was wondering, instead of putting opponents to the left and right of the player, should they all be lined up (y1, y2, y3) etc for each opponent, and the further the opponent is from the 0 coordinate, the slower they will accelerate?
@Burak I understand dude. Yes, I might as well add such functionality in there... you know... it would be quite humerous. I was thinking that if the player hits shift+down arrow one time, they will begin to move backwords. If they hit shift plus up arrow, they will move forward again.
You know what would be funny? If some one used the backwords feature to go behind an opponent, turn back around, and bump it from behind to slow it down a little. Now, that, would be funny!

2015-03-13 23:29:48

Hi, no, it should not be like y1 y2 etc, or else everything would be dependant on luck. It's the point of the race for everyone to start fare, at the same place. Top speed does not obey that rule.

2015-03-13 23:49:44 (edited by The Dwarfer 2015-03-13 23:51:23)

Oh. So that is good: my positioning from left to right on track is good?

Also Burak, Driving backwards and forwards is now implemented. While driving, Press left shift on keyboard to turn backwards, and press right shift at any time to drive normally again. Perhaps I'll add an item in the carrier that allows for players to make enemies do this for a small bit of time, but it would likely cost someware around 10000 coins, simply because the player is already a tiny bit faster than their opponents in the first place, and the only time I'd think this to be useful is when a player crashes, for example, and does not want to be so far behind their rivals.

2015-03-14 00:29:15

I also think they should all be side by side, it does seem more fair.

Stevie-3

2015-03-14 00:34:31

Yeah, I was thinking so as well. But the only racing games I've ever played were Jim Kitchen's Mach 1 and top speed3, and I don't remember much about the former, since I hadn't played that in 4 years. But as for Top Speed I thought the cars were ligned in a y coordinate row, rather than side by side, that's why I was confused.

2015-03-14 10:40:07 (edited by burak 2015-03-14 10:40:48)

Hi, if you have not done yet, to make driving backwards and forwards more realistic, if you are driving at a fast speed forward for example and you press left shift, the car should slow down still going forward, stop, and accelerate, going backwards this time. And vice versa.
Oh and if you have not done so, you should add breaking as well.

2015-03-14 17:59:06

yeah I believe topspeed does have you lined up bumper to bumper rather than side by side. I wouldn't have a problem with that if it wasn't random, if you had to do a qualifying race to determine your position in the single file line, that would be cool, I believe that's what NASCAR does.

Stevie-3

2015-03-14 18:19:14

Hi, I still think racers should start side by side. Otherwise it's being unfare.